Well we have been back 3 weeks now and miss this place so much! I was a worried after reading some of the reviews but couldn't fault the place at all.
We stayed for 10 days which was just perfect, we felt completely relaxed throughout our stay.
I agree the rooms are a little tired and could do with modernising but they are kept immaculate and our cleaner came everyday.
We couldn't fault the food and drink, my husbands favourite was the Jerk chicken and I loved the Fish creole at bambou (lunchtime) Also, a special thank you to the lady at Palms who does the fantastic omelettes and eggs -Alantha? always served with a smile :-) How you can go home without putting on weight is a mystery!!
The Bar staff are all fantastic, quick to see you have a drink in your hand and we did tip when they made me up unusual cocktails which tasted delicious.
The watersports made the trip worth the money for us, we sailed, kayaked, paddleboarded and water skied all included!! We also played tennis and the courts were good quality.
We did the day trip to the Pitons, snorkelling, mudbath etc and booked through the hotel which meant going on a catamaran, having spoke to others we wished we had booked Joys cruise on the speedboat as it seemed a lot more fun and they had a beach BBQ.
We paid for a taxi from the hotel into Castries which was an adventure and worth seeing on market day but we decided to be brave and get the bus further up the island to Rodney Bay (much cheaper option!) we decided we preferred our private beach rather than getting pestered for sunbeds, drinks etc! We were relieved to get back to the familiar surroundings of St James's :-)
We highly recommend this resort for couples or families, we made some lovely friends and lots of memories. We would go back tomorrow!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet