We got from Jalousie Plantation for our honeymoon in August, and we couldn’t have picked a better resort. It was absolutely amazing from the staff, food, beach, service and accommodations to the breathtaking views.
We had an amazing view of the Pitons in room #505 which provided amazing sunsets on our back porch.
We spent most days at the beach under a Tiki Hut; we never had trouble finding one. It’s a very intimate resort which is perfect for a honeymoon. There are not too many people and we never had trouble finding a place on the beach. Most days we skipped lunch at the Bayside restaurant (This is where lunch is served on the resort) and ordered off the beach menu. The beach food was amazing and our favorite items we ordered were calamari, basil salad and pizzas.
The snorkeling is great and the beach is so nice that other resorts bus their guests in to use it. They do have to stay on a small section of the beach so guests of Jalousie get the Tiki Huts and plenty of beach space (another great benefit).
The food is great; nothing like eating at a five star restaurant every night in The Great Room. Definitely book the meal plan otherwise you will pay $35-40 for an entrée, $15-20 for an appetizer in The Great Room and $12 for most drinks. Also, we thought we might get charged an 18% service and tax fee at the end because it’s on all the menus as a separate charge but that is also included with the meal plan.
Everyone is so friendly and love to make small chat like what you did that day, if you’ve ever visited the island and what you think about it. No matter who you saw on the resort; everyone went out of their way to make sure you were enjoying your visit.
The tours at the resort are rather pricey. Instead, use Real St. Lucia Tours. They are half the price and the owner and his drivers are amazing and will help customize your itinerary.
Make sure to bring cash; everyone wants cash once you leave the resort. American Dollars are accepted everywhere and I don’t recall seeing an ATM.
Definitely vacation at Jalousie. It’s a great place that won’t leave you disappointed.
Thanks to all the other TripAdvisor travelers that helped us pick such an awesome resort and helped us save money along the way with our excursions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Hotels.com, West Indies, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere