“Best Ever Holiday”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Best Ever Holiday”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just spent 2 weeks at Bay Gardens and cant fault the place. Fantastic rooms, well appointed, very clean and great views, wonderful service with staff that couldn't do enough for guests. Good restaurant with special evenings and entertainment. Loved the pool. There are plenty of other good restaurants, with various types of cuisine, within walking distance. Its directly on the beach and the sea is lovely and clear for swimming. Going back soon I hope

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
baygardensresorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing a clean and comfortable environment for all of our guests and we hope to welcome you back soon as well !

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
Fairfield, IA, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We briefly visited the best resorts on the island (Ladera, Sugar Beach, Sandals) and none surpass Bay Gardens Beach Resort in friendliness and professionalism (give it a 5 out of 5). We liked Bay Gardens Beach Resort because it has a more personal, family feeling. From check in to leaving the resort, the whole staff made you feel special and welcome. My whole family of four loved this place. The rooms were first class and maid service excellent (5 out of 5). The food in the resort restaurant was good (3 out of 5) one time and poor another time (1 out of 5), but the management gave us a free meal to make up for it.

The Bay Garden Beach Resort is located in Rodney Bay at the northern end of Reduit beach. The beach is beautiful and the location is close to the best restaurants and shopping. The road through Rodney Bay has the BEST places to eat on the island (Razmataz, Spice of India, Blue Monkey, Blue Olive, fresh coconut vendors on the street) and a good super market. A few miles north in the Marina and Gros Islet are more good restaurants and shopping. Every Friday night in Gross Islet is the best bazaar of hand made items - very colorful and big selection.

If you are looking for value, check out the Bay Gardens Hotel or Bay Gardens Inn. They aren't as expensive (because they are not on the beach) but are also nice, well managed and in the same neighborhood. St. Lucia has a policy that anyone can use the beaches even in front of the high-end resorts so you can stay a little off the beach yet still have easy access to it.

Room Tip: We stayed in both the garden view and ocean view rooms and found them both to be first class and sat...
Canton, CT
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Bay Garden Beach Resort is located near the Northern end of St Lucia right on the beach. The location is great - beautiful beach, close to restaurants, shopping and banks. Some people call this the touristy area but I would characterize it as having lots of choices. We explored much of the island and the fishing villages are small and do not have many options or services (few restaurants, little shopping, no banks....)..

The resort is clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My daughter loved the "lobby ladies" as she calls them! I would have given 5 starts except for a couple of issues. One was the extremely loud music that kept us up past 1am on our first night (avoid the 400 building - it is right near a very obnoxious nightclub). Second, one of the beds was so worn in was sunken in the middle - they did replace the mattress after I complained but it took 2 days. This may just be 'island time" and I could have paid more attention when we arrived - I am sure we could have switched rooms. There is 1 washing machine in the 600 building - $5 per load.

The beach and pool were lovely - clean and not crowded. The resort offers paddle boats, sea kayak for free and some motor sports for a fee. There is always staff available on the beach to get drinks and even help you set up your chairs. Lots of shady spots on the beach to manage your exposure time.

Don't miss happy hour from 5:30-6:30 when all drinks are buy 1 get 1 fee!

The restaurant was very good although a bit pricey. It is open air right on the beach - excellent breakfast buffet - most days we skipped lunch after eating here.

Room Tip: Avoid 400 building - obnoxious nightclub close by with load music every Friday and Wednesday. No el...
1 Thank lthomas175
We are glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us. Our staff will be happy to hear that they provided a very comfortable stay. Unfortunately we have no real control over the loud music from the night club and we once again apologize for the bedding and I am glad we did solve that issue. As always we will look into both issues and seek to improve them. We hope to welcome you again to our resort very soon.
London
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the hotel. I think I will echo what many of the rect reviewers are saying. From check in to leaving the resort I have never seen such professionalism and also friendliness from a whole staff of a hotel. I loved this place. It is ideally located and has a good beach, pool and in easy walking distance of the local town. The room was well equipped and had all that I needed. Housekeeping certainly do a good job.

There are too many staff to mention individually as they are all special and made you feel welcome. The one that always make me smile when I saw her was Nal.

I know that I will be back and hopefully take more friends along.

Thanks for such a wonderful time.

Room Tip: I must admit I think they would all be good. If you are an early sleeper I think block 400's wou...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
baygardensresorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your holiday with us. We really pride ourselves in the type of professionalism and friendliness that we give each and every guest and I am glad that you were no exception. I will be sure to pass on all your compliments to our staff as well as Nal. Nal and the staff are already excited that you will be back!
NYC
Reviewed 26 April 2014

After a few months researching on tripadvisor, we finally opted for BGBR and could not have been happier.

We booked a 2 bedroom beachfront suite so our toddler could have his own room, and it was plenty of space, with a full kitchen and nice balconies. The kitchen is fully stocked with glasses, plates, utensils and cookware, as well as a small coffee pot and electric kettle. Note, if you bring your own coffee for the room (which we did), be sure to bring 4-cup filters (which we did not). They're not sold in supermarkets down here. But the supplied coffee was fine.

The balcony is just perfect for sitting out at night, listening to the wind and the waves and far-off music from the nightclub in Gros Islet, watching the sailboats and catamarans bob up and down, and seeing the occasional rich guy's yacht slip in for the night. Oh, and the sunsets will make you stop in your tracks.

The beach is great, if a bit narrow (less to walk to get to the water!), light-colored sand but not a lot of shells. The water is clear and you can see lots of fishies close to shore, especially in the morning. It was perfect for swimming, as well as non-motorized water sports.

BGBR offers lots of activities and even some snorkeling on site. They are also very knowledgable about all the tour companies.

Food and drink selection were great, I saw Glenlivet and some other high-end brands, and the TV is sufficient, including U.S, U.K. and channels from other countries, including a 24/7 Rugby channel I had no idea existed.

There is a small shop in the lobby with snacks, beverages (including rum), gifts and beach items. It is really expensive, tho, but you're paying for the convenience. Taxi to larger shops was $10US each way, I was there and back in under an hour.

Not sure if BGBR does this every week, but we were there during the week leading up to Easter and Easter Weekend, and the activities and entertainment were top notch. I will never forget the Saturday Night Beach Barbecue, which featured one of the best cover bands I've ever heard. These guys blew away a lot of U.S. bands I've heard, and had the crown dancing for hours.

We liked the fact that you could take a left down the beach and find local food stands, the craft market, as well as other dining options.

But beware when the cruise ships come in, Reduit Beach gets PACKED. BGBR keeps out the cruise ship riff-raff, and we had no problem keeping our same chairs all day. On that note, this resort is one of those where people like to put down their towels at 8am and not really return until noon, but there were plenty of chairs and shady spots, and we never had a problem.

We enjoyed the fact that Reduit Beach is open to the public. One day, our boy was eyeing a dump truck some local kids had brought to the beach, and after he got up enough nerve to ask if he could play with it, the result was an hours-long construction project on the beach with my boy, a few guests, and a bunch of local kids. It was awesome.

And being open means lots of vendors with various wares, food, drink, jewelry, carvings. All were friendly, tho the hat guy can be tenacious, but not a problem at all.

And most importantly, every single person on staff here was wonderful. Jackie at the front desk, who personally checked us in and out and treated our boy as if he was one of her own, Taja, who not only took care of our rooms but also babysat for us several times, the chef who fulfilled our requests for chicken nuggets at 9am (one of the only foods our boy will eat), all the staff at Pebbles (where the service is not at all on "Caribbean time") and the security guards, we thank you all for making this such a great trip.

We will absolutely be back.

all the best,
S, C and R

Room Tip: If you like an ocean view, has to be the 3rd floor beach front suites, you can throw a tennis ball f...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We are thrilled that you had a wonderful trip while staying here. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to Jackie, Taja, The Chef and the rest of the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again!
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Bay gardens beach resort was the best hotel I've been to in the Caribbean lovely staff , good food . Right on the beach do as much or as little as you want , all rooms have great views we had 4 rooms all brilliant , my room 809 10 out of 10 when I go back to st Lucia this is where I'll be going could not fault it .

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Martinf60
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I absolutely love Bay Gardens Beach Resort in St. Lucia, this my favorite place to vacation. Lester, Kennith, Melinda, Semon, Nal, Olive, Marvin, Terry, and all the other staff are amazing. My one bedroom suite was wonderful and I never had a problem. The food was really good as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

baygardensresorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
We are all glad that you had a wonderful stay with us! I will be sure to pass on all your compliments to the staff. We hope to welcome you once again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gros Islet
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
St. James's Club Morgan Bay
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!