“Fantastic resort in a gorgeous paradise”

Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
Gulf Coast
“Fantastic resort in a gorgeous paradise”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed one week at Sugar Beach in July, and now we mark time by how long it's been since we were there! It was our first extended vacation without our young kids!! I'm not sure you could find a more beautiful setting--every view is amazing. The cottages and common buildings are built to the quality of luxury homes and do not obstruct the natural beauty of the rain forest, mountains, and Caribbean. The staff was outstanding. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Our cottage was in the 300's, and had the perfect view of everything--I sat by my private pool overlooking the Caribbean and the Petit Piton in the midst of a tropical rain forest on a mountain. The cottage was duplex style but we never saw or heard our neighbors. Our patio/pool was semi-private--in view of other cottages, but we never saw people in them.

The resort is not very walkable due to the steep hills and lack of paths--you do have to get used to the idea that you have to call for a golf cart for every jaunt to the beach or a restaurant. But in no time at all you realize they are so quick and efficient it's not a problem. We often called and by the time we locked up and walked out, a driver was already there.

If you are trying to decide between a luxury resort like Sugar Beach and a cheaper option, I would absolutely recommend splurging. Having a cottage instead of a hotel-type room makes a world of difference. The resort is THE prime location of the island. Everything, furnishings inside and out, are top quality. Down at the beach, you can sit on a comfortable, upholstered lounge, where attendants will spread out fresh towels and bring you bottled water and cold cloths. People come from other resorts to snorkel at the reef, but as a guest, without reservations or an additional charge, you can walk up at your leisure to request snorkeling equipment. Having that flexibility is SO nice when you are on a relaxing vacation and don't want to have to punch the clock for every little activity. Kayaks, paddleboards, and hobie cats are also readily available to guests. We snorkeled every day--how nice to be able to walk right into the water and see the amazing tropical fish and reef! In the swimming area, the bottom is rocky and there's no surf, and the water is blue and clear.

Our reservations included breakfast and dinner in the cost of our trip, and because the menu is very pricey we felt that was a good idea. The breakfast selection was enormous and excellent. The view from the breakfast dining area is breathtaking. We preferred dinner at the Great Room to the Bayside (you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert with the inclusive meal plan). Every meal was outstanding and the portions were very large. I would've liked to see a bit more variety on the menu as I ended up ordering the same thing on multiple occasions. The drinks are very expensive and not included in the meal plan option. Early in our stay we took a taxi to a grocery store and stocked up on wine, rum, and snacks at reasonable prices. Because the breakfast and dinner were so enormous, we didn't really want lunch anyway! The only difficulty we had was that it was hard to know when and how much to tip. For the inclusive plan, you receive a bill of $0 to which you can add a tip. But the room bill will add a service charge in the end. We had no idea whether we were over- or under-tipping in the restaurants. Staff will of course be vague on the subject of tipping, so asking doesn't really help.

My favorite outing was hiking the Gros Piton. It's definitely a challenge. There are many conflicting reviews about the difficulty--I actually read one that said it's great for all ages; that has to be written by someone that doesn't have kids. Or parents. Our guide, Damascus, kept a very brisk pace. You will be scrambling over rocks and boulders which are in piles at 45 degree angles--or steeper. There are intermittent flat dirt paths, but mostly it's very rocky terrain, often slippery due to the rain, and my old-school flat soled tennis shoes didn't cut it. If you like CrossFit style exercise, you will love it. If you don't exercise regularly, you will be lucky to make it halfway. The views are, of course, amazing, you can munch on fresh mangoes along the way, and I enjoyed the history lessons from the knowledgeable guides, who will tell you the role the mountain has played in the history of St. Lucia.

As far as outings, I also loved zip-lining, the Botanical gardens, and the waterfalls. We didn't make it to the "big"city, Castries--maybe next time! The only outing I wouldn't recommend would be the "Bean to bar" cocoa plantation activity. The place was (of course) gorgeous, and I enjoyed making my own chocolate, but in the end, it was crazy overpriced. Basically we spent $120 for 4 candy bars. Maybe if there had been more to tour and see it would have been worth it.

The spa at Sugar Beach was amazing, and perfect for a massage after climbing the mountain!! The rain forest path around the spa is just beautiful and a nice walk even if you don't have a massage scheduled.

I'm sure I'm leaving out many of the wonderful aspects of Sugar Beach, but we were just blown away. This is a pricier option than a Sandals type resort. But it is absolutely worth it. I have been recommending Sugar Beach and St. Lucia to all my friends. I had the same conversation with a few different staff members: "So, do you realize you live in paradise?" "Oh yes, we know! We don't take it for granted!"

Room Tip: The beach front cottages are more expensive so supposedly an upgrade. However, we preferred being up...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank CoastCarrie
ABoersma, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for your detailed feedback about your recent vacation at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the luxury villa that you made home during your time at the resort.

We certainly agree with you that we have a spectacular location with plenty to do in the surrounding areas. Congratulations on making the summit of the Gros Piton. That’s a challenging hike and a real achievement when you reach the top.

In addition to all of the glowing comments, we also appreciate your comments about our food and beverage service. As mentioned in previous review responses, our Executive Chef Jacques Chretien is currently creating new menus that will improve both the variety and quality of the food we offer. If we had known your feelings at the time of your stay, I am sure our culinary team would have been more than happy to create dishes for you that were not on the menu.

From the sounds of things you took advantage of our Rejuvenation 13 package which includes a Modified American Meal Plan (half board) for two adults. As you point out, this included breakfast and dinner, but not drinks. Guests who wish to have lunch and drinks included can upgrade to our All-Inclusive Meal Plan which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon tea, wine by the glass and house brand cocktails and spirits.

In answer to your comments about tipping, we are required by law to implement a 10% service charge for hotel services including food and beverage. This charge goes into a general pool and then is divided among all line staff at the hotel. A tip, on the other hand, is a discretionary payment given directly to the employee for their exemplary service. We usually advise guests who are charging tips to their villa to put the name of the employee on the docket so we know exactly where the tip should go, or to leave a cash tip for their server. I trust this helps you for your return visit and other future Sugar Beach guests.

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your comments and your business. We hope to welcome you back soon.

André Boersma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nyc
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I had the great pleasure of staying at Sugar Beach during the last month of August for my 30th birthday. The resort was very beautiful, and the service was outstanding.

My husband and I stayed in one of the 900 villas. It was incredible. I would highly recommend the villa - the pool is the perfect size, and the accommodations are spectacular. Giant shower, big room, wonderful patio area. Our butler, primarily Dwight, was incredible. He did everything to make our stay even more memorable.

The resort is located quite far from the airport, but its worth it if you want privacy and perfect snorkeling right outside your resort. As others have said the resort is on a very steep hill and there are shuttles that take you around. Its really very convenient and isn't an issue. It is walkable but I don't think its something you'd want to do multiple times per day. There are also numerous fitness classes which was nice. Each room also had an ipad you can reserve excursions, order food, and make spa appointments from which was very cool.

The biggest drawback of this resort is the food. Unfortunately, it just is pretty sub-par compared to the beautiful grounds and excellent service. The breakfast was great but the lunch and dinner was very disappointing. We tried the restaurants, bar food, as well as in-room dining. Beware, some of the menu descriptions are misleading. My husband ordered a "Spicy Tuna Sandwich" which sounded like sliced tuna on a baguette. It turned out to be a bland, mayonnaisey tuna salad with egg on top. One of many disappointing ( and pricey) meals.

Overall, this is a beautiful resort with great service but fair to poor food.

Recommendations:
- Bring LOTS of bug spray. Two bottles worth if you like to sit on your patio at night for sure
- Drinks are pricey, consider bringing some duty free liquor with you
- Book your transportation to the resort in advance
- Upgrade to a villa if you can, the oversized plunge pool is totally worth it
- You may hear crickets/bugs at night, bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank BrooklynGirlie22
ABoersma, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Good Day,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for posting your comments about your recent birthday stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.

It appears that on balance you thoroughly enjoyed the location, accommodations and services we provided at the resort. However, I am disappointed to learn that our food and beverage offerings failed to meet your expectations. I am truly sorry.

You may wish to be aware that our new Executive Chef Jacques Chretien is in the process of completely revamping our menus with the aim of improving both the quality and variety of dishes on offer. I am confident that had you made us aware of your concerns, he would have been more than happy to have prepared dishes more to your liking. Apologies for this lapse in an otherwise enjoyable stay.

We hope that you will consider a return visit to Sugar Beach so you can experience firsthand the improvements being made in this important facet of our operation.

St. Louis
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My wife and I are currently wrapping up our honeymoon at Sugar Beach and the stay here has been top notch. First, the rooms are gorgeous, spacious, modern, and very clean. We're staying in the 800 section of villas and couldn't have asked for a better place to call home for this week. We met several guests that started out at other locations like Jade Mountain and Ladera but cancelled and came to Sugar Beach because those hotels are open air and very hot, humid, and uncomfortable. Sugar Beach rooms all have AC, plunge pools, and unreal bathrooms. It makes a huge difference if you aren't used to the intense heat and humidity. Trust me on this one. The rooms are also very white with dark wood floors and smell like lavender. The outside areas are full of tropicals plants like palms and ginger. It's very pleasant and relaxing.

The staff is very genuine and attentive. The 24-hour butler service, the on-demand shuttle drivers, waiters, and beach staff are all incredibly helpful and truly work hard to get you whatever you need. I've tried to help them out on a few occasions and they always tell us no, this is your vacation so please let us take care of everything. You soon learn to just relax and enjoy. Nathaniel at the reception area was especially helpful on the first day and gave us a tour which put on right on track for a great week.

The food and drinks are pricey and everything has an automatic 10% service charge, so just know that ahead of time and be prepared to rack up a large bill. But this is a luxury resort, so you get what you pay for. I'd say a weeks worth of food and drinks easily tops $2000 USD for two people. If you want to eat at the Bayside restaurant for dinner expect a bill of $100 for two, $200+ if you eat at the Great Room. But the food is very very good, and my wife and I can't complain about anything we ordered. If you really want cheaper food options you can take a water taxi into Soufriere but be prepared to pay upwards of $20 per person round trip, so then you might as well just stay at Bayside and have a better meal. On Friday there is an excellent local fish fry and street party up the coast at Anse La Raye, just ask one of the water taxi guys for details.

The beach in the cove is small and a bit rocky, but the view of the Pitons is unmatched and the Anse Pitons reef is great for snorkeling. I saw cuttlefish, parrot fish, trumpet fish, eagle rays, a lots of other small fish on dives there. Equipment is free for guests with a one-time reef management fee of $2.00. Almost every guest I spoke with went snorkeling and really enjoyed it. There are also lots of other water activities. A huge bonus is that there are only two beach vendors, one older man selling coconuts for water and the water taxi drivers. No one will ever hassle you for anything like trinkets or other souvenir items. So just grab a beach lounger and relax. When you get too hot the ocean or pool are 10 yards away in either direction. Or just stay put, raise a red flag, and order another round of Piton beer.

So save up and enjoy, this hotel is absolutely worth the costs. My wife and I will be back and will recommend this hotel to our family and friends looking for a tropical destination. St Lucia is stunning and this hotel only makes it better. My wife still can't believe how great this trip has been.

MMJ, September 2013.

Room Tip: The roads to the rooms are very steep so while you can walk down to the beach, you really can't...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank drezden_stl
Good Day,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for taking time out from your honeymoon to provide your feedback about Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.

It is always gratifying when we read comments such as yours, tempered as they are with constructive feedback to assist other travelers.

Your comments about the cost of food and beverage on property are well-received. Many of our other guests opt for one of our meal plans so they know up-front what their charges will be and so they can budget accordingly. The current cost of our All-Inclusive plan is US$185 per person per day excluding tax and service. A number of guests find this good value especially if they enjoy cocktails and wine throughout the day and at dinner.

Once again, we truly appreciate your feedback and your business. We hope you continue to enjoy your honeymoon stay with us and hope we can welcome you back to celebrate your first anniversary next year.

Pompano Beach
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stayed in 902 August 9-14 and and were greeted with a special surprise from our butler, McGomery ("Monty"). We quickly learned that Monty was available for any of our needs ranging from making a dinner reservation to packing us a backpack for our Gros Piton hike, which-by the way-is no joke, but is worth the sense of accomplishment you feel if you complete it.

