St Lucia Island Excursion Day Tour

Book in advance
from
£83.59
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Petit Piton Trail
from £83.59
More Info
All reviews upper body strength goat tree roots fear of heights amazing hike tough climb four hours rock climbing rabbit hole steep sections decent shape st lucia ropes vertical climbers ascent summit
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2024 via mobile

The Petit Piton hike is awesome!! For me it’s must do whilst staying in St Lucia, if you’re adventurous person and love hiking.. I read the reviews of how challenging the Petit Piton hike is, and honestly thought the hike couldn’t be as challenging as everyone had made out… but I was very very wrong!!

Also before we set off to do the hike, we told our Airbnb host and some locals in Laborie that we were planning to hike Petit Piton, and they responded with ‘you are both crazy, it’s too difficult”.

I’m 5 ft 10, my partner is only 4ft 10, and I struggled a little with some of the rope pull ups, so I was worried my partner would struggle but she did well using her upper strength. Her size was actually an advantage when going through the small rabbit 🐇 hole (which is very claustrophobic, having to propel yourself forward, in-between 2 giant boulders and 1 boulder above! I went through, praying I would not get stuck!

Our guide was not very talkative and informative on the way up and kept walking ahead and did not help too much when my partner needed some help, but I was always giving my partner a helping hand, and luckily there was another guide who was behind us, who helped my partner a few times when she needed extra strength climbing over rocks or on ropes. Our guide was more helpful on the way down and in my opinion, the way down is much tougher than the way up because you’re tired and you can slip easily.

In total the hike took us 5 hours but that was with 30 mins rest at the top.

The hike is very enjoyable and when you get to the top it’s worth it 1000%.

Date of experience: March 2024
Reviewed 18 February 2024

Great hike with awesome views a the top. But it is indeed a difficult hike, many ropes and steep parts, it is almost more of a climb than a hike in some parts. It is still doable and worth it, but start early in the morning as it takes 4 to 6 hours total (up and down)! We went with Sean as a guide and he was great, you can find him in Soufrière at Hummingbird beach near the scuba diving shop. +17587188550 on whatsapp

Date of experience: February 2024
Reviewed 22 January 2024 via mobile

The petit piton hike is an awesome experience, This is by far the hardest hike i have done, Great views of the entire island from the top, We hiked with Marva and i must say she was marvelous, she was like a mountain goat, She was very knowledgeable, she made sure we were ok every step of the way and took photos and videos of us without us asking. Marva seems to be the only female guide on the petit piton, she is also very funny and will make you laugh your entire trip, If you are in St Lucia and is looking to hike the Petit Piton, Gros Piton or even the tallest peak you can reach her on +17584605288

Date of experience: January 2024
Reviewed 15 January 2024

We found our guide Denver from a comment on AllTrails, and he was awesome. We picked him up in Soufriere and got on the trail around 7:45am. Definitely recommend starting as early as possible to beat the heat. It was a great temperature and shady. As others note. This is a challenging route and very rewarding. We were lucky enough to have the trail almost wholly to ourselves. You absolutely need a guide. Denver has been doing this hike/climb for almost 20 years, so he knows exactly where to place each step, hold on to the rope, etc. I appreciated his calm directions, especially in some of the scarier vertical sections. It was an unforgettable experience that we’ll cherish for years to come.

We reached out to Denver via WhatsApp: +1 (758) 717-9906

Date of experience: January 2024
Reviewed 9 January 2024

I hiked the Petit Piton with Mervin the Mountain Goat! He was awesome!! He did a great job of guiding us through the hike and allowing us to pace. He was incredibly patient and knowledgeable which made me feel very safe at all times. He’s also an awesome guy and holds the record for the fastest time up the Gros Piton (up and down in 58m!). This hike is very hard but also very fun and even better with Mervin!

Date of experience: December 2023