My husband and I really enjoyed Stonefield. The staff is wonderful, friendly and helpful- staying at a smaller place like this is ideal if you want personalized service. Our bungalow had a perfect view of Petit Piton- I wouldn't have traded that view for anything! It was amazing to lay in the hammock, use the outdoor shower or hang out in the plunge pool with that view. The kitchen was basic but everything you need to cook something simple or make a drink (ours had a blender!). Some people have complained about mosquitos, but we didn't have any problems. There are some lizards that wall come in when you open the doors, but they don't bother you. We didn't sleep with the mosquito net down because it blocks the breeze and the fan. The open air bungalow is noisy at night though- there are so many frogs singing! It didn't bother me though because I liked the experience of sleeping in the tropics, although I know some people like to sleep in complete silence.
It may not be the hippest, coolest resort on the island but it has a GREAT location (right down the road from some great restaurants, Jalouise beach, the volcano, Pitons, shopping in Soulfiere). The vegetation and amenities are beautifully maintained and tropical. The breakfast at The Mango Tree is pretty good. We have no complaints about the service, everything came out fresh and relatively quickly. The drinks at the bar are good and strong. We did eat at The Mango Tree a few other times but you are so close to a few other notable resorts that we enjoyed trying out their restaurants as well.
We recommend Stonefield to everyone who wants a nice relaxing tropical vacation with friendly service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere