We are guests of the Ladera Resort sitting above the Sugar Beach. We were told that we had some guest privileges at the sugar beach. When we got to the beach we were treated like 2nd class citizens. The sugar beach staff were rude and not helpful.
We later tried to dine at the Great Room at sugar beach. The staff at Ladera tried very hard to get us a reservation and had a lot of trouble. They finally got a reservation and when we arrived, the staff told us our reservation was at the more casual restaurant. We persisted and had to wait. Once we were seated, they rushed our meal.
We thought that since these hotels are so close to each other that there would be some mutual respect to each other's guests. We found that Sugar Beach was not a place that we would ever stay at and highly recommend the Ladera Resort.
The view is amazing and the staff are fantastic, compared to the rude and very unhelpful staff at Sugar Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Destinology so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere