We stayed at the Landings over the Christmas / New Year's Eve. The experience was OK, service was very good, rooms are very nice. The food / beverage service was very sufferable as we like to be pampered, i.e. to have appetizers at the beach, to have drinks delivered in a timely manner to our beach chairs. We felt let down that the only restaurant in the hotel to serve lunch became a buffet for all of our stay - we are not the buffet crowd and if the resort is targeting the luxury market they should keep in mind that customers of luxury are demanding and want the best.
Very important things to know about this property;
1. The hotel is a good 1.5 hours drive from the airport, in a bumpy, windy, and up-and-down road.
2. The beach is fair. Nothing special or "caribean" about it. The water is not transparent and definetely not turquoise (think brownish green). The sand is dark.
3. Most of the people at the property were the unit owners and clearly they were not trying to make acquaintances or to have a casual chat. Everyone tended very much to their own business.
4. For being 4 hours flight from Miami plus the horrible 1.5 hour drive from the airport we did not think St Lucia and the Landings were worth it. It is a poor poor Island with almost no local food (other than bananas) and basically no local seafood. No shops of any interest to us and the supermarket is really shabby. The restaurants around Rodney Bay are good, but again even in the best ones the meat and seafood has been frozen. the Pitons were magnificent but just a photo op.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Landings Resort & Spa St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings Resort & Spa St. Lucia Gros Islet