We decided to make a second visit to Anse Chastanet after a very good experience two years before. This time we felt the stay was even better than the first time and now my spouse wants to go back soon. From arrival at the St. Lucia Airport and departure this was a nearly perfect visit. We again returned to dive and take advantage of a 12-dive package over a week stay. The dive shop staff was top rate and totally professional they do it right. We had a four-meal package and that included a high-tea at the beach cafe each day. The evening meals were top-tier and well prepared. Only one slip up and that was on our first night when the meal pacing was a disaster. As said this was second visit and again we did not venture off the location. There is lots of outdoor activates to take part in but we opted to spend free-time relaxing and reading between dives. The beach is fabulous and you must be there at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. each day to meet Junior as he brings cool refreshing face clothes to sooth you with lemon grass scent. Beware those who are not as fit as you should be. From the beach to the reception are there are 103 steps to climb, but if you cannot make it they do have a ride to bring you up the hill. The rooms do not have air conditioning but ceiling fans. Turn down service each evening prepares your room with mosquito netting draping your bed. Rooms do have a safe at no charge for your valuables. Breakfast area is nice and airy but beware of the birds who will join you for creamed cheese, bread and your juice if you do not watch out. Hiking is part of many activities and they are well done by resident hiker--Meno. No television in the rooms which is such a joy. If you need to just totally unwind this is the place for you. Highest recommendation. There is great snorkeling on site for those who do not dive. Try both ends of the beach to see all the fish life. Do purchase a meal plan if offered and if you want to drink you may want to do that plan, too. Oh, do bring earplugs if you do not like the sound of nature for it can be pretty loud outside at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet