“Stunning view and good food”
Review of The Mango Tree

The Mango Tree
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mango Tree Restaurant, like the resort itself is tropically elegant. The al fresco dining pavilion looks out over a small river stone pool and takes in the magnificent Petit Piton and views of the Caribbean Sea. Stonefield Estate Resort features 3 exciting menus,rotated each day.Our chef and his culinary team use all fresh local market ingredients to make the freshest, most delicious St Lucian flare. All herbs and vegetables grown on property are organic and the former plantation still yields the seasonal citrus, mango and breadfruit which are incorporated into the daily menus. The Mango Tree Restaurant features a special vegan menu, as well as a children’s menu. And to stir it up true Caribbean style, The Mango Tree presents a rotating dinner theme menu featuring the popular Barbecue Thursdays, a charming Creole evening with a live local shak shak band and the best baby back ribs and jerk bake on the west coast. The Saturday Market Affair serves up the best of what has been freshly procured at the nearby Soufriere market with live entertainment from local musicians. Whether you dine under a full moon with Petit Piton cast in shadow, under the starriest of nights, or witness passing ships alight, The Mango Tree Restaurants brings diners the perfect marriage of location and gourmet Creole. The Mango Tree is open for breakfast from 7.30 am until 11:00 am and is open for lunch and dinner until 10:00 pm. Plantation House, the large signature villa on property features a full kitchen and the option for an in house chef for your stay.
Reviewed 9 November 2013

It's not too busy at lunch time. Service is quick and food good quality. I have had catch of the day and next time fish Roti - which I was nicely surprised with. Because restaurant is located quite high - ocean and Petit Piton view is absolutely stunning.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited Mango Tree a few times, as we were staying at the local Stonefield Resort. The dinner prices caught us by surprise ($20-55), but it was very good quality food and excellent service. The tomato soup was exceptional. Breakfast was included in our room plan, but it was very good as well. Lunch ($9-25) was a lot of food for your buck. The fish kabobs were amazing! Highly recommended. Oh, and you can't beat the view. Your seat overlooks the Caribbean in the shadows of the Petit Piton mountain.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had breakfast here 3 ish times and dinner catered once. The dinner was okay, I think the lag in delivery was an issue, but the breakfasts were amazing - everything is fresh and delish and the staff was kind and attentive.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Restaurant on site ....breakfast included love the villas! You will need to rent a car or taxi if you want to try other restaurants around the area. Has AMAZING VIEWS of the piton! Hope you get Lisa as your server she is wonderful!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My fiance and I stayed at Stonefield last weekend. We ate at the Mango Tree quite a few times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfasts were good but the restaurant really shined at lunch and dinner.

If you go for lunch/afternoon drinks I cannot recommend the jerk chicken enough. They may put cocaine in the sauce because I became an addict. By the end of our stay I asked for a side of it with just about everything I ordered ;-).

Dinners knocked our socks off. All the apps. we had were good and the mains were far superior to Boucan just up the road. That's high praise I think given that Mango Tree ROTATES its menu each day. I liked their approach, though, of keeping some locally inspired dishes on there no matter what the day's theme was. Part of why the food was so good, I think, is that the chef is a master of plating complementary tasting foods on the plate and matching them with savory sauces. She's also excellent at judging how much salt/spice something needs without overdoing it.

If you're tired of all the Piton beer in St. Lucia and like the taste of honey, hit the bar up for a Ti Ponche. Unlike other bars in the area, Mango Tree actually gives you a full glass of the drink, which should do you for a while.

Wine list had the essentials and nice bottles of champagne. I wouldn't have minded a

Oh yeah, and then there's the ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS view to rave about. Few (if any) restaurants on the island even come close.