“Great Resort”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Resort”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the resort late June and left early July. I will begin with the staff; absolutely wonderful people. They go out of the their way to ensure you are happy and very well taken care of. When we arrived there was a mix-up with our room and we were not told when checking in; however, after a visit to the manager we were taken care of immediately. The negative aspects to the resort are: the gift shop is way over priced and not much to choose from, no ATM on site - however, town is not too far away, no late night food service, and the entertainment could be upgraded if possible. The positive points- the rooms were very clean and up to date. We were able to walk out on our balcony and the beach was right there. The food was delicious and fresh - not chemically ridden like the food in the U.S. I just can not say enough positive things about staff! Please note this is an overly luxurious resort if that is what you are looking for; however, I would say it is genuinely a 4 star resort. Although it is an all inclusive - I would suggest to carry extra cash as the staff was so kind we found ourselves running out of money to tip. Although they do not wait for a tip etc. it is nice to show extra appreciation (my thoughts). The water activities were great. Also, they have a very quiet pool on top of the hill which I found to be very nice- they provide you with warm peppermint towels! I fell in love with St. James Club and plan to return.

Room Tip: Suggest a room facing the beach and on the top level - better view. Also make sure the rooms are the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,116)
Alliston, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed June 29th - July 6th and celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary while their on July 1st (Happy Canada Day!). For anyone that complains about the food on this resort, YOUR NUTS! The food is very good, the chef's know how to cook, even at the Palms buffet the steak was cooked perfectly medium rare. Our favorite place for breakfast was at the Bambou, eggs made to order, fresh fruit and fresh baked breads, our favorite Host was Nadia (She is so friendly and helpful and remembers everyone's name). All the staff, in fact the entire island is filled with friendly people. We had zero complaints about staff and when we did ask questions they were always ready to help. Bar and wait staff went out of their way to mix you the drink of your choice....I'd go for the Bob Marley's every time. We also ate at the Morgan Peir, great Herb crusted Chicken by the way and did eat at La Jardin. At La Jardin be prepared to pay $55/couple USD just to visit this restaurant. The food was good but in my opinion nothing special that warranted the extra cost. The Tree Top Pizza and Pasta was also very good and if you miss lunch like I did 4 days due to diving with Scuba Steve's you had one choice to eat and that was the plum tree, which serves great burgers, pizza, mac/cheese and the best chicken strips and chicken figures (fresh or frozen).
We stayed in 1200 building (Room 1223) right beside the Tommy bar and adult pool. The view was amazing and we really would like to thank the management for getting us this room for our anniversary. The bed was very comfortable and the room was nicely appointed and very clean. Be prepared for stairs though if you stay in this building but we liked it as it provide some good exercise after eating. The sunsets are so amazing and the resort is extremely well taken care of. The beach is a perfect size for the resort and you can always find a chair. The ocean is not a blue as other islands but water access is mostly sandy bottom with a a few small rocks. There is lots of water sports to do, and always something going on during the day, especially the pool exercises which were always packed. You can rent a seadoo at the beach for 40-50/ half hour. there is horse back riding and I would highly recommend you visit Joy Tours and take their speedboat excursion for $100USD/person. It is by far the best tour on the island and Vaughan is the best boat guide you will ever have. The beach BBQ for lunch while on the Joy Tours is so tasty. The only issue we had was the booking of the restaurants, get up early or call from room early as you can only book for 3 days and need to visit multiple times to get your week booked. On site is a gift shop and jewellery shop where they sell nice diamonds and watches. As for entertainment, I would rate this fair-average. One night they had a steel drum band and fire dancers, that was the best night by far all week. If there was one area I would recommend the resort invest money and energy it would be getting better entertainment.

If you want a great vacation for good value for your money, I'd highly recommend St James Club Morgan Bay. I personally think its a much better deal for the money then staying at any of the Sandels Resorts.

Room Tip: Recommend 1200 Block which is last building and ask for 2nd floor or higher as the views are amazing...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I really loved my week in St. Lucia at St. James Club. The resort was beautiful, and the beach was really nice--never super crowded while my wife and I were there in late May into early June. Even though it was hot, the constant breeze blowing off the shore kept us cool every day. I loved the staff, they were so genuinely friendly and fun to hang out with, especially the water sports guys!! the all-inclusive food and alcohol was AMAZING. the only thing i was a bit underwhelmed by was the quality of our room. it was pretty but i thought it would be a bit more luxurious. i totally would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: i was in an oceanfront room but i would have rather have stayed in the rooms on top of the hill on t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I had a great time at St. James club, I arrived in late June and stayed until July 4. Lets start off by talking about the food, I ate at all the resturants except Le Jardin and the food was excellent. Me and boyfriend had breakfast every morning at the palms because they offered omlets ready to order. The omlet lady was always so nice and the omlets were amazing. For lunch we would go to the plum tree where they offered fast foods like fries,burgers,hot dogs , chicken wraps, etc. For dinner we loved tree top pizza and pasta, there pizzas are amazing. We also tried the palms for dinner, bambou and morgans pier which also has good food. This resort has a Great location for about $1USD you can hop on a bus which takes you to the city castries, and the bus stop is right infront of the resort. Everything at this resort was Great including the rooms and the service. If I ever come back to saint Lucia, I will be staying here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alisha A
North Devon
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here for ten days from the 15/6/14, had a really good time. Most of the staff were very friendly, but Sheldon the cleaner stood out from the rest, always smiling and happy to help in anyway he could,
If you have a room in the hills you need the buggy unless you are super fit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob F
Derbyshire
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was our first visit to the Caribbean and St Lucia, we chose wisely .End of May into June, great time to go.
The complex was brilliant, all staff very helpful and attended every need. All the restaurants were great, and the appeal of eating at a different restaurant every night made the difference. Our Room was in the 1200 block near the spa, it cost a bit extra but was worth every penny. The beauty of this complex is that you can choose to join in the entertainment or not, it's big enough. We became a bit addicted to BBC drinks! which was banana, Bailey's and coconut milk!, and we don't drink!.
We paid to go to the grenadines, flying to Union Island and then boat trip round the Islands, bliss. We also did the Conveniently late which was well organised. Would definitely return to St James Club.. Maybe helicopter transfer next time!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms brilliant
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheila H
Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We returned a couple of weeks ago from this amazing place.From the moment we arrived to the moment we left was just great.The food was really good and quite a few selections .The egg station was so cool I could watch them all day making their eggs every which way.We met so many lovely people at the resort and around the island so friendly and genuine.The girl at the tour desk is so nice I can't thank her enough for going above and beyond her duty' Oszzy was so nice and I can see by here he's a friend to all that leave there.We didn't do Joy's cruise but did the catamaran one instead what a blast!The people who run it are outstanding and make a awesome rum punch Lol. Also loved the segway tour great fun doing it.I would go back tomorrow if I could maybe next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina

Been to St. James's Club Morgan Bay? Share your experiences!