My wife and I stayed at Sugar Beach for our honeymoon, 9/2/13-9/9/13. Sugar Beach can be described in one word, amazing. When we travel, we like to pay a little more and know we are going to get our moneys worth, and at Sugar Beach we got all of that and then some.
From the start, at the airport we got to see all of the other honeymooning couples get herded in packed vans and shuttles, however, we were greeted by our professional driver and an SUV. From there we knew it was going to be special. He gave us a tour of the Island as we made our way along to the resort. Upon our arrival, our butler for the week, Peter, who was awesome, greeted us with cold towels and even colder drinks. From then on, the week only got better
We did take a gamble and visited during the peak of Hurricane season, however, what is worth mentioning is that it is so far south in the chain of Islands, it generally doesn't have bad storms. It was the rainy season, and we got accustomed to heavy rains for 20 minutes every afternoon, but its a honeymoon location and hiding in the room mid-afternoon is never a problem. We purchased the "Sugar Beach Experience" which was worth it. We got a private tour of the Soufriere, the botanical gardens, the national park, and the lunch. Although there was a smaller group from the hotel about a half step behind us the whole time, it was just the guide along with my wife and I. Definitely worth it. We liked our driver, Anotis, so much we hired him on Friday to take us all over the entire Island,
The only thing we weren't satisfied with was the food. Breakfast was incredible, the continental was the best buy and had us full all day. However, the rest of the meals, we were not impressed. Although it was good, it wasn't our style of food. It catered to more of an upper echelon clientele, who are used to tiny portions at a high cost. When I eat a meal, I like to be full and I never felt full. When we left the resort and ventured out with our guide, we had some of the best meals we've ever had. We highly suggest getting dinner at Hotel Chocolat
All in all, this place was amazing and we can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere