“Beautiful view”

Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mango Tree Restaurant, like the resort itself is tropically elegant. The al fresco dining pavilion looks out over a small river stone pool and takes in the magnificent Petit Piton and views of the Caribbean Sea. Stonefield Estate Resort features 3 exciting menus,rotated each day.Our chef and his culinary team use all fresh local market ingredients to make the freshest, most delicious St Lucian flare. All herbs and vegetables grown on property are organic and the former plantation still yields the seasonal citrus, mango and breadfruit which are incorporated into the daily menus. The Mango Tree Restaurant features a special vegan menu, as well as a children’s menu. And to stir it up true Caribbean style, The Mango Tree presents a rotating dinner theme menu featuring the popular Barbecue Thursdays, a charming Creole evening with a live local shak shak band and the best baby back ribs and jerk bake on the west coast. The Saturday Market Affair serves up the best of what has been freshly procured at the nearby Soufriere market with live entertainment from local musicians. Whether you dine under a full moon with Petit Piton cast in shadow, under the starriest of nights, or witness passing ships alight, The Mango Tree Restaurants brings diners the perfect marriage of location and gourmet Creole. The Mango Tree is open for breakfast from 7.30 am until 11:00 am and is open for lunch and dinner until 10:00 pm. Plantation House, the large signature villa on property features a full kitchen and the option for an in house chef for your stay.
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Restaurant on site ....breakfast included love the villas! You will need to rent a car or taxi if you want to try other restaurants around the area. Has AMAZING VIEWS of the piton! Hope you get Lisa as your server she is wonderful!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My fiance and I stayed at Stonefield last weekend. We ate at the Mango Tree quite a few times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfasts were good but the restaurant really shined at lunch and dinner.

If you go for lunch/afternoon drinks I cannot recommend the jerk chicken enough. They may put cocaine in the sauce because I became an addict. By the end of our stay I asked for a side of it with just about everything I ordered ;-).

Dinners knocked our socks off. All the apps. we had were good and the mains were far superior to Boucan just up the road. That's high praise I think given that Mango Tree ROTATES its menu each day. I liked their approach, though, of keeping some locally inspired dishes on there no matter what the day's theme was. Part of why the food was so good, I think, is that the chef is a master of plating complementary tasting foods on the plate and matching them with savory sauces. She's also excellent at judging how much salt/spice something needs without overdoing it.

If you're tired of all the Piton beer in St. Lucia and like the taste of honey, hit the bar up for a Ti Ponche. Unlike other bars in the area, Mango Tree actually gives you a full glass of the drink, which should do you for a while.

Wine list had the essentials and nice bottles of champagne. I wouldn't have minded a

Oh yeah, and then there's the ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS view to rave about. Few (if any) restaurants on the island even come close.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Everything about this place is superb , the way the food is presented ,how the waiters are well trained but don't look force. I cannot say anything wrong seriously and I know good food trust me ! I had pancakes, stonefield special in the morning and steak , seafood linguini in the evening . Yes, the prices are high but it's worth every penny

1  Thank Bica29
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We visited the Mango Tree 3 times for dinner during our stay on St. Lucia. Partly because it was so close to our villa, but also because the service and the food were great! The atmosphere is fantastic, on an outdoor deck overlooking the lush mountains and the sea. We traveled with our 8 year old son and the staff remembered him by name after the first night. They treated all of us like family. They were so sweet! The food was great too. My husband ordered a really good fish wrapped in plantain leaves. The seafood pasta was also really good and don't forget the rum punch, which was some of the best we had!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Our family recently stayed at Stonefield Estate resort and we enjoyed breakfast and dinner at The Mango Tree. The breakfast was good and was included in the price of the room, with regular options of pancakes, juice, eggs, potatoes and sausages along with a daily special panckage and omelette. There were additions you could purchase and one of our favorites was the oatmeal (sweetened with condensed milk). Dinner was good, but choices were limited. I very much enjoyed the steamed dorado in bannana leaf with creole sauce. My wife had the pork which unfortunately was overcooked. On Thursday's they have a plantation BBQ buffet dinner followed by a dancing, acrobatics and limbo show. The BBQ was very good with ribs, chicken, fish, pork, salads, sides and desserts. It was on the pricy side ($50 US pp), but you need to factor in the entertainment in that cost. Service was decent with a friendly staff (Alcee and Natasha stood out). Cost and uneven quality of the dishes keep this from 5 stars.