My Wife and I stayed at the Hummingbird during Thanksgiving week. The Resort is quaint and rustic and is more like a B&B. Our room was a great value at $110/night. This is a no frills resort so do not expect the amenties of the tourist mega resorts up north.
We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Most of the staff was knowledgeable and courteous and helped us with directions, reccomendations and tour arrangements. The restaurant serves excellent local cuisine and yes the service is a bit slow. These folks operate on island time, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the awesome view.
The beach is not the greatest, but there are other nearby beaches that are fabulous. The town is close enough to walk to and as a result the locals can be a bit bothersome until you learn to politely tell them you are not interested. We did not feel threatened at any time and there was 24 hour security. The rooms are spartan as one would expect for such reasonable pricing. The only real negative was the mosquitos. Bring bug spray and learn how to use the mosquito netting properly as most of the rooms are open air.
We plan to return here one day and we both heartily recommend this resort to those that want a true Island experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hummingbird Beach Resort is a small, intimate resort, located in the scenic town of Soufriere on the south western part of St. Lucia, home to the famous pitons – a world heritage site. Hummingbird Beach Resort has eight (8) beautifully decorated rooms, most of which offer magnificent views of the ocean and the pitons. We also have a Country Cottage which accommodates a family of four (4) comfortably, it is fully furnished and offers breathtaking views of the pitons. We are world renowned for our French Creole Cuisine, award winning cocktails and beautiful batik studio. We are located on the beach and also have a fresh water swimming pool. We do arrange a wide range of tours and excursions. Spa treatments can be made available on request. Let us host your dream wedding or wedding reception dinner. Our tropical island setting and renowned hospitality combine to make your Caribbean wedding and honeymoon an unforgettable experience. Make the charming Hummingbird Beach Resort your choice of accommodation in Soufriere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hummingbird Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hummingbird Beach Hotel
- Hummingbird Beach Soufrière
- Hummingbird Beach Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere