“Customer Service on point”

St. James's Club Morgan Bay
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Gros Islet
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Customer Service on point”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My stay at this hotel was delightful. I was really impressed with the excellent customer service I encountered by all levels of staff; frontdesk, gift shop, the restaurants and the spa ladies. We were welcomed with a complimentary drink, got a room upgrade and was transported to the room in a timely manner. The room was spacious, clean and had a pool and ocean view. (Block 700). Breakfast at Bamboo restaurant was heavenly with a soothing beachfront view. Do try the catch of the day at the various restaurants. Activities such as beach volleyball and table tennis was fun. It also gave me the opportunity to meet and interact with people from Martinique, France and Australia. There is a tour agency located in the lobby area of the hotel, hence I recommend the ziplining tour. Will return again some day in the near future!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Isha E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,107)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I have never been to St Lucia before but we were treated to the best service you could expect from an all inclusive break. From the moment we landed to take off 2 weeks later we were pampered and looked after to the highest standard. St James's Club is an ideal location on the beach and everything within a short walking distance, lots of activities laid on (even when raining). With a variety of restaurants and differing menus it is hard to resist over indulging and then doing aqua aerobics in the morning. I will definitely be returning in the future to again enjoy a relaxing time to unwind.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank D0dger53
GuestAmbassador01, Guest Relations Manager at St. James's Club Morgan Bay, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The St. James's Club Morgan Bay as your first holiday in St. Lucia. We appreciate you taking the time to send us your positive review and delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

The St. James's Club is a vibrant, colorful beachfront resort set amidst 25 acres of beautiful tropical gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea. We pride ourselves on providing guests with accommodations, service and hospitality in an unpretentious environment where they can enjoy a one of a kind Caribbean experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future when looking to unwind in a sun-filled Caribbean destination!

Kind regards,
Guest Ambassador
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed at St James Club in February of this year for our honeymoon. Absolutely loved it couldn't fault the place. The staff did all they could to help and were friendly & polite at all times. The food was of a wide variety (was a little worried as I'm a very fussy eater) but I didn't struggle any day. We had a lovely room over looking the sea, which was lovely listening to the waves crashing. Loved the boat trip to the pitons it was the most amazing place we could have spent Valentines day as a married couple. Will definitely visit again and recommend to other couples. This isn't a hotel that's suitable for children.

• Stayed February 2014
Dovercourt, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have not long been back from our honeymoon where we stayed at this lovely hotel. On our arrival there did seem to be confusion about whether our room was ready or not but as we had booked a helicopter transfer to the area rather than taking the 2 hour bus journey we assumed this was because we arrived earlier than expected. After speaking to reception we were given our room key and shown to our room. Our room was immaculate and the staff had put decorations on the bed to welcome us. The amount of activities available was fantastic and the concierge was fantastic with booking our trips and excursions around the island. The food was fantastic and had a good selection, the a la carte menus were also beautifully presented. The only downside to our trip was the sheer number of times I was bitten while out and about in the late afternoon/evening, this was despite using insect repellent daily. Unfortunately I seemed to react badly to the bites and my legs were swollen and very itchy, others did not seem to suffer so badly and my husband was only bitten a couple of times.

Room Tip: The higher number rooms are bigger but they are a bit further up the hill so a bit of a hike.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Tanya G
Castries, St. Lucia
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Our family was very pleased with the high level of service, friendliness of staff, very clean hotel, food was excellent. Liane in the Palms hotel was very nice. I was impressed when she recognized the mother and wife from a family was ill and offered to send breakfast to her in her room.
Both my wife and daughter have food allergies, and we were very happy with the level of care taken by the Pier Restaurant in preparing their meals.
My daughter who is very picky with hotels said this was her best hotel so far. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Bernezkhodra
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from st James Club having spent 13 nights with my family at this fabulous resort.
Where to begin?
The customer service at this hotel is by far the best I've experienced in the carribean or indeed at the majority of hotels I've visited worldwide. The staff take every opportunity to engage with their guests and nothing is too much trouble. The staff seem to genuinely enjoy working at the resort and this was reflected in their smiling faces.
However the water sports team have to take the most credit for their amazing service. The boys take soo much time and patience with helping guests to learn to waterski, their tuition, patience and encouragement was second to none. My 9 year old son got up on his skis for the first time purely down to them. Thanks Karim and Stephan! Thanks to all the boys ,you made our holiday . Stewart, Robbie, Peter,Julius, Modeste, all great guys.
Thanks Stewart for taking my daughter out on the boat, the highlight of her holiday ;))
Guest services manager Sharon was so kind and caring when I broke my arm during my holiday. She even rang the hospital to check on my welfare and made daily enquiries thereafter as to my well being.
All the staff ( especially those water sports boys!) went out of their way to ensure I still enjoyed my holiday despite my accident.
The rooms with interconnecting doors were perfect for a family and were spacious, clean, freshly decorated and had lovely views of the grounds.
The food in all restaurants was delicious and in the ala carte the presentation was outstanding , dishes were cooked from locally sourced produce and you could eat a variety of cuisines during the weekly menus. Fab.
The beach was small but beautifully maintained and the sea clean and mainly clear.
The Joys cruise excursion, highly recommended, takes you to other beaches on the island where the water is turquoise and you can swim amongst the array of beautiful fish.
We had planned to stay 12 nights but extended to 13 as we couldn't bare to leave!
This has certainly been our favourite holiday to date and we plan return next year.
" Good job" St James !!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Heather C
NY
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I had been to St Lucia years ago staying as a family in the Windjammer landing and had nothing but fond memories and was glad to be going back with friends. This hotel looks nice in the photos posted. But when we arrived there was nothing but pure confusion with the front desk registration staff in assisting with our party of seven and the rest of the people who had come in our same flight. The way we were being registered it seemed as if the staff had just started working there as of yesterday and di not know what they were doing. The rooms were nice I must say, but the majority are away from the dining areas and pools. So unless you walk it or call for the jitney every time you need to get from here to there. The food in the dining rooms were not that good, much of the food being way, way, too salty. The waitresses did not have a smile on their faces until we spoke to one of the wait staff supervisors and that attitude was then changed. The beach water was not Caribbean blue as in the photo, but a nightmare brown. Super turn off. All in our party are well travelled and are very much know a good place when we see a good establishment. The only tour we took was a tour of the winery which was awful and a waste of money. It was $66.00 U.S and we saw one room where the wine fermented and that was the tour. Wine tasting.... there were several liquors to taste, but the liquor was the same at the airport and was less expensive at the airport so do not buy on the tours. For the shopping area, take a taxi into where the locals shopping area you can just was well worth the bangs for your buck. Be certain to buy spices and the banana ketchup. They are truly worth it. Beware if you are a diabetic as the banana ketchup is on the sweet side.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped or cannot walk far, ask to be placed in a room near the pools and dining room...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 12 in Gros Islet
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina

Been to St. James's Club Morgan Bay? Share your experiences!