St Lucia has several amazing resorts and Sugar Beach is one of the very best. Nestled in between the twin Piton mountains, the resort has amazing views and top tier services.
Our family decided to take the vacation of a lifetime and rented one of the luxury villas for a week. With an infinity pool overlooking the ocean, a butler and plenty of room for each of my two boys, it was a near-perfect week. We rented island buggies and toured the island. We went on an ATV tour through a nearby fruit plantation. We went zip-lining, enjoyed spa massages and visited volcanic mud baths. But our favorite adventures were learning to SCUBA dive with the resort's PADI-certified instructors and renting the incredible Manatee sailboat for a day of sailing and snorkeling up the coast.
We loved the staff, especially our butler Tyson, the concierge Theresa, the sailboat and dive team of Vitus and Andy. Overall, the food was excellent but there were a few less-than-stellar meals when we ordered room service. The hotel itself was incredible. The beaches, the restaurants, and particularly the spa were beautiful and well maintained.
My only advice for future guests (and these are minor) would be around transportation. The hotel will help coordinate attractions but the price of transportation wasn't included in most of the quotes. The hotel will also arrange airport transportation but be careful because the least expensive option, the taxis, are actually the best - the SUV got very cramped with our luggage and four people.
All in all, Sugar Beach is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and one of my favorite vacations over the last several years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelbag, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere