This is a fabulous resort and well worth a return trip in the future! I brought a group of ten down for diving and we were upgraded to the Beach rooms with air conditioning. Caroline made it a point to see that we were all doing well and comfortable. The Beach side rooms are, obviously close to the beach and dive shop so are convenient for that. They do not have a view at all so be willing to give up that for air conditioning. Friends that were staying in the rooms with a view said they would have gladly given up the view for the air.
We were able to enjoy a happy hour up at Jade Mountain resort with the group and timed it around sunset so we could have the best possible photo ops. What a beautiful place. If you have the opportunity to stay there, even for a night, I would recommend it.
The food at all four restaurants at Anse Chastanet was beyond belief. 5 star dining while on a dive trip was amazing. The one complaint I had was the confusion about the meal plan we were on. I was under the impression we were on the plan that included beverages but found out we were not. We were then told that was a mistake and that we were on the plan. Then we were told we were not. The confusion was more upsetting than anything else and going back and forth was sorting to get annoying as I had to keep updating 9 others in the group as to the latest decision. Beverages are rather pricey (5$ for a can of pop and 16$ for a glass of wine).
The staff are all fabulous and some stand out. Marilyn the waitress was great and entertaining. Octavia, providing our housekeeping was friendly and helpful, and Janell, also a waitress was splendid.
Scott, the manager of the dive shop and all activities was great! He was always available and did everything to make our diving easy and fun. The dive shop staff are all friendly and extremely helpful. Fabian, one of the captains even repaired my mask for me! Of course, the dive masters are what make the trip so great. Dave and Keither are the best. Thank you to you all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet