“Breathtaking”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
Naples, Florida
“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I visited this resort last week and it was absolutely breathtaking. The rooms only have three walls so the entire front is open to the Pitons and the ocean. The rooms also have their own plunge pool so you can relax and enjoy the view right from your room.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms would be a good choice
Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sunshinecop67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Cross, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stopped hear for drinks and canopies as part of a boat tour to the Pitons. Wow, what a resort...the #1 resort in the world in 2005. Oprah stays there, so it must be top shelf. The view from the bar is incredible with a view between both peaks. Although we did not stay there, the rooms have only 3 walls, open to the water views. Great honeymoon destination, but a bit pricy.

2 Thank pmatawan
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was our first time to Saint Lucia and it was for our honeymoon. The entire island is amazing, but the Ladera resort really captures the best qualities of the country. Let me preface this review first by saying that the first 6 nights in Saint Lucia we stayed at a different, "chain" resort on the other side of the island. This resort was twice as expensive, and they called it "all inclusive". This other resort was extremely Americanized and it felt like I was still in the US.

That was not the case at Ladera. When you are greeted and personally escorted to your room, it’s like you're walking into a dream. We kept pinching ourselves and saying, "oh my gosh. This cannot be real!" The woman who escorted us to our room took the time to point out everything in the room, which came in handy! She told us that on Sundays (the day we arrived), they have a buffet with many authentic Saint Lucian foods. On our way to dinner, we were greeted by a sweet lady named Holly. She walked with us to the restaurant and gave us suggestions on what dishes to try. Being that we had been eating hamburgers, Japanese Hibachi, and pizza for the past 6 days, we were VERY interested. My favorite was the curried goat - but everything on my plate was delicious! I will say, it was a bit pricey, but we felt it was worth it! When we arrived back to our room, we found a chilled bottle of champagne and a hand written note from Holly ... the OWNER, which she failed to mention when we first met her. Wow... what a personal touch. Not a few words of greetings, it was a full handwritten note to me and my new husband wishing us a wonderful stay and a happy life together. It really touched our hearts. A continental breakfast is included. You can upgrade your breakfast by adding a couple dollars – which is totally worth it. And again, the food is authentic Saint Lucian dishes. Every meal we had at the resort was delicious. Internet is also available at no charge – that was very nice! We were able to facetime our family and friends and show off the beautiful room and view. They were SO jealous! The resort provides complimentary snorkeling gear. They have a shuttle that runs down to the beach 3 times a day. The snorkeling in this cove is better than the 2 scuba dives that we did at the other resort. There were so many different kinds of sea creatures. We saw squids, an octopus, as wells as thousands of fish!

Our room was just incredible. The view took my breath away every time I looked out upon the Pitons and the bay with crystal blue water and white sandy beaches. The bed is draped with a beautiful white net… which is more functional than just a decoration. The bed and pillows are very comfy! The shower is a piece of art – just beautiful! There’s a pool in every room. The pool is amazing with a little trickling waterfall to drown out any noises and give some privacy. The pool was very cold though. I think we only got in once… which was disappointing. There’s a sun deck out over the forest. Just simply put: incredible. It seems the owner/staff have thought of everything. There was a fruit plate waiting for us when we arrived. There was insect repellant in the room, along with mosquito bite itch relief spray. And the best amenity that was included in the room was the ear plugs! With the room being open to the elements we experienced some loud animal noises (birds and tree frogs) throughout the night.

My tip – when going to Saint Lucia, don’t stay at the chain resorts…

Room Tip: All rooms are incredible. I think we ended up in one of the smallest, cheaper rooms... and it was st...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Katy G
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I chose Ladera Resort as our Honeymoon destination. I have to say this hotel is beyond words to describe. The VIEWS throughout the resort are AMAZING, the SERVICE IS EXCEPTIONAL and the FOOD FENOMENAL ( although expensive, but you get to enjoy gourmet dishes).
We just got back yesterday and I have to say I am missing our PITONS breathtaking room view. I not only spent my honeymoon at Ladera's also celebrated my 30th BDAY and it was totally amazing. My husband surprised me with a day full of activities he took me to horse riding to the other side of the island, then we went to Sugar Beach and at the end of the day he had arranged a romantic dinner at the hotel in a private room (at the winery). We met the owner Holly she is an amazing lady very simple and down to earth. A Special THANK YOU to the guest services team for guiding my husband , my special day turned a truly memorable ONE!!! (I did get some.... presents) internal joke with the staff. We have no bad comments or anything negative to say about our experience at LADERA RESORT. This has been by FAR our most UNIQUE VACATION we sure came back to the states relaxed. Our honeymoon experience has been magnifique as the French will say. THANK YOU Ladera Resort for such an amazing and unforgettable Experience!

Room Tip: Our room Letter was "O" I must say FENOMENAL! It was located in the middle. Breathtaking v...
2 Thank Aymora
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon a few weeks ago and we are wishing we could be back there. The amenities were amazing - our room was so spacious. The food was incredible. My husband is a picky eater and absolutely loved everything he ordered. When they didn't have one of our favorites on the menu the chef always obliged a request. They also swapped out the menus every few days so the variety was really nice. The grounds are immaculate. The staff is so friendly and helpful - they always remember your name or your favorite drink. For our last night at Ladera they served us dinner in the private wine room - such a treat! We spent 10 days at Ladera and it was truly an incredible experience! Would recommend to everyone and anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I have been coming to St.Lucia for quite a few years now and always made a point of taking a leisurely drive to Ladera hotel for lunch at their famous Dasheens restaurant and enjoy the spectacular views of the Pitons! Which, I might add is the best view in St.Lucia! In my humble opinion. :)

We have always been curious about what it might be like to stay in a room with only three walls....
So we booked for an overnight on November 4th. Well, that first look out over your room is stunning!! The Pitons in all their glory lit up by the sun was even more beautiful ! Felt like it might have been heaven! There are really no words sufficient enough to explain!?
The room is all wood, with carvings from local artists . Stairs, although very narrow and steep led up to a bedroom mezzanine where a lovely four poster bed is covered with netting. Really felt like you were high up in a tree house.

The large bathroom had a pretty mosaic shower stall but the shower head itself could use a little updating. Small thing ! I know.... Loved the wood furniture! But found it more artsy than comfortable. Unfortunately, when the sun is high it gets sooo hot in the room you could not actually stay in it. No matter! Because we spent most our time walking the grounds which has so much to look at, very lush with scents of multiple flowers and plants. We even found a little bird sanctuary that we sat near just watching the hummingbirds fly to the nectar the hotel has installed.

We had one experience that kind of put a damper on things .... We wanted to spend time on the beach for sunset. They told us the last shuttle ends at 4 pm I believe? Why they would end shuttles at that time, I have no idea? So we took our car to a parking area and had to use another hotels shuttle to the beach . The kindly gentleman told us we can use the beach chairs and facilities as both hotels have an understanding. Wonderful! Walked to the end of the beach for some privacy , place our things on a beach chair and notice we are being followed by a hotel beach worker. Who tells us we need to pay 50 dollars!!! To use the chairs. Gasp!! Lol we mentioned that we were staying at Ladera but it did not make a difference. He asked us to leave. With our faces red in embarrassment we headed to the bar at the other end of the beach. Had a couple of pitons , enjoyed the sunset and when it was time to head back up in the shuttle to the car park they asked to see our receites from the drinks or we could not get a shuttle back up. This would have meant a very, very steep climb up the road . We were stunned that Ladera would not warn us of this! Kinda put a sour taste in our mouths ....when we brought up how badly we were treated to the attention of Ladera front desk, they pulled out our contract and showed us where it mentions they are not a beach resort. Well, thats all fine and good! But please in the future! Can you at least warn other guests to your resort that patronage at the beach is not very welcoming! If you offer a shuttle then you should also offer hotel beach chairs....this is a Huge over sight in my opinion!! We would never go back to this beach again as the atmosphere is very snooty from the staff at the other resort which is called Jalousie resort.

Rant over!! Lol bottom line? We would stay at Ladera again maybe try the new suites which are very beautiful. Just would enjoy the lush grounds instead of spending time at the beach.
Also, Dasheens restaurant has a menu to die for....at cocktail hour and through dinner they had a fantastic Reggae band. The mood in the resto was very romantic.

All in all! The experience was positive! The staff were warm and welcoming as all St.Lucians are! :)

2 Thank kathyanddanny
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My boyfriend and I took a trip to St. Lucia in June and we are STILL shocked we ever came back. If we could have stayed forever, we would have.

Even during rainy season, this hotel was an absolute treasure. By far the best hotel experience I have ever had. Our room was massive, the food was amazing, and the view-breathtaking at every turn.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Jade Mountain Resort
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Ladera Resort? Share your experiences!