We recently stayed at Stonefield and loved the place. I think we had an oceanview villa and it was perfect. The view was amazing and the outdoor shower was a nice touch. Here are my tips to fully enjoy your vacation on St Lucia.:
1. I would recommend renting a car if you're not one to just stay by the pool all day long. Taxis are crazy expensive and they remove flexibility. The roads were not too bad, but you did need to pay attention. Renting a car added to the experience in my opinion. I would recommend the 4x4 Jimmy. It's like a mini jeep and the 4 wheel drive may be called upon. The roads are narrow, so getting a big car in my opinion is a negative. BTW, we rented from Drive Matic and it was good experience.
2. If your vacation is at least 5 or 6 nights long, consider splitting your stay up. Spend a few nights at Stonefield and a few nights further north around rodney bay (look at Windjammer $$$ or Cap Maison $$$$). This way you get to see a lot of the island. Windjammer had a special that I missed, but the Bay Gardens Beach Resort that we stayed at was very nice and had a full kitchen, which worked out nice. I only complaint was that it wasn't very "St. Lucian". Other than that, it was nice.
3. October was a great time to go to St. Lucia. It's towards the end of the rainy season and there are far fewer cruise boats to deal with and much better hotel deals around. I found a special at Stonefield that enabled my wife and I to afford the villa and it was worth it.
4. Some mosquitoes are around, so bring spray. We did get bitten, but only because we didn't apply the spray. It wan't a big deal and didn't affect our trip...just something to think about.
5. Things to do around Stonefield: Mineral Waterfall (good and only $3), Jalouise Beach (Nice beach...nothing too special), Town of Soufere (Would not recommend visiting...only to go to grocery and get food/beer/rum), Marthas Table (good local food, recommend going), Dasheen Restaurant (great experience, somewhat expensive but had a great view and live band...worth it), Diamond botanical gardens (good and only $5), Tortaille Waterfall (recently reopened and it was awesome and around $5-recommend it), Anse La Raye fish fry (Friday night, good local food - interesting experience- go if you can fit it in), Anse Chastanet beach (great snorkeling- got to go).
6. If you snorkel, you may want to bring your on gear.
Very nice people and beautiful island. If done right, it would one of those perfect trips. For us, it was that trip and we will always remember it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, West Indies, Booking.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere