This place is worth the hype. We did many google searches when it cam to decide where we wanted to go on our honeymoon and Sugar Beach was high on every list. We decided to splurge and book our trip to St. Lucia hoping to have the time of our lives just 3 days after tying the knot. Let me tell you first hand this did not disappoint. Instead we had the best 7 days of our lives and could not be more happy with our choice.
The drive to the resort is beautiful scenery. Very slow and windy roads and takes about an hour from the airport. Ask your driver a lot of questions he will love it the St. Lucian are very friendly and want to share their knowledge of their country. When you finally arrive at the resort your butlers are waiting to greet you with a fresh cold drink and eager to grab your luggage out of your hands and bring it to your closet for you. They then give you a cell phone to call them with anything you may need over the course of the trip. Very nice and very helpful as they are always on call.
The Luxury Villa, we stayed in 501, was incredible. The view was absolutely breathtaking. Morning afternoon and night the views just got better and better. Walk out Patio and double infiniti plunge pool. The room was immaculate. Cleaned for its guests twice a day by the staff. Huge comfy bed. Two bathrooms and two showers and a big soaker tub. What else do you need. Its a home away from home and probably better!
The pool, The beach....WOW, WOW, WOW. enough said.
The food was the best my Wife and I have ever had, let alone at a resort, In saying that this is not a resort, its luxury living for a week thats the way we looked at it. The great room is so fancy and amazing food and privacy. The bayside is ocean side eating at its best. And the sushi in the Cane bar is top notch. Breakfast lunch and dinner have so many great options and you can even have it served right to your room.
The spa is amazing. Watersports such as snorkelling and paddle boarding make for some fun stuff to do in the water right at the resort. We played Tennis. This place has everything never a dull moment unless its spent relaxing.
The resort is so quiet and private it really makes for a romantic feel.
The staff is so friendly always smiling and ready to help and serve or just chat and be a friend.
My wife and I had the most amazing time we will never forget and couldnt have dreamt of a better honeymoon destination then Sugar Beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, West Indies, Odigeo, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere