We just got back from our honeymoon at Sugar Beach May 3-11, 2014. We could not have picked a better resort to go to. We were picked up via a private car and taken straight to our villa. We didn't even have to go check in at the reception office, our butler took care of everything before we arrived! We stayed in Villa 801 with three butlers (Gus, McKale, and Jose). They were great and helped setup everything we wanted to do during the week. When we first arrived in the villa they had plantain chips, fruit from the island and special made drinks for us. We thought this was really nice! Our room was spectacular, bright,clean and simple and the bathrooms are amazing! The views no matter where you stay are just breathtaking. Please keep in mind though, these villas are in a rain forest/jungle, so there will be frogs, insects and many leaves falling. One can not stop mother nature from happening. Our butler went over everything with us in regards to the two cell phones you get to use all over the property as well as the custom ipad you have in the room. He also made reservations for us down at the beach bay side restaurant. Which is like something out of a magazine! With the water right there and the fire torches going, it is certainly beautiful! The rest of the week was amazing as well!
Some suggestions for your trip:
1. The rain forest spa is a must! We are a spa couple and this is certainly a spa that is well worth the money and experience. We felt like we had the whole spa to ourselves!
2. Go do the mud sulfur baths. It sounds weird, but it is def. an experience and wonderful for your skin! Just ask the locals, a lot of them go many times during the week.
3. We did the Piton hike! We are both young (25 & 26) and in really good shape and this still kicked our butts. My wife runs half marathons and marathons and she said this was probably just as hard if not harder. However we highly suggest doing it! Make sure to take it as slow as you want. If it takes you all day then so be it, because in the end you can tell everyone you climbed that! The views are stunning and you feel so great about your self when you reach the top!
4. Try the green buggies tour! This is where you drive around green go carts all around the island. It was amazing and we had the best guide named Thomas. He went above and beyond what he was suppose to show us. This was, to be honest, was our favorite tour on the entire honeymoon, we learned so much about the locals, the fruit on the island, and the island it self.
5. Go to the beach and just relax under the beautiful huts and enjoy the great service. Don't forget about snorkeling right there on the beach, we saw some amazing beautiful fish and coral reefs.
The food here is really good. We went all inclusive and that was so worth it! We did not have to worry about paying or anything like that. We def. suggest all inclusive!
Do not worry about the steepness of the resort, the tuk tuks ( which are the carts that take you around the resort) are everywhere and we hardly ever had to wait, plus they are really neat looking and fun to ride in.
This is certainly a phenomenal 5 star hotel and well worth the money, you will not regret it!
My only suggestion for the hotel is that they might need to clean up the landscape around the pond at the terrace restaurant. I know they are trying to keep it like you would see in the rain forest however it kind of looked un kept. I know this is kind of random but it is always about the smaller details that make a place great! Just a suggestion.
Thanks for a fabulous honeymoon and we can not wait to return with family and friends!
-Amanda & Ryan-
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, West Indies, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere