“Not advised!”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
United Kingdom
“Not advised!”
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Went here a few yrs ago...it was absolutely terrible. The only pluses I good think of was the cleanliness of the room and the relative location of the hotel, in terms of being near a major mall and not to far from the beach (by drive!). Staff was no way friendly, charged exorbitant fees on a phone call...10EC! I remember my room was next to a smokers, and the smell of the smoke was horrible, my room is non-smoking...guess that made no difference.

Breakfast was terrible, runny eggs with ketchup, however the bakes and salt fish were awesome as well as the fresh fruit that they hand pick! That was the plus...I do not advise this place...

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank travelfreakz

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
london
Reviewed 14 May 2008

Me and my girlfriend spent two nights at the MJI hotel in May 2008. The biggest disappointment was the value for money. We had spent two weeks island hopping and stayed in places in Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago for a third of the cost and the rooms that we stayed in were bigger, better equiped, closer to the beaches and night life and had better views than MJI.

For the prices we paid we were expecting alot more, there were no towels or bins in the room and the room was tiny. We requested 3 times for towels and a bins before we got them. The hotel is definitely not in the heart of Rodney Bay, more like the outskirts.

The hire car was of good quality, but again alot more expensive compared to what we hired in Barbados. The spare wheel had no tread and we had to ask twice before they changed it.

The experience wasn't a total disaster, the staff are polite and always greeted us.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Value for money
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Scrumpy14

Travellers are raving about these Gros Islet hotels

London Ontario
Reviewed 18 March 2008

My wife and I from Canada spent over three months a MJI hotel from November 2007 to February 11/2008. However, I am St Lucian born. Great value.great location. great staff. Moses is a genuine and caring hotelier. Check out my website [--] and you'll know exactly what I mean. MJI had exactly what I needed while doing business and some fun in St Lucia.

Maurice

Stayed November 2007
4 Thank edmunddante
miami
Reviewed 8 March 2008

The room I bargained for wasnt wat i got. Rather They had us in a tiny room. a small tv and one shower. that was about it. no stove kettle nothing of that sort. the staff wasnt all that nice and lots of broken stuff... no sea view..
its jus a nono when choosin hotels to stay at in st.lucia.
next time its BAY GARDENS for us

• Liked — the drinks
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
4 Thank bbbb094
London
Reviewed 23 July 2007

Hi, I have just finished my stay at the MJI and have to say i thoroughly enjoyed it.
I actually made the booking before reading the other reviews, and after seeing the first review on this site, very nearly cancelled it.
But fortunately i have to say my experience at the hotel was totally different.
The staff done there best to make sure i was comfortable, it has a lovely pool and is only 5 minutes from the beach and 2 minutes from the local shops and mall.
My room was very clean (i stayed in a double room on the ground floor by the garden).
I can't comment on the food because i ate else where, but all in all i would recomend this hotel, it is reasonably priced and does what it says on the tin.
Keep up the good work.

• Liked — the art deco furniture, really cool.
  • Disliked — It wasn't free......
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank aidey49
wales
Reviewed 31 March 2007

was there for the cricket world cup march11th -march28th. I would not recommened this hotel to anybody. We had a 2 bed apt s/c. There was no cooker, kettle, toaster, pots pans etc. None of the bedrooms was described on brochure and the outside dinning area had broken chairs and damaged tables. Waste water from kitchen area in appt flowed into an outside uncovered gully where it stayed for a day at a time and smelt. bare wires in room and a bathroom that had a peeling blackening ceiling. After complaing to our rep. we were given kettle and toaster with some crockery. Nothing else altered.
St Lucia is a great place and the people just fantastic, just make sure you pick the right place to stay.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everybody
  • Stayed March 2007
4 Thank Morcy
caribbean
Reviewed 11 March 2007

ok no beach but the pool makes up for it, its uge!!!!!!! but the beach is like 5 mins away. poolside dinning also you can play pool by the pool lol i love it, great company, frendly staff. the rooms are so cozy

Stayed February 2005
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
Coco Palm Resort
Coco Palm Resort
#2 of 6 in Rodney Bay

Been to MJI St Lucia? Share your experiences!