My wife and I had high hopes about the Jalousie Plantation having read the many very complimentary reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed in any respect.
Our villa was in the 900 complex and we were looked after by three excellent butlers, Jason, Montgomery and Sean. The villa was simply beautiful with a comfortable bed, a bath and a wet room that was almost large enough to accommodate a football team! Outside we had a terrace area with our own plunge pool, private outdoor shower and a view over the sea to die for with the sea framed by the two imposing Pitons.
The beach was exactly as the pictures indicated with white sand and beautifully clear water, which was ideal for swimming and the snorkelling area to the north was well worth exploring. The beach beds were fairly soft but somewhat difficult to get out of and even more difficult to move. However, the red flag soon summoned help and a welcome drink as well.
As has been said by many beforehand, the staff were simply magnificent - well trained and genuinely friendly and helpful. The food was of a high standard for a resort hotel although they could offer a greater variety of fresh fruit for breakfast perhaps.
The new pool area was virtually completed by the time we left, so the only work in process will be the construction of new residences to the south of the resort and a new breakfast room under the Great Room, which will not detract from the wonderfully peaceful ambiance on the beach.
We took the AI option which I would recommend as drinks and food are a little pricey.
The setting is stunning - and if you want a peaceful holiday with good food and facilities, this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, West Indies, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere