I stayed at the Landings with my husband, and two young children (3 and 1 year old). We stayed in a 2BR harborview unit. The hotel provided us with a crib and highchair. The room was very large, clean, modern and very well equipped. Very comfortable beds, a big deck with a Jacuzzi pool, and a washer and dryer. Three flat screens, and an Ethernet cable. We were about a 1 minute walk to the beach, which was shallow, clean and calm. Perfect for little ones. There were plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas. Buffet breakfast (included) was fantastic, with lots of options and quality. Service at the hotel was friendly. We rented a van from Drive O Matic and drove to Rodney Bay (5 min) for essentials, and some other areas for lunch/dinner.
We ate at the Beach Club for dinner twice and it was OK especially for the money. The drinks were good. My 3 year old and I took Charlie's tours to see the southern part of the island (Piton, Marigot Bay, Soufriere), which was fun. We bought fruit from the fruit man daily. It's always $20 USD regardless how much you are buying so buy lots of fruit. We had a lovely time at the Landings and would recommend the hotel to everyone. It is not the kind of hotel that has people waiting on you left and right and asking you if you need something every 5 minutes. When we asked for something, we received it in a prompt manner.
My only complaint is that there is no Wi-Fi in the rooms so I had to bring a laptop to stay connected and there was never enough beach towels. The beach towels also need to be replaced, there were holes in some of them. When they would restock on the beach towels, someone would bring it to the guests that were already at the beach.
I did not do the All inclusive option nor would I recommend it because there is not much variety and the food is just OK.
We found better food at the restaurant at Pigeon island, Marjories on the beach at Cas En Bas, Laurel's (near Windjammers), Flavors of the Grill in Gros Islet and spice of india.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet