My husband and I have just spent one week at the Landings. When we arrived they tried to assign us a different room for one night, since they got our arrival date wrong! In the end we managed to get the accommodation we had originally booked for from day one.
We stayed in one of the two-bedroom beachfront villas. The accommodation is beautiful and the view from the balcony amazing. Food quality is overall good and staff at the restaurant relatively friendly. Coffe machine was down for two days, so no espresso and/or cappuccino available. They run out of green tea after three days and I was asked to drink Earl Grey instead!!!
Beach service is practically non-existent. The deckchairs are not properly cleaned overnight and every morning you can find dried sand on them...
The beach towels can be obtained by presenting a token to the usually un-staffed beach hut in front of the main restaurant by the beach. This service does not really fit in into a 5 star property.
The all-inclusive option is very good value, although no-one has been able to clearly explain how it works during our stay and what drinks were included and what were not, so we ended up asking for clarification most of the time. Another annoying thing is that you are expected to sign each bill, even on an all inclusive package. At check out the front desk will then make the necessary adjustments to reflect the package you are on.
Lucia at the Concierge desk was very helpful and took care of arranging a couple of excursions for us. Staff at the SPA are very friendly and welcoming.
Unfortunately the same cannot be said for staff at the front desk. We are due to fly out tonight with British Airways, but due to air controller system glitch our flight is delayed by more than three hours. The rep we booked the transfer with apparently called the hotel to advise about a delayed pick up time and left a message with someone at the reception, who did not pass on the message, so my husband and I were left waiting and arguing with the local travel agent's about the culprit for this mis-arrangement. No compensation offered from hotel side for the mess up as NO manager was prepared to take responsibility. I would recommend the property for its location and rooms, but not for the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet