My Fiancé and I stayed here for 11 nights in May. It's a very laid back relaxed resort which suits us fine. It's not all glitzy, its very natural and casual and exactly what we thought it would be like. Just to explain why I think some reviews have been negative about some of the staff- the staff inside at the reception and booking area are very proffesional in their manor , which I found to be appropriate for their role within the hotel. The st lucians are very genuine people and are not putting on some big cheesy act like you'd expect in butlins. They are there to do a job. The bar staff are always happy and dancing and so friendly- as they should be in their role. There was a big difference in the two different staff but I was only impressed by this and thought they'd got it spot on! The food was very good throughout the hotel , although we didn't try le jardin. It was a lovely beach and our room was very nice and st lucian with white wicker furniture throughout. Our view was stunning and the best view we have ever had of the rain forest and the sea in the bay next to us. We could watch thousands of birds flocking back to the rainforest at about 6pm, it was a beautiful site! We went into castries and rodney bay on the local buses and went to reduit beach which must be seen and had a beer in spinnakers. We did joys cruise which is the best way to see the island , so I do recommend. It's a well run family business.
Now for the few negatives -
There were cats roaming
around in the buffet that looked unwell, I appreciate that wild cats out there are inevitable but I found on a couple of occasions it put me off my food. If the hotel could feed them of an evening in an area away from the guests this would stop them pestering us.
There was no where to get food after 9.30 and my Fiancé is a late eater and would have liked at least a hot dog or pizza at about 11. That being said the Italian restaurant did let him get a takeaway pizza to have in his room later. The no food late evening was a problem for us but possibly didn't bother others.
The glasses were all plastic at the bar of an evening and after you'd gone back to your room and got ready it would have been just spot on to have a lovely cocktail in a nice glass and not a plastic beaker! Again, no one else complained about this but I think they do this as the bar is at the pool area and breakages could result in cut feet the next day. They need another bar somewhere in the resort for adults wanting a decent glass.
Overall, it is a lovely hotel and a decent 4 star. Don't let my negatives put you off please. I've only put them as its important that the hotel has the correct feedback from the guests , so they can take note, and make improvements where needed and of course,where possible. We had a lovely relaxing stay and do recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet