The Bay Gardens is a great small hotel, and we fully agree with the previous reviews. We stayed there for a most enjoyable week. Our room was clean, well serviced, perfectly located (just a few steps to the pool), quiet, and comfortable. Everything in the room worked well, including the air conditioner. The service of the staff and management were excellent. They went out of their way to make sure that we were happy.
The only problem we had was with the bed, and once this was corrected we had no complaints. We booked and were confirmed in a king-sized bed in a deluxe room, but when we arrived, we were given a room with 2 double beds. The next day, a queen sized bed was in the room, but it was very soft and spongey, and the mattress cover was dirty. Finally a king-sized bed was moved in, and we were very happy with it.
The location is good and a nice walk to the beach and lots of restaurants. There is even a WONDERFUL gelato shop called Elena's only a few minutes walk away! Don't miss it!
We drove around the island and enjoyed it very much. The beach at Anse Chastenet, near Soufriere, is lovely--don't be put off by the very rough road to get to it. Snorkeling there is very nice too. In the Soufriere area, we also visited Fond d'Or Estate (a working cocoa plantation with a botanical garden) and Diamond Falls, also with a botanical garden.
Reduit Beach (nearest to the Bay Gardens) is OK, but tends to get very crowded with cruise ship passengers. However, they are easily avoided by walking to the south end of the beach where there is a lovely shaded grassy area.
We highly recommend the Bay Gardens Inn and would go back again if we return to St. Lucia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This cozy, romantic, 33-room hotel is a tropical paradise that offers all of the pleasures of charming island life. Conveniently located in the island epicenter of Rodney Bay, the Bay Gardens Inn offers spacious modern rooms, each with a private terrace, exquisite Saint Lucian cuisine, and a high standard of service that creates an atmosphere for ultimate relaxation. The Bay Gardens Inn is a paradise for the vacationing family, the ideal spot for a conference retreat, or a romantic escape for couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bay Gardens Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet