“Stayed all over the Carribean and Ladera is by far the best place to be!!”
Review of Ladera Resort

Ladera Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
Ft Smith
“Stayed all over the Carribean and Ladera is by far the best place to be!!”
Reviewed 8 December 2010

Ladera is a truly unique experience. Everything about the place is perfect; from the staff to the rooms to the food. The open air experience is a welcome change from the run-of-the-mill resort. It feels like high end camping. It's like all the fun of camping without any of the inconveniences. This is a first class resort, bottom line!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We arrived at Ladera on the last day of hurricane season, when hurricane Tomas struck the next day. We were rained out of two rooms and had a third night in another room, such was the severity of the hurricane. What struck us both was the charm of Creole style rooms and the individuality of each. Had we not been able to sample the different rooms, our stay would have been the poorer. Naturally we would have preferred not to have been in the middle of a hurricane, but we were blessed by being looked after such dedicated staff and having such great companions in the other guests.( Hi, you all!)
I cannot fault the tireless care and attention we recieved from all of the Ladera staff from the grounds staff and security to housekeeping and restaurant staff. They were superb.
Orlando, Michael , Ricardo Ermin, you kept us fed and safe, it was 'Above and beyond' to care of us the way that you all did, from the meals magicked by Orlando, his optimism and morale boosting, to the planning of our great escape by 4x4 cars, dodging landslides and evacuation by sea by Captain Mike, engineered by Michael and Ricardo. The local people also had a great time watching us all wade into the sea to get on the boats. A wonderful tale to tell when you get home.

I would encourage any of you reading this, to sample the hospitality of Ladera for yourselves. You will not be disappinted if you like peace and serenity, excellent food, views beyond compare, and a dedicated staff to help you when you need it most.
One word about wildlife, we did see the tiniest frogs imaginable in our room and they 'sing' at night; fireflies dance if you use a torch at night , and the birds that can come into your room are so well trained, you only have to gesture towards a water pistol to have them scoot off. I saw a couple of lizards but they are disappear if you move to get a closer look at them.
I hope this inspires you to visit St Lucia and Ladera where great hospitality comes as standard.
We will be going back to Ladera.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 November 2010

My wife and I spent a wonderful week at Ladera in late October celebrating our anniversary. The week was wonderful, and the food was by far the best single week of dining we have ever experienced (do not miss the Island Buffet with the suckling pig, coco lamb, prime rib and seafood kabobs!). The views are fantastic, the staff is so friendly and attentive, and it was the ultimate week of relaxation. On the morning we were preparing to leave, Hurricane Thomas struck and we became stranded. This is when the strength and compassion of the staff really stood out. Whether it was Michael working without sleep to keep us safe, or Chef Orlando "sharing the love" with food and his positive attitude, they kept a group of thirty people safe, sane and satisfied for three days with no electricity or running water. At least twenty members of the staff stayed on duty to look after us even though they did not know whether their own families were safe in the nearby town. We have never vacationed ANYWHERE where the staff cares this much about their guests, and we are thankful that they took care of us. We will be back. Thank you Ladera Staff!

1 Thank BFandAF
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2010

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon and our expectations were blown away! My husband is an International Pilot and I use to be a Flight Attendant so I would consider us pretty well traveled. I looked on this website and read reviews before we booked and I would say most of them are accurate. People can see from the pics that your missing a wall in your hotel room so naturally one would assume there is a possibility there may be bugs right lol. We are both 30 years old and here is our perspective:)
If your looking for a romantic getaway this is perfect! The staff makes you feel like your royalty and the rooms are breathtaking. If your looking to get sloppy drunk and dance on the bar maybe you should be looking at Cancun. This is a very classy place and when we were there it seamed to die down around 11ish which was nice, cause you don't want a bunch of kids running around waking you up. The sun comes around 8 (at least in Oct) and the hotel has complimentary breakfast. The breakfast is really good! It's seated and has a large variety of options to choose from such as custom omelets and pumpkin pancakes. If you stay at the hotel for the day lunch I thought was reasonably priced too, it was around 10-15/pp. When we were there it was dark at 6pm. Dinner Dinner Dinner.....what can I say? It was absolutely amazing! If your a Big Mac and fries kinda person, sorry this is a little different. All I can really say is World Class and worth every penny. We paid for 2 between 120-220 per night and that included a bottle (or 2) of wine every night. The setting and the food was just breathtaking. Danshene is now one of our top 2 favorite restaurants in the WORLD!! My husband is allergic to Gluten when we were speaking to Chef Orlando he gave us some excellent ideas as to substitutes to add taste to our dishes.
The rooms, we had a Gross Piton room and we were happy with it. We actually had room J which was nice....we only saw one other room which was a Petit Piton and it was nice too. The main difference was the size, the Gross was a little bigger. It was a nice surprise that the hotel also gives you 2 large bottles of water, 2 cokes, 2 diet cokes, and 2 sprites everyday complimentary. Another nice surprise was that all the rooms had free Internet.
The Gross Piton hike.....all I can say is it kicked my butt! You could tell at the hotel who all did it and who didn't cause you were walking funny. My hubby runs about 5 miles a day and he said it was even tough for him. We also went down to the beach and snorkeled and that was nice. We went to the volcano and water fall and were a little disappointed. I kinda wish we would have went on the zip line or done something different. If you go to the beach, there is a water taxi guy that goes around and asks you if you want to do any excursions and he's cheaper than going through the hotel and I think a better experience.
Overall we were very impressed with the hotel and staff. We definitely plan on returning in a few years. The people of St. Lucia take a lot of pride in their island and a lot of their income relies on tourism so the people outside the hotel are friendly as well without being overbearing. They should be proud it's a wonderful place and we look forward to our return visit:)

2 Thank AmandaE450
Penn Laird, Virginia
Reviewed 16 November 2010

We had the pleasure of staying at Ladera Resort in St. Lucia for our 10 yr anniversary. I have travelled most of the globe and have not ever experienced a resort like this one. The staff is unbelievable. They cater to your every desire. Chef Orlando at Dasheene is one of the top notch Chefs that have graced St. Lucia with his presence. The food is excellent. I can honestly say that there was not a moment of dissappointment at any level. We will certainly be coming back to enjoy this resort again. And considering we never go back to the same place twice, is saying alot for Ladera. We miss the staff dearly. And look forward to our return.

Rowayton, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My husband and I went to Ladera over the weekend that Hurricane Thomas hit. While we were unfortunate on our timing with weather, the staff couldn't have been more professional and accommodating. I have stayed in some of the nicest hotels in the world and never have I encountered a hotel staff that took such good care of their guests and had such integrity with their work. Chef Orlando kept AMAZING meals coming, drinks poured and every staff member with a smile on their face. Even during a hurricane, the service was over the top and the entire staff ensured our safety and comfort . Judging by how quickly their very hard working staff cleaned up the place, I'm sure it will be back in its beautiful working order in no time. I look forward to returning to Ladera and personally thanking Riccardo, Orlando, Michael, Gibson and EACH and EVERY wonderful staff member there. They could give us all lessons on how to make lemonade out of lemons!!

1 Thank Sandyn64
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 November 2010

My husband and I, along with another couple and dear friends of ours, hand-picked The Ladera Resort for a short 4 night trip as a preparation for our forthcoming long Connecticut winter. Soon after our arrival, what started as a beautiful and exiting long weekend trip turned into a Hurricane survival adventure. While Hurricane Tomas took a toll on the Island of St.Lucia, the professionalism of the Ladera’s staff along with its gorgeous setting, made it for a positive experience in spite of the circumstances. The staff made sure we were safe, fed, and entertained, at all possible times. Some of the rooms (including the one we were staying in) suffered some structural damage and they were quick to relocate us to safer grounds (a room on the other side of the hotel).
It was amazing to see how their “Ladera Pride” just kicked in!..... You could really tell how much they loved their place and how eager they were to get it back to its unbelievable beauty. The grounds crew was like a colony of aunts working together to clean up all the debris as soon as the hurricane passed and the rain ceased. The various group leaders; restaurant manager, executive chef, spa manager, and of course hotel manager, surveyed the rooms one by one and noted everything that was out of place or just didn’t seem right. It suffices to say that by the time we left of Monday, 2 days after the hurricane, the place had been cleaned and they anxiously waited for whatever professional help they needed to complete their recovery.
I’ve been fortunate in my travels and have visited many magnificent and exotic places but the Ladera with its gorgeous sea view, rainforest ambiance, and tremendous service, will always have a special place in my heart. Good luck and hope to see you soon Ladera!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ltavlarios
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Jade Mountain Resort
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet
Stonefield Estate Resort
Stonefield Estate Resort
#4 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Ladera Resort? Share your experiences!