“Amazing Stay for our Wedding Group at BGBR” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
NY
“Amazing Stay for our Wedding Group at BGBR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had an amazing time at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort!! A group of 43 of us stayed there for our destination wedding. Everyone raved about how wonderful the hotel was! The rooms are gorgeous, the beach is lovely, and the pool is so much fun. The bar and restaurants also serve wonderful food and drinks. I would say the thing I was most impressed with, though, was the service. Everyone at the BGBR went out of their way to make sure we had an awesome time. We definitely will be back

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
baygardensresorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking out the time in your busy schedule to leave us a review on our property and for joining us to celebrate this amazing occasion.

Your comments are of course very much appreciated and valued by our entire team. We pride ourselves in being the best at guest comfort and happiness from the way our staff greets each and every person to the way we prepare your rooms. Service to our guests will always remain our top priority and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
Barbados
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our stay in the hotel was overall disappointing. The shower had no hot water and even after it was "fixed" by the maintenance it remain the same for the entire stay. We also got a room next to one being renovated. Fortunately, we were there during a weekend which means, not too much was going on there but all the stuff they did not need was outside on the corridor for the entire weekend (carpets, brooms, ....) and we had to go around it. On top of that the water drainage next to our balcony smelled terribly making it impossible to use the balcony. It does not sound too bad until you realized that there is no single place in the hotel where you can get some shade, except for few umbrellas at the pool.
On a positive side - the chef was absolutely excellent, he loves his job and is always ready to make what you want.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

baygardensresorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on our property, your comments are greatly appreciated and valued.

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with us. This is of course not the standard of Bay Gardens Beach Resort. As one of the most important priorities at our resort is guest comfort and happiness and we will launch a formal investigation into the matters at hand.

We hope that you can consider another visit in the near future and get the experience that majority of our reviewers have been through.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited the bay gardens resort and the welcome was "welcome Home"

That is just how it felt a home from home feeling. But, of course, we knew we were a long way from home.

I have absolutely no complaints about our stay at BGRS. The only regret I have is that we didn't stay longer.

Keep up the good work Bay Gardens

PS. Rum punch is goooooood!

Ms B and Sonia.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I decided to visit St. Lucia for my birthday this year. And, of course, I didn't think of anyplace but Bay Gardens Resort & Spa. It was simply a "birthday to remember." The staff knew that it was a special occasion. So, upon arrival in my stately 2 bedroom unit overlooking the Caribbean Sea, I was greeted with a bottle of champagne and some of the freshest fruits the Island offers. The special treat made the occasion even more special. I simply love the appointments in the room, especially the coffee and tea varieties that I enjoyed each morning. The housekeeping staff was superb! Every day a different towel decoration adorned the beds. And, on my birthday, when I returned to the room, the staff had placed a "Happy Birthday" banner on my bed. What a nice touch! Service is nothing short of impeccable! Bay Gardens is such a welcoming and friendly place, once again, I didn't want to leave. The location is the best in St. Lucia since it is walking distance from the best restaurants, night life, shopping and casino. But, Bay Gardens meals were extremely tasteful and well presented. The non-motorized water sports are complimentary. That was a nice touch, too. My visit was just too short. Kudos to Berthia (GM), Cheryl (Asst. GM), Sanovnik (Ex. Dir.) and the entire staff that made my birthday special. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
baygardensresorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for choosing us as your destination for your birthday and for taking time to review our property. We are glad that you had a birthday to remember.

We make sure all special occasions deserve the celebration it requires and I am glad you enjoyed our gift to you. Our staff also are very proud of the service they provide and do their best to deliver guest comfort and happiness.

We would like to personally invite you to visit us again as we are eager to welcome you back.
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort, and we had the time of our lives. Every person we met in St. Lucia was so hospitable and warm, and treated us great. Upon arrival at BGBR we were welcomed with complementary rum punch cocktails and fruit baskets. Before we left we were interested in upgrading to a beach front room, but I'm so glad we didn't! We had a pool view room and it was beautiful! Not only did we have a great view of the pool, but we had an amazing view of the beach so we were happy that we didn't upgrade. We ate most of our meals at the Hi-Tide restaurant that is on the property of the BGBR. The food there was AMAZING. I highly recommend the calamari and the fish and chips.
We also used the spa services one day for a couples massage, which was GREAT. Lastly, we went through the resort and set up a catamaran ride to the southern waterfalls and volcano. We also went snorkeling and had lunch at a cocoa plantation. Overall, I highly recommend staying at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort. The only reason I did not give this resort 5 stars was due to the room itself. We had a leak in the roof of our bathroom that dripped throughout our whole stay, and the room wasn't as clean as I would have liked it to have been. But all in all we had a great stay.

Room Tip: I would skip out on a beach front room, and save the money by just requesting a pool view room. You...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and choosing us for your honeymoon destination.

We are glad that you had the time of your life with us. We pride ourselves as Saint Lucian's in being hospitable and warm and I am glad you got to experience that.

Our number one priority is guest comfort and happiness and because of that we personally apologize for the leak and the level of housekeeping of your room. This is of course not the standard and we will be looking into this matter closely.

We look forward to also welcoming you back in the not to distant future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I booked this trip last minute as we were indecisive as to where to go and we are so happy we did. It was an amazing experience.

Our room was upgraded to a poolside view and was very clean & modern. We also received champagne & a fruit platter because it was our honeymoon. Being that both our families are from the islands we were pleasantly surprised that the only insects we saw were mosquitoes.

The hotel was quite quiet and is not high occupancy. We thoroughly enjoyed this as we were on our honeymoon & really wanted to relax.

Although we ate other places, the food we did eat at Hi-Tide was amazing.

My husband thoroughly enjoyed talking to Elran at the bar. He is somehow able to do his job perfectly while still building rapport with the guests-especially with football/soccer fans.

The only bit of an eyebrow raise we had was with a member of security on the beach who came up to us to ask if we were guests at the resort-although she had watched as we exited the property on to the beach. If we weren't having such a good time I would have raised that with management as it felt a little discriminatory.

Overall, terrific. We have recommended here to all who have asked us about the trip. Despite the hour plus commute from the airport, it is an excellent location really close to restaurants and a shopping centre. They also have free wifi which not a lot of places offer. We were there during the world cup and were able to enjoy the games at the bar and still vacation. Be aware that the Lucian cat population is thriving-you may come across a few throughout Rodney Bay.

It is minutes away by boat to Pigeon Island. I would also recommend booking through them for a day trip to Soufrière which includes seeing des Pitons, sulphur springs etc.

• Stayed June 2014
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Av S
baygardensresorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and choosing us for your honeymoon experience.

We pride ourselves in being the best in in guest comfort and happiness and in keeping with that we try our best to upgrade our honeymooners.

I will be sure to pass on all your compliments to those staff members that made your stay even more comfortable. As far as our security on the beach, our beach chairs are for our guests only and I apologize for the question asked but its one way we can keep them available for all our guests without locals using them as its a public beach.

We hope that we can welcome you back soon to our resort.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend spent 7 nights at this hotel in June and we had a wonderful time. The service from the staff is great, they make you feel really welcomed and our Virgin rep (Peggy) was friendly. One of the staff members in particular at the Aqua Vista Bar was lovely and I would recommend anyone to ask her for any advice on activities.

Great fun in the hotel swimming pool and jacuzzi, it's clean and spacious.

Hotel rooms are clean, fresh and serviced daily. The staff put beach towels on the bed and design them to look like a swan which I found very sweet and creative.

It was lovely to be so close to the beach, having breakfast in the mornings over looking the beach/ sea was spetactular - not something you see everyday!!

The buffet in the mornings are splendid, however, disappointingly dinner in the evenings were not the best. We ended up eating out nearly every night but I wouldn't turn that into a disappointment because at least you get to try different restaurants. Spinnikers and Buzz were lovely.

A/C in the room was delightful, don't know how we would have coped not having a/c in the room haha

PURE PARADISE! :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side of hotel are quieter and get pool or beach view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RiceJigs
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your comments are very much valued and appreciated.

We are thrilled that you had a 7 wonderful nights at our resort. Our top priority is guest comfort and happiness and I am glad that you got to experience just that from our staff and the facilities.

We cant' wait to welcome you back to your new found paradise.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gros Islet
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet
St. James's Club Morgan Bay
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!