Us- Family of 4. Aged 40,39,7 & 6.
Location - Very Good, not surrounded by tourist traps and walking distance to a bank and shops, I heard of one person being mugged but not sure whether that was here or else where. Usual precautions would suffice and could happen anywhere.
Being west facing there are amazing sunsets. The beach is yellow/white sand and a pleasure to play / sunbathe on. The sea water is good & warm though not as clear as other parts of the island so it's harder to see when snorkeling.
Resort surrounded by bush covered hills and not overlooked.
Food & Drink - Good / Very good. The buffet food was of a high standard and the other 5 restaurants covered most palates and of the same standard. Sometimes the waitresses / waiter would be too attentive which created a rush feeling but it wasn't too bad. The drinks on offer were fair / good and the cocktails are worth a try.
Staff - Very friendly. You're bound to connect with at least one of the staff members who make you feel like a friend. One (Catherine) even bought each of the children a little leaving present which was very thoughtful. The friendly staff are definitely one of St James's strong point.
Room - Fairly basic and starting to look a little tired but not enough that you would be concerned about it. TV's with multiple Sky channels, coffee machines, phones, hair dryers, etc. A small balcony but it was where you could find me as the beach side rooms had amazing views. Worth the extra cost. The block 500 & 600 I would consider the best as they had the best views, they were a little way from the pool / entertainment (aka - noise) but close enough to not have a long walk back to your room. The new blocks are up a hill and furthest away which would bother me eventually. Our room could sleep 4 and consisted of 2 double beds, when we asked if we could have a camp bed so our children could sleep apart they wanted to charge a high rental rate which I thought unreasonable.
Activities - Very good. The water sports were great fun and included water skiing with the all inclusive. Jet skiing was the only extra. They would teach you to sail, wind surf and water ski if you've not done it before and kept an eye on you while on the water. I felt safe and they know how to enjoy the sea. The Hobie Cats are in need of upgrading though.
5 pools are enough with one for adults and another for the kids which is the same depth throughout which means a 5yr + should be able to stand up in it. 2 small slides seem to satisfy our children and to be honest, give them water to play in and they are happy. Plenty of sun beds and a No towel hogging policy makes it fair for everyone.
Kids club was good and kids wanted to go back (a good sign). It's open from 8am to 10pm, Nice!!!
'Joy's Cruise' operates from the beach and is well worth it. Everybody (including ourselves) loved it and the power boat ride was lots of fun.
Going to Pigeon Island is cheaper by arranging your own taxi to take you there and is worth a look. Tranquil and relaxing is how I would describe it.
Entertainment - Poor. The evening entertainment wasn't aimed for the kids in any way and often seemed to consist club style music. One evening with the limbo dancers and steel drum band was good but that's about it.
We didn't try the spa. The shop (as you may expect) was heavily over priced but worth a look.
Overall - Great holiday resort with a few 'let downs' but overall a great location, wonderful people, lots of activities and a good time had by all. We did meet several people who had returned from previous trips which I think says it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet