“A little slice of heaven”
Review of Ladera Resort

Ladera Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Us: We're two super busy professionals. We actually were hoping the Internet wouldn't work as well as it did, but we still were able to disconnect during our time at Ladera. Incredibly relaxing, beautiful place!

Our trip: We spent 4 days, 3 nights at Ladera in early December 2013. We stayed at Ti Kaye for the 5 days previous and wouldn't necessarily recommend it. . .but that's another review!

Overall notes: Yes, it's expensive. Yes, we thought it was absolutely worth it and was beyond just a hotel--- it was an EXPERIENCE! :) (Sidenote: I believe in paying for experiences, not stuff!)

Service:
Phenomenal. It felt like the staff was incredibly tight-knit and treated us like royalty. My boyfriend had broken his foot at the previous resort (Ti Kaye), and they went as far as to find him crutches, bring him ice, offered to call in the doctor, drove us over to our dinner reservations at Boucan (and other times, to Dasheene for meals). We were really amazed by them.

Room:
I really don't think you can go wrong picking a room here. They all have spectacular views.

Bugs:
My boyfriend tends to be mosquito-prone, so he picked up a few bites. We stayed under the mosquito net at night, used the spray for the room they provided, and kept the lights off at night to keep the bites to a minimum.

Food:
The food at Dasheene was great, don't get me wrong. But I was really craving some variety by the end of the week eating at the same restaurant. I wish there was a less expensive, more casual fare option at Ladera as well. Which brings me to transportation. . .

Transportation:
It's hard to get around and you really have to hire taxis for everything. I definitely wouldn't navigate the island with a rental car by myself (really windy roads, not everything is clearly marked, definitely wouldn't be easy to navigate at night if you don't know the area). That's not anything against Ladera though, just more a point I thought I'd bring up.

Front desk:
The one annoyance we had was that the front desk and restaurant never answered our calls when we tried to order room service or get questions answered. I kinda wonder if our phone wasn't working properly. . .but seriously, I really shouldn't complain about having to walk to get food. We were just feeling lazy and wanted to keep reading our books, staring at a magical view.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with room selection here. They all have spectacular views, so if you have to...
4  Thank coloradoamanda
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

When I brought my fiancé to Ladera for lunch, he fell in love with it straight away and asked for a room. we changed our hotel to Ladera and at first, stayed for 3 days. The view is absolutely captivating. one day we saw interlocking rainbows between the Pitons whilst having breakfast. it's something that you might think of seeing only on Photoshop but it was right there in front of us.

upon arriving, the staff greeted us with cool towels and drinks and took care of our car, driving it down to the parking lot. when we mentioned that we thought it needed a wash, someone did that for us as well, free of charge. we happily left a tip for him and was introduced to him later.

we enjoyed the amability and homey feel of Ladera so much during that mini-vacation that we returned again the following weekend and now go there for lunch/dinner by ourselves or if we want to treat our friends. they even know my preferences concerning food and cater to that.

it is indeed like home to us.thank you ladera for providing such a wonderful service.

Room Tip: all rooms are open concept with plunge pool and a fantastic view. it doesn't matter which one yo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Delia H
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed in early December for an early winter 3-day break.
Ladera was everything we could have wished for. The staff were helpful and personable without being intrusive. The room was perfect. The open sided arrangement, which seemed a bit unusual in the abstract, was ideal, since the view was terrific, and the natural effect just right.
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food and dining were top rate. Our only complaint (very minor) was the difficulty (on such a lush island where every second tree seemed to be laden with tropical fruits) in obtaining fresh fruit at the hotel. A chunked-up fruit salad was offered for breakfast, but we had to make a special request for a simple banana, on an island whose principal export is bananas! But his, obviously was a petty complaint, especially in comparison to all the other superlatives.

2  Thank RNNYNewYork
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Took a taxi from Soufriere after a morning sail and wow! Blown away! The location and views between the Pitons are just amazing. Good meal and charming staff make this a great stop. And noted for a future stay as the hotel looks very cozy

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ErnieB_Utah
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have been all over the world and have stayed in many nice resorts. This is my favorite. When they took us to our room, I was blown away by the open concept (without a 4th wall) and amazing views. I couldnt believe how beautiful the views were. We spent more time in our villa then ever before just enjoying the villa and views. The staff members were very good. Very nice, polite and very helpful. I have never been treated so nice. There are a lot of good/fun activities to participate in too. I don't have any complaints about Ladera. Even the days it rained, we still had a blast. They thought of everything. I felt like a rock star being there. People complained about the cost, but they should know that before going, and then not stress about it. When I look back at my week there I am very happy. Another nice thing about the resort is that they hire local people. If they can't find somone to fit the position, they provide the proper training to the local person. It seems as though the resort really supports the community as well.

Room Tip: I would stay away from the restaurant, only because the band plays a little late and there isnt a 4t...
2  Thank Greg C
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My family thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Ladera Resort. The views were astonishing, the landscaping is impressive, and the staff was very helpful, kind, and professional. One problem (and advantage) is that the rooms have three sides. The side that looks out over the Pitons is open. This makes the experience special, but it also means that one can hear one's neighbors if they are up late (which happened one night) and one hears tree frogs (a plus, we felt). The rooms might better be described as (very) comfortable rather than elegant. The swimming pool is not large. The restaurant is not outstanding. The hotel is not on the beach (there is a van which makes three trips a day). The hotel is not close to other restaurants (with one exception) and is not close to shopping. However, if you can live with these aspects of this resort, Ladera is very much to be recommended. The views are so remarkable that one feels that one is in the middle of a World Heritage Site (and one is!). Our memories of those volcanic cones will last forever.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank GAF11
Reviewed 12 December 2013

From your first steps upon arrival and throughout, polite, friendly and accommodating service awaits you.
The beauty of the resort is breathe taking. Nature surrounds you with beautiful views and superior cuisine. A very special place and a definite must.
Sandy and Steve S.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Jade Mountain Resort
Stonefield Villa Resort
Stonefield Villa Resort
#5 of 11 in Soufriere
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Ladera Resort? Share your experiences!