Our room was an upgrade from the Sugar Mill room that we had booked and we were very pleased with it. Every room has a plunge pool but the 900s cottages seem to get a little more privacy and have beautiful views of the Petit Piton (and the ocean if you stand in the right spot.) Upon arrival, we dipped right into our plunge pool and enjoyed a bottle of champagne and banana chips and took warm showers outside before our dinner reservation that had already been made by Monty upon our arrival, without our request. It was a Friday night and the Bayside Grill had a barbecue for $90 US pp. It was incredible with several options including a ceviche bar, many grilled meat, fish and vegetarian choices, and other prepared items including some island favorites like curry goat. Had we been a little more prepared for the huge meal, we would've been more strategic in our food choices earlier in the day, but it was the highlight meal of our trip. But back to the room. No detail is overlooked, the shower is huge and the claw foot tub with a table of bath salts and wash nearby provided a healing soak after the piton hike. The all-white decor provided a very clean and crisp look and was a nice contrast in case a tarantula was spotted. We didn't find any in the room, thankfully, but we did spot one outside on our patio. You're in the jungle, though, so you shouldn't be too surprised. At least not as surprised as I was when I screamed all the way down the pathway to our butler who took care of it.

The transporters who pick you up in vans or gas-powered sooooped up golf carts are pretty timely and not very inconvenient. They are the best option for getting around the very hilly area to the restaurants or the beach and pool.

Below are some other trip highlights:

Several hidden relaxation areas including hanging beds on the beach and in the lobby outside of the Great Room. The pool and beach loungers are most comfy cozy, and they're prepared for you with luxurious white beach towels by gracious servers who also occasionally offer cold lavender-scented washcloths to refresh and even fruit skewers. It could be very romantic if you make it, but it is also a family-friendly resort...at least that seemed to be the case with the several families we saw. That was a surprise.

The spa was as all previous reviewers have indicated. Top-notch. The candlelit walk through the rainforest to the spa reception area is a treat alone. But, when you are escorted to your private enclosed tiki for treatment, that is when you truly feel indulgent. The nearby rainforest boardwalk provided a nice 5 minute refuge through the actual rainforest nestled in the center of the property. The steam room looked amazing, but was not working when we went to enjoy it. No problem. Things break. My massage therapist commended me on my lack of mosquito bites. I can see how they would be a problem, but the mosquito nets around the bed and occasional use of 'off,' which we packed was sufficient to leave me pretty unscathed, save about 5 that happened to get me on my last day. The mosquitoes did not seem to be a problem at the beach.

The food was very good. I can see how it may get old after longer stays, but it was very adequate for our 5 night stay. A variety of fresh juices were available with breakfast-my favorite was passion. Also, several egg and omelet options, charcuterie, cheeses, pastries (fave=almond chocolate croissant) fruits and yogurt were on the menu. The French toast and Belgium waffle were pretty dry and the pancakes looked very dry so we didn't try them. The syrup, however, was delicious.

Lunch options at the pool and beach were great. The burger meat was very good (the bun was firm and a little dry) and the fish roti we split was excellent. We also enjoyed quite a few of the hotel's signature coconut punches. Phenomenal. Other pool and beachside drinks were very, very good and were made with noticeably fresh ingredients and weren't like the sugary sweet ones you get in the US.

Dinner at Bayside was very good. My husband had the flank steak twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. I had the snapper one night and the coconut mussels and tuna tataki appetizers on another, which were all very good. Well-seasoned and well-prepared...not amazing, but yummy nonetheless. Dinner at the Great Room was very formal with excellent service. The food was noticeably even better than the Bayside restaurant, with prices to accompany that improvement--about $10 US additional per entree. We dined off-property at Dasheene at the Ladera resort on one night. It cost $40 US round trip, but was a nice change of pace from Sugar Beach. That was one of our best meals. There was a beautiful older woman with long silver dreadlocks singing island music and strumming her guitar, which added to the relaxing, indulgent ambiance. The bonus was the unbelievably amazing view of the Pitons and the ocean between them. The owner of the restaurant came by to greet us and informed us of the meteor shower that was happening that night. No meteor sighting for us, but we did see a few fireflies. Ladera is not on the ocean and guests are quarantined to one, very small section of the beach...without the comfy cozy beach chairs. I felt bad for them.

Water activities were sufficient for our time there. The snorkeling right off shore was some of the best we've ever seen. Very, very clear with lots of fish and even a spotted eel sighting. We heard that some have also seen turtles, but we were not as fortunate. While the water looked very calm, our inexperienced paddle boarding and paddle boating skills were not sufficient to leisurely coast across it. The current is very strong and carries you quickly when the wind picks up. It did and we jumped off our paddle boards and tried to swim them in, but the nice boys running the water sports shop came by in their boat to relieve us of our paddle boards so we could swim in with our dignity....or at least some of it.

On our last night, we booked a sunset cruise through the hotel concierge. Mystic man tours operated it. It was advertised as having sparkling wine, rum punch and piton beer with hors dourves. The food was very light--you will need dinner--but they were generous with the beer. The cruise provided a beautiful perspective of that side of the island and we were very glad we took it. We met several nice couples, many of whom were honeymooning.

All in all, it was a spectacular vacation and we can't wait to go back. Also, I'd recommend Laura Allen (laura@centurytvl.com) as a travel agent. She helped us plan it all and got us some extra perks.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank BeachicKris
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to write this extensive review of your holiday at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort. I am confident that other travelers will find it particularly useful when planning their own visit.

We are delighted that you enjoyed everything the resort had to offer and that you made the most of the location by visiting nearby attractions and restaurants. Certainly, the climb up Gros Piton is a serious challenge but great that you made it to the top!

I am also pleased that Montgomery helped to make your stay extra special. I will be sure to commend him for his exceptional service.

Once again, thank you for this review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lagos
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I chose this as I love hotels that reflect the local feel and character. This plantation style hotel was wonderful in this regard. The villa was beautiful, tasteful and just what I wanted. High ceilings, wonderfully comfortable four poster bed, private pool outside - I was delighted with it. I loved the main plantation house with its polished wooden floors and beautiful veranda among the tropical gardens. The setting was spectacular. The pitons and the beach are divine. Breakfasts were by the sea and the staff were lovely, gracious and extremely friendly. If your breakfast is included in your rate they will present you with a zero bill, with the sole purpose of leaving a tip which is more reflective of US values than British ones. I did think that the prices for a local rum punches etc were very inflated and the weakest part for me was the food in the restaurant. The setting was wonderful on the plantation house veranda but the food was only ok with very few local dishes which is so often the way unfortunately in the Caribbean. As a designer I would add that whoever chose the daft crockery thankfully didn't design the rest of the hotel (lots of jugs with too long spouts which inevitably chipped amongst other things). The gardens were also wonderful. If they had had more local, more soulful food and were not as greedy with the pricing (they have a captive audience so they needn't worry about people spending) this would have been five stars for me.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LadyPiglet
ABoersma, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
We are happy that you enjoyed your accommodations and our stunning location—both are indeed very special.

Thank you also for your comments about our food and beverage offerings. I am sorry that this was the only aspect of your holiday where we fell short. You may wish to be aware that our Executive chef, Jacques Chretien, is in the process of reviewing all of our menus to improve upon the quality and the variety of dishes on offer. He plans to include more locally inspired option and will be looking closely at price point to ensure we are offering value for money to our guests.

Once again, we appreciate your review. We hope to see you again soon.

cspring
Reviewed 11 September 2013

First of all, booked through Whatahotel.com for a great rate and customer service. The hotel is unbeleivable, the location incredible, staff super pleasant which extended to everyone outside of the island we met. We were upgraded to a sugar mill superior room which was very adequate for our 5yr old son. Private pool. well stocked and refreshed mini bar. Read comments on the shuttle service. Our experience was pleasant, wait times did not exceed 5 minutes and I've never stayed anywhere where my walk to and from the room was less than that. Drivers were uber nice. Restaurants were very good but pricey. Would suggest to mgmt that if they revised their price points modestly and had more creole items at dinner it would be well received. Bottle of wine was min $70,apps $15 each. Food quality was 4-5 star/ NYC fine dining. btw, go try La Petit Peak. Food was consistently tasty and service great. Went to Martha's table, food was ok, but overpriced in my view. PetActivities were great. Thanks to Cher in kids club. Private Butlers: Peter, Monty, and Dwight were on point all the time, arranged everything seamlessly. Spa was amazing. Pool and beach butler service was great for drinks and meals. Water sports-great. Dive team- great. Rented a car, which i would highly recommend. Drove up to Marigold Bay (eat at Rainforest), Rodney Beach, Castries (walked the market), Volcano (which is walkable / hikable) from the hotel. Diamond bay waterfalls a bit of a joke since you can't actually bathe in the falls and have to pay to use the mineral pool. At the end of the day having driven around all the west of St Lucia, its clear Viceroy Sugar Beach and the Soufrière area the best spots in the island.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cspring
ABoersma, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Good Day,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent family holiday at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.

We are delighted that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations in most areas and that you appreciated the room upgrade we were able to provide. It is also great that the team members you mentioned positively contributed to your stay. I will be sure to commend them for a job well done.

Thank you also for your comments about the food and beverage offerings on property, in particular those relating to the wine selection and cost. We are always looking for high quality wines at a lower price point. Among the issues we face are the high costs of shipping the wine to the island and the high importation duties charged by the St Lucia authorities once they are landed. Sadly, these both add to the overall cost per bottle.

We are in the process of revising our menus to improve the variety of dishes on offer. We plan to have more local, Creole options available for guests who wish to try a real taste of the island.

Thank you once again for your feedback. Your comments and business are important to us. We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Prospect, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife & I just returned from our honeymoon in St. Lucia and wish we could have stayed longer. Viceroy is absolutely as advertised if not better. The resort is certainly not inexpensive, but the location & service are priceless.

Upon checking in, you immediately realize the phenomenal service the resort has to offer. You are greeted with warm smiles and a staff that aims to make your stay a memorable one. After a long day of travel, it was nice to be handed a refreshing drink as you check in and are escorted to your room. The private rooms are incredibly impressive. We had a villa in the 700's and were absolutely blown away. The scenery truly is better than a postcard. The rooms were spacious & elegant. There was a large indoor shower as well as an outdoor shower. Closets were huge and the bed was very comfortable. The deck & outdoor area were unbelievable. The view in and around the plunge pool never got old.

We really enjoyed the beach area. The imported white sand between the pitons made for relaxing days. I would also highly recommend snorkeling on property. We snorkeled twice while on the island and much preferred the swim just steps from our beach chairs. There are also a variety of other non-motorized water sports complimentary with your stay. The pool area just up from the beach was beautiful. Very nice to simply hold up a red flag if you wanted a drink for the bar and there was someone available prompty to take care of us.

We mostly dined on property during our stay. The Great Room is an excellent venue for a nice dinner. The Bayside restaurant is more casual and offers nice outdoor views of the water. Overall, most of the food was top notch. We enjoyed the lamb chops & red snapper. We only had one meal that I would classify as disappointing - one day for lunch we ordered a burger while at the restaurant in the sand and it was drastically undercooked. For $18, I thought it would be a bit better. Luckily, the restaurant took care of our meal and offered us something else free of charge. Other than that, everything else was excellent.

In short, the scenery & location set this property apart from the others. When you arrive at Viceroy, you realize that it is worth every penny. We would go back in a heartbeat!

For anyone looking help in booking their travel, I would highly recommend Jennifer Byrne and her team at The Tropical Travelers. We were referred to her as a friend and were very pleasantly surprised. I had not used a travel agent before planning our honeymoon, but will certainly use Jennifer in the future. She went out of her way to answer all of our many questions leading up to the trip and design the perfect stay for us. She is incredibly knowledgeable of all of the islands and resorts (including personnel at the resorts). She was also very responsive to emails or phone calls. We unfortunately had travel complications on the way down to St. Lucia and she started working on Labor Day to help rearrange portions of our itinerary. Thank you Jennifer for all of your help!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Good Day,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for posting your glowing comments about your honeymoon stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.

We certainly agree with you that our location is a special one and truly romantic for couples wishing to relax, especially after the hectic pace of wedding preparations.

I am thrilled that your butlers and our other team members provided special touches that made your stay memorable for all the right reasons.

I am sorry that you had an issue with lunch at the beach, but pleased that the issue was handled promptly and professionally by the team in the kitchen.

Once again, thank you for your review. We hope to see you back again soon.

Regards

André Boersma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Jade Mountain Resort
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort? Share your experiences!