This resort is absolutely amazing! I knew it was nested between the pitons before we arrived, but it’s hard to really grasp what that means until you see it in person. It’s incredible. Both the location and the resort scream romance.
We had such a great stay here. We stayed in a Luxury Sugar Mill room and it was amazing! Loved the simple all-white décor. Both the room (room seems like the wrong term here) and lanai were huge and so beautiful. We enjoyed the nightly turndown service.
-We had breakfast in the mornings at the Terrace. It was simple and tasty. Eating out on the deck was overlooking the property was a great way to start the day.
-The BBQ at Bayside was excellent. Our favorite part was the ceviche bar. You can customize exactly what you want in yours! So good!
-We were disappointed in the Great Room. Service was so-so and they were out of their special even though we didn’t have a late reservation.
-Portion sizes for the food ordered on the beach are huge!
-We highly recommend attending the Black & White Party; it was a lot of fun.
-Snorkeling was really good in the marine preserve at the base of the Pitons
-The sunset cruise is a great way to see the Pitons and the resort from another angle.
-The beach loungers are so cozy and we loved how the staff came around with a different little treat every day
Watch out for the mosquitos, especially if you take the rainforest walk or go to the spa. The spa is literally in the rainforest and each of the treatment rooms are individual treehouses. My massages was great, but I did get a couple mosquito bites during it.
It might be a good idea to bring some watershoes. The sand on the beach is great, but once you actually get in the water it’s more like small rocks than sand and can be tough on tender feet.
This is one of the most incredible places we have ever been to and we would return in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Destinology, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelbag and Agoda so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere