“Honeymoon at Sugar Beach 7/2-7/10”

Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Let me start by saying this was the trip of a lifetime and I can't possibly understand how some reviewers found things to complain about in regards to Sugar Beach. We stayed from 7/2-7/10 in room 801 (luxury villa) and from the min we got there to the min we left we were treated like royalty. I am going to break the review into several parts and provide as much information as possible because I like many I am sure spent months reading the reviews in anticipation of my visit.

Arrival/Check In: We were picked up at the airport by a private car which was set up through my travel agent and I highly recommend going this route. I was anticipating the drive from hell after reading some reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised how mild it actually was. The car and driver definitely contributed to the ease of the drive- our driver informed us that we were in St. Lucia now so "we take our time" which he did. I don't think he got above 30 mph the entire drive which made it smooth and helped us to take in the landscape on the way to the resort, the drive was about 45 min ( plus he had a cooler full of beer and water for us as well) When we arrived at our resort we were informed that our villa was ready for us and we were driven right to our front door where we were met by our butler who checked us in which took all of 30 seconds. At that point we wanted to check out the property so our butler arranged a tour for us with Sherman who we began to refer to as the "Mayor" of Sugar Beach- He is hilarious and always remembered our names and couldn't have been more helpful throughout our entire stay.

Villa: We stayed in Luxury Villa 801 which was incredible- I was a little disappointed when we arrived and I noticed we had somewhat of an obstructed view of the ocean and Pitons due to the foliage surrounding our villa, however it provided a lot more privacy then most of the villas I saw throughout the week. By the end of the week after surveying the property we couldn't have asked for a better spot, no one could see into our plunge pool or back deck which made it feel private and secluded which we loved. The bathroom is amazing and stocked with Neil George products so their is no need to bring lotion, shampoo, soap, ect- The shower could fit a family of five and is roughly double the size of my apartment bathroom back home. I won't get too much into the villa as the pictures on the website are 100 accurate and if anything don't do the villas enough justice. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and had my wife searching for a manufacturer tag so we could buy one when we got home. The back deck and plunge pool were great, at night we would order apps at the beach bar and bring them back up with us and sit and have our own happy hour. One note would be to make sure to keep doors and windows closed during the twilight hours as our rooms would start to fill up with bugs if we left anything open ( not a big deal as the room is sprayed at turndown).

Butlers: First and foremost I want to express my wife and I's deepest thanks to our butler staff that truly made this the trip of a lifetime for us. Mikel (sorry if I spelled it wrong) Jose, and Gus were there for anything we needed throughout the entire trip- They set up taxis, ironed clothes, had wine and champs waiting and chilled for us every night when we got back from the beach, dinner reservations, made change for us, set us up with movies to watch at night, ect. They made us feel like we were the only ones at the resort except for the fact that they service 15!!!!!! other rooms. I also wanted to just give a quick shout out to Gus who simply went above and beyond his responsibilities to make sure our trip was memorable, If you are staying I would suggest staying in the 800's because the butler staff is great and they work incredibly hard.

Food/Service: Let me start by saying my wife and I live in the city and eat out all the time and the food at the resort was delicious by our standards- You need to keep in mind while you are at a five star resort you are not dining at a Michelin 5 star rated restaurant. The food is very very good and we enjoyed every meal we had (so much so that I gained 8lbs). The are 3 options for dinner the Bayside, the great room, and the cane bar. The great room is the most formal of the three and requires long pants for the men. Food is excellent and I felt that if you have no problem with seafood and different meats that the variety was just fine for an 8 night stay. The bayside is a little less casual (dress shorts for the men) but the food is still very upscale- Make sure to hit the BBQ on Friday night which was definitely the best meal of the week for us. The cane bar offers sushi which we usually hit before dinner for one or two rolls. Lunch can be ordered at the beach, the bayside, or the beach bar. We preferred the beach bar for lunch as it was a little less formal than the bayside, lunch was excellent as well. Drink on the beach were great and the attendants are around asking you if you need anything roughly every 10 min- Hillroy was great on the beach and took care if us all week. As far as some people complaining about dinner and lunch service being slow I can understand it to a certain extent. It is a little disjointed especially at breakfast- it just seems that rather than tasking 2 people with an area or assigned tables all the staff is all over the place at once. One person takes the order, one person does drinks, one person brings the food, one person clears the table, ect and there at times seemed to be a lack of communication between the staff. That being said you are on vacation and for the most part at this resort I would say 80% were on their honeymoons so enjoy the time and don't let it get you upset. I couldn't have been happier getting to take my time and enjoy my dinner and conversation with my new wife. You are on island time in St. Lucia and it is definitely not Philadelphia time or NYC time, but guess what we are guest in their country and this is their way of life (everyone there is extremely helpful and kind so maybe they have the pace of life right?)

Staff: Overall I have never encountered a more dedicated and kind group of people in my life they truly made the trip worthwhile for us.

Tours: We were on our Honeymoon and having started the trip with 3 days in key west we pretty much relaxed the whole time- We did take the sunset cruise the resort offers which was great. we also had Gus hire us a car which was $70 US to take us around to the sights for a half day (9-1) We visited the sulfur and mud baths which we thought was cool and the gardens in Soufriere which my wife enjoyed. I would not recommend taking the water taxis on the beach to Soufriere as there is not much there to see at all I would stick with taking a taxi our for a morning tailoring the trip for yourselves (ask for Dylan he was a great guide) If you do the mud and sulfur baths get their EARLY we got there at 9am and were the only ones there when we left at 10:30 there were 50 people trying to squeeze into a pool the size of a hot tub.

Misc:

We got a call from our travel agent 2 months before departure informing us of a special going on for the AI meal plan and I am very happy we went that route. Listen lets not kid ourselves Sugar Beach is not cheap and that doesn't change when you go to eat. We definitely got our moneys worth and then some- when we did the math between breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinking we were close to 700-850 US a day. If we didn't have the AI plan it would have made the trip much less fun and a little stressful as we would have been watching our money the whole time. With the AI plan everything is done when you arrive and you just get bills that say 0 after every meal. With the AI plan it also includes the service charge and tip however we always tipped on top 5 or 10 bucks.

If you are unsure of where to stay I can't recommend this resort enough. We are beach people and I can tell you right now it was easy to tell who the people from Ladera were because they were the people that looked miserable laying on towels at the beach because they have no beach at their resort. I was between several placed before booking sugar beach and I knew the min I got their that I made the right decision! What a great trip and we will be back again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ohara2786
ABoersma, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time to write this extensive review about your honeymoon at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
I am really pleased that you had a wonderful time and everything was perfect and to your satisfaction. We are happy that we created wonderful memories for you that will last a lifetime. Our staff will be delighted to read your comments, especially those individuals highlighted.
I am sorry of hear of the experience you had at breakfast. This is an area that we are working hard to improve.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and business, and for recommending our resort to family and friends. We are looking forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family traveled to St Lucia July 1 - July 8, 2014 and stayed at Sugar Beach in two lovely luxury villas (303 & 305). We were fortunate to have beautiful weather for the majority of our stay. Sugar Beach is a lush property nestled in the rainforest and tucked between the iconic Pitons. Remotely located I should add.

The vegetation on property enhanced the tropical feel. Flowering plants, ferns, fruit and nut trees were bountiful. It was a feel that was missing from our last Caribbean vacation to St Maarten.

The Villas

Our 300 section villas had wonderful views of the Pitons and the sea. In fact, our 305 unit was located at the base of a Piton and it was if you could reach out and touch it. Each villa had a spacious Patio with plunge pool and lounge furniture. Our patio was surrounded by plants that attracted wonderful little hummingbirds in abundance and watching them became a part of my morning coffee ritual. The rooms were spacious and the design was exactly as it appears in pictures on the web site. Though some maintenance is needed. Our 305 unit had a small leak in the ceiling during heavy rain fall. Some fresh paint is needed inside and out.

The bathrooms are oversized and luxurious and the Neil George bath and skin products were pampering. The mini bar was well stocked with drinks and snacks and featured a Nespresso coffee machine (which I purchased upon my return home). The units had ceiling fans and A/C which kept the heat from being unbearable. Beds and pillows were quite comfortable and aided in good sleep.

I read previous reviews that suggested the service on property was inconsistent. That was not our experience. The SB staff from the beach staff to restaurant staff to tuck tuck drivers to butlers were friendly, courteous and professional. There wasn't a moment that I can recall that we didn't feel welcomed or our business wasn't appreciated.

Our butler service was amazing. I have nothing to compare them to but I'm willing to bet that the 300 section butlers are the best SB has to offer. Particularly Swamed and Greg. They assisted with both on-property and off-property services and provided extra touches that made us feel special. We wanted to plan a little surprise party at our villa for our daughters and Swamed went the extra mile setting it all up. He created a wonderful setting on our patio with table cloths, flower petals, candles and tiki torches. He even sprayed to keep the bugs away. Both Swamed and Greg helped arranged the food we wanted and we had a grand time bringing our vacation to an end. I can't say enough about Swamed and I'm pretty positive that he represents the very best that SB has to offer.

The four of us enjoyed spa services at the Rainforest Spa. Perhaps the most unique spa I've ever visited. Beautifully situated in the rainforest, the spa was exotic and well appointed. Check in and check out was easy, the staff welcoming and talented. It was one of our favorite on-property experiences.

You get around the property via tuck tuck drivers. They were always on time, friendly and helpful. We never waited long for a ride at all. While the property is situated on hilly terrain, the walk from the 300 section down to the beach area wasn't bad at all. It allowed me to take some to enjoy the beauty of the property.

The beach staff was attentive. Each morning they gathered four lounge chairs for us, delivered cool, scented towels and refreshments. Ordering food and drinks was effortless. The beach itself was beautiful but on the small-ish side. If you are the type that likes to take long walks on the beach, it ain't happening here. Luckily, I'm not the type.

Opportunities and Issues

While we had a wonderful time and I rated this experience "excellent", there are some opportunities for improvement. For starters, most of the lounge furniture around the pool and beach is showing significant signs of wear and tear. Much of it was torn and soiled. The property is full of nice private "chill-out" spots but at times I didn't want to sit for fear that my clothes would too become soiled. I expected more out of a property of this caliber. The staff at the beach did spread towels over the loungers and that was extremely helpful.

Restaurant service in all restaurants was slow. Too slow. I'm aware of the philosophy that "you are on vacation so no need to rush." I couldn't disagree more. Good, efficient service is a must no matter the place or occasion. While the views from all of the dining centers is excellent, I don't want to spend time waiting for a check when I could be spending it on the beach or relaxing in my villa.

The quality of the food is inconsistent among the restaurants and not much of it is fit for foodies. Our best experiences were at the beach (the octopus tostadas were delicious) and at the Bayside restaurant (ribeye steak was cooked perfectly). The Great Room experience was less than great. It was so dark that I needed to use the flashlight on my phone to read the menu. And the food, given the price point, lacked flavor and creativity. I for one didn't travel to the Caribbean to eat Italian food. I would love to have experienced fine-dinning versions of native food that utilized locally sourced ingredients. The same goes for the Cane Bar and sushi. It's a confusing concept. Most of the food is pricey but we planned for that. However, $9 glasses of orange juice at breakfast was just plain taking advantage. We opted to skip the all-inclusive plans because we just don't eat and drink like that. Four of us for the week spent roughly between $2,500-$3,000 including mini bar charges, drinks and food. Far less than what 4 people on an A/I plan would have cost. We didn't feel like we missed out on anything that we wanted.

There were some issues with the daily holds that they were placing on our bank card. The amount of the holds were far outpacing our actual spending. We bought it to the attention of the front office and it was take care of immediately.

Must Do

Spa service at the Rainforest Spa
Morning Yoga - the view of the beach from the sun deck is spectacular (though the yoga instructor kicked my butt)
Black & White party at the Cane Bar - music and crowd was the most energetic of the week.
Snorkel - the marine park at the base of the Piton was fantastic. I saw some amazing sea life including a school of cuddle fish.
Dine off property at least once or twice - we dined at Dasheene and the Rainforest Cafe - both excellent dining experiences.
Sunset cruise or something similar - we chartered a sail boat and sailed up and down the coast.

Bottom Line

I rated this experience "Excellent" because, despite the opportunities mentioned above, Sugar Beach made us feel welcomed and at times pampered. My family concluded that it was the best vacation that we ever had. At the end of the day, that's what matters.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Joe L

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to write this very useful review about your recent stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit and that the courtesies and services you experienced positively contributed to a relaxing family vacation. Swamed and Greg will be commended for the exceptional service that they delivered to you.
I would like to apologize for the inconsistencies that you have highlighted in the area of food and beverage. This is an area where we are constantly looking for ways to improve. We are continuing to review our service standards and implementing refresher training where required to ensure that the best possible service is rendered to our guests at all times.
Please know that your comments and your business have been greatly appreciated.
On behalf of the entire team, we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Need I say more? We just spent our honeymoon at Sugar Beach. We stayed in a bungalow on the beach and I would highly recommend this if it is in your budget. The butlers are amazing, the view of the sun set behind the mountain each evening is amazing, the beach access is top notch and like no other. First I will start with the negatives as to why I didn't give the resort 5 stars. 1) service for food and drinks. St. Lucia is known for their friendly locals. But for some reason service at the restaurants here is not so much. They aren't bad. But they aren't very friendly either and the service is slow. I don't know if thats because they aren't use to people tipping based on personality the way we do in the states, or if people don't ever tip them because they already add a 10% service charge to every bill you have. But personally I am accustomed to and expect over the top friendly service. And I tip accordingly. So at this resort I am assuming a lot of people don't tip extra. The 10% service charge is something that gets divided between the entire resort staff to ensure they make a decent living. And I am actually completely okay with that. This island survives off tourism and I think the locals there deserve that, because unfortunately not everyone knows how to tip. With that being said, they should explain this when you check in. But the entire island does it. Not just them. So I am not taking points off for that. Just for the service at the restaurants not being very friendly. okay 2) the food at this resort is very good. I am a super picky eater who has been to many fine dining places in my life. So no worries there. However there is very little variety for a long stay. The menus don't really change and the food gets old quick. Luckily we already knew that we didn't want the dining plan other than breakfast because we like to venture out, but even the few times we did want to dine at the resort (especially lunch) then pickings are slim for food and especially beer and drinks . But again everything is good. you won't starve by any means. :)
As for the positives.. EVERYTHING ELSE…. the butlers are amazing and get taxis for you and answer all your questions, dinner reservations, etc… The views are superb…and the beach is amazingly clean and quiet and beautiful. The room was amazing and perfect for our honeymoon suite. The plunge pool was perfect and inspired us in building our new home. the special touches by the butlers and maids are awesome. The beds have mosquito nets in case you want to sleep with the doors open, but while I'm talking about mosquitos let me address this. I HATE BUGS and I get bit wherever I go before anyone else does. BUT, this resort sprays for mosquitos and it shows. I had nothing to worry about on this resort. thats A HUGE plus for me. If I Left the resort I definitely saw a difference. So big kudos to this resort for that. Also, I had a couple of questions/concerns and the manager contacted me and had a very nice long conversation with me explaining their reasons and such. He took a lot of time and he made things right and I can't say enough about how well he handled it. I can be a tough cookie sometimes. :) Another positive. The spa. The spa is super special for a couples massage and I highly recommend. Overall….. best vacation and best resort I have ever been to!!!! Amazing!!!!

I will add some food for thought, but this is not based on my star rating at all. This island as a whole is NOT easy to get around. We took a day to go to the north end of the island to check out the differences. Most of the touristy stuff ( mud baths, good snorkeling, waterfall, etc) can be found on the south end of the island where sugar beach is located so you don't really need to go to the north end. But anywhere you go by cab even on the south end with sugar beach is full of hills and curves and for the car sick rider… take your dramamine!!! Transportation around the island would be so much better with water taxis, but boats are very expensive for this island. You can get water taxis as we did, but they are VERY costly. $150-$500 for one way or round trip. I am only adding this info because its good stuff to know about the island its self. Not because it has anything to do with the hotel. St. Lucia is awesome!!!

Room Tip: Bungalow is the way to go. but all rooms I am sure are great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela S

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
I would like to apologize for the inconsistencies that you have highlighted with the level of service in the restaurants. This is an area we have highlighted for renewed training efforts and continue to review our service standards to ensure our guests enjoy prompt, efficient and friendly service.
We are pleased to note that apart from the disappointments that you highlighted, you had a wonderful and relaxing stay.
Once again, thank you for your comments and business. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again, and to share firsthand the improvements made in light of your concerns.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Instead of the usual review, I thought I would simply copy in the letter I sent to the resorts management. I think it sums up what we thought of Sugar Beach nicely!

"Dear Georg,

I am just writing to you having just returned from our Honeymoon which you kindly helped to organise.

I normally leave feedback via Trip Advisor (which I will also be doing) but in this case felt I had to email you directly as well.

Our stay with you was EXCEPTIONAL.

I was expecting something pretty special but your resort exceeded those expectations on every level.

Our room was stunning, the food everyday, for every meal was excellent and your colleagues were faultless. Without exception, everyone made us feel welcome and special during our stay.

Whilst everyone was brilliant, I have to make special reference to Shaun, our 708 Butler. He stood out for us from day one with his care and attention but what he did for us towards the end of our holiday was above and beyond what anyone could expect.

We checked out on Thursday as planned and when saying thank you and goodbye to Shaun exchanged Facebook details so we could keep in touch. I never realised how important this would become. To cut a very long sorry short, I flight was cancelled until the Sunday and British Airways could not help. We were essentially stranded in the Country with no one to turn to. I had already phoned the hotel to see if they could accommodate us but you were full as we expected. Whilst frantically trying to sort ourselves out, Shaun emailed me to make sure we had arrived home (a nice touch on its own) so I explained the situation to him. Now, despite him not being at work, he took it upon himself to make sure we were looked after. He spoke to your reservation guys and managed to get us back into the hotel. He offered to sort us out a taxi and everything. We therefore spent another couple of days back in resort.

Without Shaun’s help, not only could our Honeymoon have been ruined by BA, we would have been stranded in a unfamiliar country with no one to turn to. Shaun said he did this for us as that was his job to look after us but we had checked out, we may never have seen him again so to me he went well beyond what any guest could expect.

I would like to pass on our thanks to ALL the guys at Sugar Beach but especially to Shaun who I now consider a friend.

Thank you Georg for everything. You and your team have made this a truly special Honeymoon and a vacation we will never forget.

See you again soon I hope.

All the best

Luke & Aga

PS Trip Advisor Next!"

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LPML1977

Hello Luke and Aga,
We are really happy to read your review and even happier that your stay remains memorable for all the right reasons.
Shaun is a true gem to our resort and his actions serve as evidence of the high level of service and genuine care and attention that we show to our guests. He has been acknowledged and praised for all his efforts and hard work.
We are really happy that Shaun went above and beyond and exceeded your expectations in all areas.
Once again, thank you for your glowing comments. We will be delighted to serve you again soon.
Andre Boersma

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This Resort is not for the budget conscious traveller and probably best saved for honey moons and extremely special occasions. My trip with my whole close family (6 of use) was for my parent’s 25th wedding anniversary and renewal of their vows (so pretty special). We rented one of the residences at the hotel, which comprises of:
3 large bedrooms with large en-suit bathrooms with showers and the master bedroom has a bath tub, Large kitchen with granite service large fridge a large cooker,
Large lounge area with surround sound and free music streaming system.
Good sized private pool and hot tub, sun beads and outside eating area.
The location is beautiful situated between the two Pitons (large oddly pointy hills) in a private bay with a large beach.
Plenty of activities can be arranged onsite including snorkelling (great just of the beach there is a protected coral reef) Diving, water sports and day trips by boat.
There are three restaurants on site:
1) The beach side restaurant is informal serving a mix of fish, pizzas, and pasta and meat dishes in a relaxed atmosphere
2) A smart formal restaurant serving high end food situated in the grand main building in the resort (the wine list is also of good quality if expensive)
3) A large bar area which serves sushi
Other bit:
Breakfast: Served at the main house (golf cart shuttles can be called for to get you there if you do not fancy walking) food is great with a varied selection of continental breakfast staples, American pancakes crepes waffles and some unique smoothie options for the health conscious.
The pool surrounded by sun loungers is great to get away from the salty sea.
All in all this hotel is as close to perfect as you can get and it knows it (hence the price)

Room Tip: Take a trip to some of the other hotel restaurants on the island for some variaty i highly recommend...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ABoersma, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Good day,
Thank you for your positive comments about your family vacation ay Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
We are pleased to hear that you were very happy with our offerings and that you had a perfect stay. I trust that your family members had an equally amazing time and that your parents in particular had a memorable 25th wedding anniversary.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments and business. We are looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Sugar Beach Resort has been meticulously planned, sited, and built and is incomparable in accommodations, service, amenities, and cuisine. Check-in occurs with your butler in the most beautifully decorated accommodations. I highly recommend the villas hillside set in lush foliage with private plunge pool, outdoor shower, and incredible view of the Pitons and Caribbean. The bathrooms are pure luxury with multi-head showers big enough for 4 and separate soaking tubs. The etheral white decor provides for ultimate relaxation. Viceroy has anticipated meeting any need by providing guests with iPads for Internet access, restaurant menus, spa services, activity options, etc., and firefly phones for direct communication with butlers and other guests. The stunning white sand beach features the most comfortable shaded chaises for lounging, and a plethora of water sports including on-site snorkeling that is phenomenal, paddle boards, and kayaks. Another option for lounging and swimming is the serene infinity pool overlooking the beach. There are many and varied restaurant options on property, and all are excellent. We were constantly amazed at the quality and selection of cuisine from sushi, to multi-course chef's tasting menu, to ocean-side tapas in the sand. Even breakfast was an event and delicious. The spa is a series of treehouses perched above a babbling brook and my massage was one of the best that I have experienced. This resort is perfect for couples looking for a romantic getaway or an active family vacation and has set the bar for all others as a total package with beautiful beach, incredible accommodations, excellent cuisine, and service that is impeccable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AALynch

Good day,
I am very happy to read that your stay was memorable for all the right reasons.
We take pride in the top notch services that we offer to our guests and we feel happy that this was appreciated by you.
Our Rainforest Spa speaks for itself. The staff will be pleased with your comments.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and business. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were exceedingly impressed by this enormously romantic and stunning place! We came here for our honeymoon and had sky high expectations. But we must say - we were not disappointed!

The accommodation:

We stayed at the Sugar Mill Luxury Room, which is the cheapest they offer (but really not cheap!). Calling it a room would be a complete misrepresentation as it was large with several separate areas including sun terrace on the roof and garden with plunge pool.

Eye candy:

Everything from our room to the restaurants along with the garden and the beach was stunningly made up with white lining and dark wood. The white sandy beach was framed by two large pitons with rainforest. Beautiful sunbeds and amazing lounge areas. Everything was just stunning.

Service:

The service was amazing. The staff remembered our name and always had a smile and positive attitude. They would walk out to the furthest point at the beach with your drinks. Nothing was too much for them.

Food:

There are about four places to eat at the resort and you must book all inclusive as there is nowhere else to go (its pretty isolated) and the food is very expensive if you pay as you go. There was a great variety of food and we were positively surprised to learn that they could make gluten-free pizza, pasta, waffles and bread. The bread was pretty dry, but everything else tasted very well.
The different menus included sushi, burger, pizza, curry, Jamaican food, salads, fish etc, etc. We loved it! The wine selection on all inclusive could have been broader, but it was still very tasty.

Activities:

The spa is stunning - small wooden huts, high up in the trees. Lovely massages. We also used the gym a couple of times, and had our muscles smashed by the personal trainer! All water sport is included which we took full advantages of. They have outdoor cinema on the beach once a week, where you sit on bean bags and eat popcorn and get an umbrella if it rains! Climbing the piton was much harder than they let on, and we are both very fit people. Bring hiking shoes and lots of water and be prepared to sweat like you have never done before!

Overall:

We thought we would make lots of excursions as we are the active type of people, but we got completely absorbed into the beauty and luxury of the place and just enjoyed the scenery, the beach, snorkelling, swimming, sailing, eating and relaxing.

Conclusion:

It was a dream holiday and we would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NeeleJason

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Sugar Beach honeymoon experience on TripAdvisor.
We are happy to know that the high level of service that you experienced exceeded your expectations in all areas.
We are delighted that we created happy memories that will last a lifetime for all the right reasons.
Our staff will be very pleased with your comments. We will certainly commend them for a job well done.
André Boersma

Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Jade Mountain Resort
#7 of 11 in Soufriere
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 5 in Cap Estate

Been to Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort? Share your experiences!