Anse Chastanet has to be one of the most amazing places I have ever been. The resort is beautiful. The staff were extremely friendly and incredibly accomodating. I brought a wedding group of 20 people to this small resort, hoping for a romantic and fun gettaway. I got just that. Every wish was granted on our 8 day, 7 night vacation.
Yes, this is an open air resort. But it was never an issue for us. We did get hot when dancing to the local entertainment that was provided every night in the Piton Bar. But nothing a frozen pina colada wouldn't help. Yes, there are several steps at the resort (from the beach to the main level over 100). But again not an issue for us. We loved the workout that it provided every day.
If you are looking for a quiet romantic getaway, I would highly recommend looking into Anse Chastanet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet