The Bay Garden Beach Resort is located near the Northern end of St Lucia right on the beach. The location is great - beautiful beach, close to restaurants, shopping and banks. Some people call this the touristy area but I would characterize it as having lots of choices. We explored much of the island and the fishing villages are small and do not have many options or services (few restaurants, little shopping, no banks....)..
The resort is clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My daughter loved the "lobby ladies" as she calls them! I would have given 5 starts except for a couple of issues. One was the extremely loud music that kept us up past 1am on our first night (avoid the 400 building - it is right near a very obnoxious nightclub). Second, one of the beds was so worn in was sunken in the middle - they did replace the mattress after I complained but it took 2 days. This may just be 'island time" and I could have paid more attention when we arrived - I am sure we could have switched rooms. There is 1 washing machine in the 600 building - $5 per load.
The beach and pool were lovely - clean and not crowded. The resort offers paddle boats, sea kayak for free and some motor sports for a fee. There is always staff available on the beach to get drinks and even help you set up your chairs. Lots of shady spots on the beach to manage your exposure time.
Don't miss happy hour from 5:30-6:30 when all drinks are buy 1 get 1 fee!
The restaurant was very good although a bit pricey. It is open air right on the beach - excellent breakfast buffet - most days we skipped lunch after eating here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet