We stayed at Anse Chasnet June 16-23, 2012. We truly enjoyed this stay. I must admit, I stayed Beachside with AC and used it plus a fan and it was very comfortable. I didn't have the desire to walk the stairs several times a day or have a beautiful view despite the heat and humidity like several others did. We just walked out our door and around a few other rooms and were right on the beach, right near the dive shops and the Beach Cafe and the Indian restaurant. If we felt like doing stairs we did, if not we called for a shuttle (minivan) that would come within a few minutes and the great thing is you get a different person almost every time, and not one person was judgmental or said anything about using the shuttle.
The room was great, clean, with a refrigerator that the resort supplied with free drinking water. The bed was very comfortable, and we found reading lamps in the closet, along with a safe. There was a HUGE private sitting area and hammock for each lower level beachside room. (I didn't see the upper levels, but I heard they were much smaller). The sitting areas were outside but under a roof, with 2 couches and 2 lounge chairs. The bathroom was large.
The food was amazing. Every lunch and dinner was from a menu not a buffet! There was not a bad meal even once. Homemade bread (different every night). There are 4 different restaurants to choose from each evening, 3 require reservations but we always were never had a problem making one.
Don't miss the walk or boat ride (free boat shuttle- ask at the dive shop) to go to the other beach with the Jungle Grill. This restaurant is included in the all inclusive and owned by the resort. It's only open for lunch and has the best burgers you've ever tasted. We enjoyed this beach too, very private feel, but sand is super hot! Take sandals!!
The staff here has had great customer service training. They are all very nice, and go out of their way to make your day great. Dive shop, restaurants, housekeeping, everyone was very nice and remembered us day to day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet