To start the place I cannot fault it. The staff always greeted us with a smile and were very welcoming. We were greeted with drinks and shown to our villa. It was very clean and modern. The bed was very comfy and the view was lovely! The private pool was not heated and we were shaded so it wasn't ever used! But still lovely. We very rarely spent much time in the villa with the beach being so nice and quiet so it wasn't much of an issue. The beach is very clean and the sea is so warm. The snorkels are free and highly recommended, the bay is stunning to snorkel (bring an underwater camera)... And the waiter service was exceptional. The only con was a) it cost us a little over £7k but it was worth all inclusive if you are not leaving the resort b) the food menu is the same every day (3 things change every 2/3 days) which is ok for a few days but after that you find yourself eating the same stuff.
We really enjoyed it as our main honeymoon holiday and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere