“So glad we chose Bay Gardens”

Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Delta, Canada
“So glad we chose Bay Gardens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Our family of four had a great 5 days at Bay Gardens. The staff were very helpful. We wanted to play volleyball on the beach and the staff helped to move tents and furniture and brought out the net and poles. The beach is amazing and the pools are perfect to hang out around.

Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sean M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We arrived at the airport There was a long taxi ride from the airport and our taxi's a/c was broken or not turned on--our driver was very unprofessional. However, our hotel check in was quick and professional. Lester offered us cold rum punch on our arrival while our check in was completed. Lester was our personal concierge while we were there. Our bellhop Kenny was exceptional!

Our suite was clean and well appointed. The view from the deck was exceptional--beautiful room overlooking the pool and ocean! The grounds at Bay Gardens are exceptional (very clean)no trash!! I saw more flower and fruit varieties than anywhere else I've traveled.
Our suite was completely cleaned every day. There were clean bath and beach towels every day. They would even do our dishes if we didn't have time! The beach towels were always laid out in the form of swans or other birds on our bed. It was a nice surprise to look forward to when we returned to our room!

We had the BBQ buffet our first night there. It was excellent with everything from salad, soup, to entree, and dessert! So naturally, we decided to try their breakfast buffet. Don't make that mistake! There was an assortment of local fruit ,and breads.You had to go into the Kitchen and place your main order. It took 30-40 minutes per person to get your food so you could eat. So it was not really a buffet--the food was not very good, but it was expensive. Consequently, we cooked most of our food for the remainder of our trip. The shuttle will take you to the village so you can shop!

The beach was wonderful as was the pool!

Two problems: Our Cable TV went out on Thursday-- the picture quality was bad This issue was never resolved. My husband went to the front desk on Thursday evening to arrange our taxi back to the airport on Saturday morning. Well at 11:30 am Saturday morning our taxi had not arrived, my husband went to the front desk to discover that while they had written his name and time down they forgot to call and reserve our taxi!! The manager and other front desk person began to argue whose fault it was--but we needed a taxi 30 minutes ago. Our taxi was 45 minutes late in picking us up.

Nevertheless, we had a very good vacation at this resort!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank doonie5048
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great accommodation, exceptionally lovely staff and the best position and facilities in the area. What more can I say?! Other than, if you're looking for somewhere slightly smaller than some of the colossal developments in the area, this is the place. Go for a beach view on the upper floors if you can, as these offer stunning views over the bay. We went for B&B only, which I think was a good option. The breakfast is great, but the restaurant menu is fine, but limited. You will want to get out - and so you should as the surrounding restaurants and towns are worth a visit.

Room Tip: Go for a beach view on the upper floors if you can, as these offer stunning views over the bay.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bikepest
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to leave this detailed review Debra. It will definitely give readers a full picture of our Bay Gardens experience and we truly appreciate it. It takes an entire team effort to have a vacation go so smoothly and we have passed on your review to the team so they can see just how good a job they’ve been doing.
We look forward to your visit next year (good call on extending it to 10 nights!).
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Life is good and Bay Gardens Beach Resort made it ever better. My recent trip in September to the resort was certainly memorable. It’s been 5 years since I last visited St. Lucia and my! what a difference a few years can make. The new mall, casino, restaurants really make Rodney Bay come alive. However, the main attraction is Bay Gardens Beach Resort. I selected this property after seeing it featured on Let’s Make a Deal Game Show. Please indulge me for a moment.

After landing in St. Lucia on JetBlue (a must) and taking the 1 hour ride (US$80 one-way) from Hewanorra/UVF Airport (of course, stopping along the way to enjoy a couple of Piton Beers, which is the beer of St. Lucia), I arrived at Bay Gardens Beach Resort in Rodney Bay. The concierge greeted me and directed me to the front desk a few feet away. Check-in was complete in less than 5 minutes. I was impressed. Just as I was about to head to my room, my “personal concierge” Lester, approached me and offered a refreshing beverage. Aaah, service is what I live for. He also invited me to sit and chat to explain his role, which was to provide wake up calls, book restaurant reservations and to explain the vacation club options, etc.. No problem, I’m in St. Lucia and all was well. The latter intrigued me, and I wanted to hear more, which I did later during my vacation.

Well now, here starts the beginning of a perfect vacation… Timothy, the bellman, escorted me to my room on the third landing. When he opened the door, I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was one of the most beautiful rooms I have seen. I had a beach-front, one-bedroom suite fully suited with every kitchen appliance/utensil you can imagine (But, I only used the coffee pot and bottle opener. Hey, I was alone on vacation!). The living room was exquisite with flat screen tv, stylish sofa & chair leading to the balcony, which showcased the beach and fabulous Caribbean Sea. I didn’t think I had died and went to heaven; I was totally awake. It was magnificent!

Oh my… the bedroom was so beautiful. I only wish I had taken a photo of the unique artistry that adorned the bed upon my arrival. Each day there was a different design on the bed. I was in awe… My unit had two (2) bathrooms! One as you walk in the door and a full bath with two sinks and infinity shower inside the bedroom. I was in love with Bay Gardens Beach Resort after being there for only 15 minutes!

My goal in St. Lucia was to relax and read a couple of books. After unpacking for my 5 night stay, I realized that I had left my books back in Chicago. So, I headed to their quaint library where guests leave books for others to enjoy. I found one on day three and enjoyed it tremendously.

Bay Gardens Beach Resort was perfect for me. The food and bar service were excellent. From the beach barbeque on Saturday to the Managers’ Cocktail Welcome Reception on Wednesday—all meals were superb! In fact my most memorable ones were the West Indian breakfast (I had it 3 times) and the dinner after the Managers’ Reception (very reasonably priced). Those events included Ackee & Salt fish (my favorite), fried plantains (you have to tell them to grill them, don’t deep fry) and excellent curry chicken, barbecue beef, lobster salad, etc. Oh, and if you’re just hanging out on the beach, do order a burger. It’s 100% Angus, hand shaped. Can you feel it?

I met the General Manager, Berthia Parle, at the Managers’ Reception. I would like to give her kudos for providing a superb vacation. I relaxed on the beach, did water sports, went shopping, gambled at the casino, had a massage and sang Karoke at Happy Days (a local bar after Bay Gardens closes). I only wish I would have stayed longer. Nevertheless, I am planning to return for 10 nights next year.

All in all, Bay Gardens Beach Resort was an excellent choice. Every beach in St. Lucia is public. However, Bay Gardens Beach Resort’s beach has a private feel to it, with just the right amount of the local flavor. Security is tight and there are no major hassles. The locals respect that you may want to simply relax and enjoy the sun. No problem!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Debra A
Saint Rose, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week with my brother and his wife. The staff was so personable that I remember their names (Lester, Jackie, KenRoy, Dalano and our room attendant was great as well. Our room was neat and we enjoyed having the kitchen. The location was great with a mall within walking distance and shuttle service was available every hour. The poolside activities were a lot of fun and very entertaining. The spa staff were very good. This hotel location, staff, pool, made for a great trip to St Lucia!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Madkat1
Independence,MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Cudos to the staff at Bay Gardens.
My wife and I arrived on Sept.21 in the late afternoon.
As anyone who has traveled to this resort from the Airport on the south end of the island knows,it is a long,hot taxi ride (Our taxi driver would not turn on the a/c)
Apon arrival at Bay Garden's our check in was quick and professional.We were offered a nice and cold rum punch.
Lester greeted us and made us feel very much at home.(Thanks Lester)
Our bellhop Kimrum was exceptional!!! Very,Very nice young man!!!
I wish I could remember the name of front desk lady (Young,quiet spoken lady you were great)
Our suite was clean and well appointed.
The view from our deck was exceptional.
They state in Fodors and other travel guides that you will need an converter for your laptop,tablet,and cell phone.But our room had 110v wall sockets , as well as the 220v sockets.
We had no need for the converter.
The grounds at Bay gardens are exceptional (very clean)no trash!!
Our suite was completely clean everyday.(New bathand beach towels everyday)They would even do our dishes if we didn't have time!!The beach towels were always laid out in the from of swans on our bed (Nice touch)
The only concerns that my wife and I had were with the Hi-tide restaurant,and the vendors on the beach.
The Hi-tide was very expensive!!
We had the bbq buffet our second night there.and to honest it was a averge at best.
The next morning we decided to try their breakfast buffet.(HUGE MISTAKE) Besides an assortment of local fruit ,and breads.You had to go into the Kitchen and place your main order.
it took 30-40 mins per person to get your food soon you eat. Not true buffet.
And the food was not very good
You are better off using the shuttle (as we did) to buy your grocery's in town.
The beach is wonderful as long as the local vendors are held at bay!!
Be forwarned The local beach vendors are very aggressive!!
A thank you to the resort securtiy team for keeping the vendors in check!!
Our only other problem was with the tv reception.On Thursday evening the picture quality was bad (Problem with their sat. or cable provider) This issue was never resolved.
Oh I forgot!!!
I went to the front desk on Thursday evening to arrange our taxi back to the airport on Saturday morning.
Well at 11:30 am Saturday morning our taxi did not arrive,I went to the front desk to discover that while they had wrote my name and time down they had forgotten to call and reserve our taxi!!
Our taxi was 45 minutes late in picking us up!!
In closing I will say that this resort is worth a return visit.
No resort is perfect but this is pretty close.
Thanks again to Lester,Kimrun,and the rest of the staff at Bay Gardens Beach Resort you did a good job!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank curlymike
We’re happy that you had a good stay with us. A great alternative to the taxi ride is a helicopter transfer – it is much quicker and you get the best views of the island. Your experience at Hi-Tide is not the norm, our guests normally enjoy a very good response time and we apologize that your experience did not meet our standard. Additionally, the issue with your departure taxi is very unfortunate and again we apologize for this error. We’ll definitely work with our team to ensure that moving forward these issues are not repeated.
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

My compliments for everybody who is working for Bay Gardens ! I have been all over the world and you can't have better staff. We had a late check out and the General manager arranged us a free room..thanks again.. special thanks to security..(the man of Guyana and judo..always ready for tips and nice stories). The sun is always shinning even when it is raining due to Jackie.. one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Greetings from Holland

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Astenhutte
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. The team works hard to ensure all of our guests are very well taken care of. Come visit us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gros Islet
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!