We just returned from our 7 night honeymoon at Sugar Beach and were absolutely blown away by the island of St. Lucia, the people, and especially this BEAUTIFUL resort!!! There were a few minor bumps but altogether it was the most perfect honeymoon spot we ever could have imagined.
BEST of this resort:
The Jalousie/Sugar beach is the BEST beach on the entire island and the view from the resort is INCREDIBLE...second only to the view from the top of Jade Mountain. The white sand beach here coupled with the blue/green caribbean water is heavenly; all other beaches have the dark volcanic sand, which is cool, but just not as beautiful.
The location is simply amazing; not only are you in between the 2 magnificent pitons, you are also super close to other awesome hotels/resorts (Jade Mountain, Ladera, Hotel Chocolat, etc). We even rented a catamaran one day and sailed to Anse Cochon and Marigot Bay (a MUST see).
The hotel grounds are impeccable; the view from breakfast is insane, pool is the most beautiful pool I've ever seen, the Great Room is a beautiful restaurant, and the Cane Bar is also very cool. Not to mention the private villas, we were amazing by the beauty of our villa and the privacy of our plunge pool- which was heated- so awesome!
Food was delicious. Bayside has an awesome menu and beautiful view and the dinner menu changes daily at the Great Room so you don't get sick of the food. Room service was pretty good also, and breakfast was fabulous (included with our stay, so that was nice).
The spa- amaaaazinggggg. It is literally in the rainforest and they offer all kinds of different massages, facials, etc.
Most of the beach activities were free! Free snorkel gear and the snorkeling right off the beach is awesome; kayaks, paddleboarding, windsurfing etc. It was nice to just walk up and borrow the stuff without having to worry about money, time, etc.
WORST of this resort:
Not much!!! However, the service was a bit spotty at times. One night they told us we had dinner reservations and Jade Mountain and when we got there- we had no reservation!! Maybe once or twice on the beach they didn't bring us the smoothies or waters we had ordered, but there were staff everywhere so we just asked a new person and it was brought right away.
The bugs were moderate, they were more annoying on the first day than any other. We realized that if we left all the lights off at night while we went to dinner and turned on the ceiling fans and closed the windows then there were barely any bugs.
The drive from the airport is not bad but I could see how some people would consider it a "con." It's about 45 minutes, very small roads, but I am prone to carsickness and I was totally fine; the view is so pretty that we hardly noticed the 45 minute travel time.
If you don't order off the breakfast menu there is an open breakfast bar with fruit, bagels, etc. but there are many fruit flies. I didn't touch it all week, kind of a bummer because it looked delicious.
THINGS YOU HAVE TO DO IN ST LUCIA-
Visit Jade Mountain, for dinner or lunch. You won't regret it, it was the most beautiful thing we had ever seen!
Go on a boat trip around the island; you can see Marigot Bay which is phenomenal, Anse Cochon has the best snorkeling, and the view of the Pitons from the ocean is unmatched.
Dasheene at Ladera is a great restaurant, and Hotel Chocolat is cool for some dessert or a drink, we didn't love the food there but it's a nice experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, West Indies, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere