My wife and I just returned from staying at Stonefield Estate in St. Lucia. We stayed in the Orchid villa which had its own Infinity pool which looked onto Petit Piton. The villa was very nice, bed comfortable with a mosquito net as the bathroom shower was partially open, but completely private despite that.
The restaurant Mango Tree serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We generally ate Breakfast and Dinner. For Breakfast they had nice fresh juices, I usually had the Piton Special which was two eggs scrambled, but you can get them any style with potatoes and ham or sausages. I also had the Stonefield Favorite which was a Toasted Baguette with Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese and Scrambled eggs. It was quite different from anything I normally had, but quite good. Dinners were very good as well I especially enjoyed the Blackened Tuna. My favorite drink was the TI Ponche which is a strong rum mixed with lime juice and honey.
The hotel will book a complimentary taxi at four specified times to Jalouise Beach, 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. You should bring a few bucks to tip the driver. Jalousie beach is technically public, but you cannot use any of the hotel's nice chairs. They let you rent some less than attractive chairs for $20 a piece. There are free chairs on the rocky side of the beach which is frequented by Snorkeling tours from Soufriere. Buy a Piton from the local vendors and do some snorkeling, gear is also rented.
There is a beach closer to Stonefield which you can get to by walking down the steep road off the back exit of the hotel driveway. The beach has a mix of fine sand to a more rocky. Harmony's is sometimes open which we were able to drink some Piton's on their nice deck overlooking the harbor.
You can arrange to do a more adventurous activity with the hotel reception desk. We chose to climb Gros Piton. Make sure you get an early start because it gets hotter the later you go. We scarfed down breakfast at 7:30am and departed at 8. The hotel taxi will drop you off and get you with a guide. Bring lots of water and snacks in a small backpack. The trail is very well maintained, but sometimes the steps go nearly straight up the mountain. We made it to the top, but 30% do not make it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere