“The PERFECT week!!”

Villa Capri
Canada
“The PERFECT week!!”
Reviewed 28 November 2008

My family and I went to the Villa Capri in November of 2007. We had an AMAZING stay. Right from the very start, all of the staff were so helpful! Kris was amazing in answering all of our emails with questions.

The original plan was to get married at the Villa Capri however, some medical conditions forced us to change our plans. Instead we got married here in Canada and then headed down with about 17 of us in all. The youngest was about 18 months (a premature baby and he learned to walk while we were down there, awesome!). The oldest was my husband's great grandmother, I won't disclose her age but you can imagine.

The food was FANTASTIC! We did our own groceries throughout the week, the cooks worked with whatever we bought. We had some picky eaters but everybody was stuffed after every meal.

The villa was a palace! It was amazing to have our own pool, our own cooks, our own bar, and our own absolutely gorgeous view of the ocean. Our wedding was Friday at 7pm and our plane took off at 6am on Saturday morning. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep. We landed in St. Lucia, waited for the rest of our family to get in (3 different flights, all within an hour or so), then loaded up the vans and it was off to the villa. The ride was amazing. The drivers were extremely friendly. We arrived at the villa just past sunset (about 630pm). We all headed to bed relatively early, but not before checking out all of the rooms. We didn't realize what an amazing view we had until the morning. WOW! That's all I have to say. It was better than what I had ever imagined... better than most people's perception of paradise!

The beach is definately within walking distance, but it's straight down the hill. By "hill", I don't mean a slow grade, it's a rough walk. My 7 year old nephew seemed to do okay with it but gramma and great gramma had some problems. I don't blame them, I asked my husband to give me a piggy back ride, haha. The waves are pretty rough as it's not on the Carribean side of the island.

We didn't love the way that the locals would try to push their merchandise on you, that got really annoying.

We did the kayaking trip, which was good, fairly basic though. We also went horseback riding, which was amazing! We even got to go swimming in the ocean with the horses. This part was a little more demanding. You're bareback, and the waves sort of push you off the horse. I had my nephew right behind me on the horse tugging me off so it was interesting, but definately awesome! We also did the catamaran trip with the whole lot of us. This was enjoyed by every single one of us. My nephew got to drive the boat pretty much the whole way. We hung out at the front on the net. Gramma and great gramma took advantage of the rum punch, perhaps not realizing how much of a punch the rum really had, that is until they got off the boat and attempted to walk. The waterfalls were gorgeous, but you don't have very much time there. The drive in volcano was pretty smelly (sulphur), but definately a sight to see. The cocoa plantation was really neat, they give you a tour and let you know how everything works. We went to the zoo which was really neat especially if you have little kids with you. They don't have very many animals at all, maybe 20? But they're very knowledgeable regarding where they come from, how they live, what the eat etc... They also take you for a little tour down the path and explain some flora and fauna along the way.

Pigeon Point was amazing!! It's great for everybody. There is some beautiful scenery, it's very rich in history with plaques to describe the ruins, caves and forts. There are great hiking trails, and from the top you can see the island of dominica. The point actually joins the two seas so the beach on the carribean side is awesome for little ones as the waves are much better. We did some snorkeling here. It's not the island's best, but for first-timers, it was definately amazing!

The market in Castries was really neat, lots of local arts, crafts and fruits. I wouldn't recommend this part for small children, the kids got a little bored and really hot within a few hours. We ended up going to Burger King for lunch because it was air conditioned.

While we were on the catamaran trip, Dominica (only miles away) suffered an earthquake. It was a 7.3 on the rictor scale. We didn't feel a thing. The resort suffered some damage, mostly just things being knocked off walls and tables. Some of the showers had some tiles come off the wall and there was a crack in the side of the building. The staff, once again, were amazing and had it all cleaned up before we even got a chance to see it. In fact, if they wouldn't have said anything, we wouldn't have even known there was an earthquake.

I think I covered just about everything. Please feel free to contact me for any additional info. chantal.leblanc1987@hotmail.com

• Liked — food, staff, attractions, rooms... everything!
  • Disliked — St. Lucia is mountainous, don't plan on walking anywhere... also the pushy locals (although you get that anywhere in the carribean)
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
20 Thank Chantal L

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wilmington, N.C.
Reviewed 29 October 2007

My husband and I recently were wed at the Villa Capri. Our families joined us and everyone had such an amazing time. The wedding was so beautiful and easy. I didn't feel the least bit of stress. The property manager and staff took care of everything from the wedding to the tours and attractions. We had an opportunity to be involved in every aspect of the wedding and it went off without a hitch. Our families were so impressed with how smooth and georgous the whole experience was. The view from the villa was breathtaking. It was truely like living in paradise and we all hope to come back next year. It was exactly the wedding of my dreams, just minus the stress and worry. I would highly reccomend the Villa Capri for any couple planning to wed, or anyone for that matter. I wouldn't have changed a thing about our entire trip. We fell in love with the island, the villa and the staff.

• Liked — The view, the staff, the rooms
  • Disliked — we loved everything
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
22 Thank ILM1983
IL
Reviewed 2 April 2007

My family for the past 5 years have been taking a cruise for outrChristmas Vacations, but last year we deicided to take a different route and rent a house. It was THE best decision we ever made. The staff at Villa Capri went above and beyond our expectations. We had no idea what to expect as this was our first home rental, they are going to be a very hard act to follow. our trip was 12 days long for 14 family members. The hardest thing to get use to was getting up in the morning and breakfast was ready, then going to the pool and being called for lunch then going to the beach and then returning and being called for dinner. It was defiantely the most relaxing vacation I've ever been on. We would recommend this villa 100%. Kudos to the Villa Capri staff.
The Stineman Clan! (PA, IL, FL, TX)

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — the bugs, but you can't get away from that no matter where you go.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
22 Thank midi7869
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2005

We had a great experience at the Villa Capri. We were there in early January for my brother's wedding. Kris, the wedding coordinator, pampered to all of our needs and whims. And always with a smile. Sorry Kris. I know we'rr all high-maintenance!

Since Villa Capri sits on top of a hill, the view of the ocean is spectacular and the walk to the beach very easy.

I wish I could remember the cooks name, but the food was yummy too!

• Stayed January 2005
19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 March 2005

We attended a week long wedding celebration at Villa Capri in 1/05. It was wonderful! The staff was the most accomodating of any island resort we've been to. The atmosphere was warm and relaxing. The grounds and villa were beautiful. The food was great! The location is also ideal. We could not have asked for more and would love to go back!

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NYC
Reviewed 2 March 2005

I got married at the Villa Capri in January, 2005. My closest friends and family stayed at the Villa Capri. It was absolutely amazing. The rooms were adorable and wonderfully decorated. The staff was just perfect, the food was delicious. The set up of the villa was exactly what I wanted. The dining room was big enough to have my reception held there. I can't begin to tell you what a view the villa looks at. It is also conveniently located to many restaurants and sights. I could not of asked for a better place to have a wedding. It was just perfect.

18 Thank Liza L
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Villa Capri? Share your experiences!