“Fabulous!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

One of the reviewers called this a Paradise and I have to agree.

My husband and I were with friends and I were there for diving and just to enjoy St. Lucia. We had no idea what to expect other than the reviews on Tripadvisor and other sites, so knew it was a resort of great reputation.

We had no idea how fabulous everything was, from our accommodations (on beach level) to the food, which was to die for! My friends and husband are divers and loved the diving and really liked the dive masters and boat captains. I loved the snorkeling, which is right along the resort's main beach.

There is a second beach, which is a little bit of a walk but so worth it! We had the best hamburgers I have ever, ever eaten at the grill. Banana ketchup is the best and they make their own johnnie cake buns!

The rooms are amazing and all have art works that are created by artists of re-known, as the owner of the resort has artists stay in residence and their works stays behind when they leave.

Of course, Jade is the crown jewel and sets above AC on a hillside. You can eat up there and stay within your meal plan. We did several times, enjoyed the view of the Pitons from the dining room and upper deck. The suites are incredible and all have infinity pools, so when you look down from the restaurant, you can see the pools and bridges to the suites. A very interesting setting and building site, for sure.

We loved the staff and everyone was so kind and helpful. I can't say enough about how much we were made to feel welcome.

The only wireless is in the reception area, so I made the hike several times a day to check on a sick dog at home, and I did get my exercise. I think I counted 143 steps from the beach, so be aware that it's a hike to and from the beach areas.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wendy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
New York City
Reviewed 17 March 2014

All in all it was a nice stay. Cheaper than some places and for good reason. While the area is amazing, great views, nice beach, immersive wild life, good service, they charge prices of 5-star resort - which they are most surely not. I went in knowing the rooms were a bit rustic (stayed in superior hillside), and they were (also looked like a 5yr-old designed them). I think my biggest issue with the place is that they could make very minor investments in the rooms, the quality of the food, likely years overdue, which would go great lengths to justify the sky-high prices they charge while you're there. We spent little time in the rooms, but frankly, they are making enough money at this place, that they could afford an update to make this a more well-rounded experience...

To put this in perspective, we spent the second half of our trip at sugar beach, spending only ~150 more a night for their most basic room, and were charged less for drinks/food/activities while there. Meanwhile, you felt in every aspect that you were getting what you paid for: a 5-star experience. Not so at Anse in many respects.

I guess the main point here is, don't avoid it if your looking for a budget room (i think the beach side rooms are pretty cheap and offer an inexpensive way to access a nice property), but if you are going to spend between 600-1000/night, not sure this place warrants those prices. (Jade Mnt on the otherhand looked worth it). Anyway, if you do go, try the hiking and biking at the other beach, it was a nice experience and really good staff - worth checking out.

Room Tip: If you stay on the hillside, try to get a piton view. we got a room with piton/sea view and it was p...
6 Thank nyc8210
Alabama
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I visited Anse Chastanet in February. We had visited St. Lucia 15 years ago and went by water taxi to snorkel in the bay. I have wanted to return since that time and stay at the resort. The staff is exceptional and I would like to recognize Romillia (best omelets ever), Ashley, Angel, Lucianna, Claude (great bartender), Troy, sweet Kimberly and Elicher. Thank you for an incredible vacation and making our trip special.

St Sampsons, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We visited Anse Chastenet in February to celebrate my 40th birthday. I wanted it to be really special and it surely was. We booked Superior Hillside but on the arrival were upgraded to Hillside Deluxe. The view in the room was amazing, great big walk in shower and actually a second bedroom upstairs.
We tried all three restaurants and the food was delicious. Vegetarian restaurant was especially good. Thank God for loads of steps - good exercise after all the food consumed!
The service on the beach was excellent, everything was organized very well and the staff was very attentive and friendly.
I did enjoy yoga classes in the beach gazebo very much. Such a lovely place to practice yoga!
Big thank you to the management and the staff of the place for making our stay truly remarkable!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Olga M
London
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were welcomed with the comment "you look as though you need some pampering". They were not wrong! We were told if we had any problems to tell them immediately and they would deal with them. We had a couple and they were dealt with without any fuss. One thing was something they booked for us and they went far beyond what was needed to be done which was hugely appreciated. There are lots of steps if you have a room at the top but there is always the shuttle which at night was wonderful and the drivers so friendly. In fact as a number of the comments in reviews say the staff are all so amazing and friendly. We travel a great deal and have never come across such lovely people and there was absolutely no one that we did not like or think that they were doing their job properly. I was spoilt!

1 Thank fussylady
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Anse Chastanet was the perfect place to spend a few days in the sun. Staff is so attentive and pleasant. What stood out right away was that this is not a resort where everything feels artificial. The owners name is all over the place and you can tell that a lot of effort went into making it. Jade Mountain appears to be very luxurious where Anse Chastanet seems more rustic. The plaid fabric, the handmade wooden furniture, the landscaping, the artwork and murals - everything appears more authentic than a chain property.

If you are looking for an active trip, this is the place to go. The reef on the beach is beautiful, there is an excellent dive operation on the property and its centrally located for most of the island activity. There are jungle biking trails off of Anse Mamin (adjoining beach) and these can be used by guests for hiking before 9am and after 3:30. The sun comes down so beautifully through the canopy and the trails end with a gorgeous scenic view. The trails are in good condition if you walk or run.

If you're looking for a relaxing trip to sit along a beach, this is the place to go. Our room was down by the beach. It was spacious and close to everything.

The beach here is spectacular! The straw huts are so nice to relax under and the staff make it very pleasant around 11 or 2 when they pass out cool lemongrass towels and offer to spritz you with eucalyptus water.

The meal plan is a must. The MAP was perfect with breakfast and dinner included. Breakfast is a beautiful buffet and dinner was excellent every night. I've had several Caribbean dining experiences that leave me feeling a little ripped off but if you can get a meal plan included with your room rate you might feel like you hit the jackpot. I was able to get a decent rate including MAP on Tingo.com.

Overall, I had a great time and hope to return some day.

Room Tip: Rooms by the beach have AC
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank happysquirrell
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I just returned from 8 nights here. We actually overlapped a few days with the previous reviewers Tony and Patty. We also got a deluxe beach room with A/C which we loved! You were literally 25 seconds to your beach Cabana. We like to stay on the beach all day so if you had to go back to your room it was perfect. The staff here was fantastic! Security was fantastic! I think there could be some improvement on the food. Breakfast was fine. Lunch and dinners could use just a few more basics. I heard they use to have a nice buffet at lunch with a lot more salad choices. Junior and Oliver...double dose of happiness every day X2! Abo was great,Octavia a blessed peace of sunshine, Felicia and Kerwin were the epitome of the perfect servers! We didn't have a chance to interact with management except for the Tuesday night managers reception and on our day of checkout. Arrival and departure was done thru the resort, and everything ran smoothly. St. Lucia is a beautiful island with beautiful people. We went with the All inclusive which was great because we like to have fun and no worries! Also, had a couples massage for 90 minutes, our first after 26 years of marriage! Try and do this at the beginning of your stay! Loved not having to have screaming kids around!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Jade Mountain Resort
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Anse Cochon

Been to Anse Chastanet? Share your experiences!