Here's my abridged version: spectacular resort with incredible service and a lot to do...if you choose.
Here's my unabridged version:
Scenery - as even the most critical guest will acknowledge, it really doesn't get much better than having a resort nested between the Pitons....absolutely breathtaking. The views from our villa (311) were awesome. 5 star
Food - as we didn't have the AI plan and ate off property for lunch and dinner, I don't feel as qualified as some to answer this. We had good breakfasts there and the thin crust pizza we tried was top notch; however, we only ate dinner there one time (good but not spectacular). 4 star
Accommodations - we were upgraded from a luxury cottage to a superior villa....nice touch on their part, as it was both my and my wife's birthday while we were there. As mentioned previously, the view for our deck and plunge pool (perfect temperature) was spectacular. The villa itself was clean and well appointed with a gigantic bathroom. I loved the huge double shower while my wife fell in love with the claw foot bathtub with awesome bath salts (so she tells me). Coffee maker was top notch and cold Piton beer was restocked every day (complimentary). The bed was incredibly comfortable and had mosquito netting; although, we never had a problem with them in the villa. They are definitely a presence outside, but the citronella candles provided took care of them just fine. Bring some repellant just in case you are sensitive. An iPad is provided for your convenience. Make sure you check it every day for activities and specials!!! We woke up one morning and noticed spa treatments were 50% off for 4 hours that day! 5 stars
Spa - as just mentioned, we noticed the spa special and I jumped on it! Booked a 50 minute Swedish massage and had the best massage in my life. I get massages every 30 to 60 days, so I know what I like. This was amazing. Had I had this earlier in the trip, I would have booked again at full price. 5 star
Service - this is where the resort clearly stands out, particularly in their Butler Services department. We had Greg, Mosiah and Swameed. Greg and Mosiah took care of us most of the time, and they were incredible. Whether it was getting us rides, making reservations (on or off property) or handling problems, these guys were awesome. I need them at home! We had one issue with a smoke alarm going off at night and the folks in the reception area handled this issue with professionalism and speed. If there is one area that needs a bit of work, it's the dining area. A real mixed bag here. Some of the folks were great, while others acted as if we were a bit of an inconvenience. A shout out to Tavarie (I'm sure I screwed up the spelling) for being on the ball at breakfast. The beach activity personnel were friendly and helpful. The beach servers were once again a mixed bag and a bit slow. The shuttle drivers that took you up and down were tremendous. Virtually every single one of them remembered my and my wife's name. Terry and Michael were particularly friendly. Unlike some previous reviewers, I never waited more than 3 minutes for a shuttle. Im giving 5 stars for service overall because the butler service, shuttle drivers and all but the meal and drink servers were just so superior.
I guess the bottom line is...would you come back? Most definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere