We enjoyed our first stay last January so much that we chose to return for another week in February this year. We had a great vacation again this year at St. James Club Morgan Bay and would return again in the future.
That said, here are a few comments:
-we selected a deluxe ocean view room which is somewhat higher cost - these are in the 900 to 1200 blocks on top of the hill. Rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors have a fantastic view of the ocean and gardens and hills around Castries. A hike up the hill is required but we appreciated the exercise and golf carts provide a ride for anyone who need assistance. There was no elevator in the building but the stairways have 2 landings between each level and are well lit. These rooms have large balconies or patios with sliding doors.
- the rooms were comfortable and quiet with a flat screen TV with many channels The bathrooms are large and well lit except for the mirror which my wife found provided inadequate lighting for make-up. The shower was good - with the only complaint being that water pressure was low in the morning. The rooms furnishings were fine except another waste paper basket and a second side table for the bed would be nice to have.
- the rooms and all public areas are very clean - bathrooms were well stocked with paper towels at all times.
- the grounds are very well maintained and the gardens are beautiful. There was no garden tour offered this year and we missed that experience.
- the beach and pool areas were very pleasant. The new beach bar meant that there was never any waiting at any of the bars. There were lots of lounge chairs but shady areas and parasols were in short supply after mid-morning - mainly because many guests claim the best areas and leave towels there all day when they show up only occasionally.
- the restaurants were all great and food quality very good. The new Treetop restaurant with pasta and pizza was a welcome addition although we found the thin crust pizza too dry and the staff there was not as pleasant as everywhere else. Reservations for a-la-carte restaurants could be made in the lobby between 7 AM and 3 PM up to 3 days in advance. We dined at the Pier 3 times. The Plum Tree restaurant and bar near the children's pool and tennis courts was great for lunches - many guests were not aware of it because it is a bit remote from the main areas but well worth the walk and not just for families with children.
- the staff of the resort are truly excellent. They are very polite and helpful.
- we did have a hiccup at check in because for some unknown reason our Air Canada Vacations reservation was not in the hotel computer system. This did cause a 40 minute delay but we were then assigned our room with an apology.
- we took one tour - Lucian Roots including Pigeon island - very enjoyable.
Enough said. We will look forward to another visit in future years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet