Stonefield Villa Resort
  • Breakfast included
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmango tree restaurantoutdoor showerpetit pitonprivate poolour honeymoonst luciasugar beachhomemade jamscell phonefull kitchenamazing viewsdouble hammockocean viewbotanical gardenscaribbean seabanana pancakesthe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The Stonefield Resort is a truly amazing place. The resort is away from it all, so if you are looking for peace and quiet, this place can not be beat. The restaurant is very good and reasonable. Each villa has their own private pool and also kitchen (with full size refrigerator and stove). I felt like we had rented our own private house/apartment. There are no phones or TV, which is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Internet is available at the lobby area or restaurant only and you must have your own devise (tablet, phone or computer). The only downside was that it was extremely hot and although our room had AC, the villa is open to the outside (exterior walls are screened with shutters) so cold air doesn't stay in too well - thank goodness for the pool though, because it cools you off! The resort is beautiful, the staff is friendly and the views are more than amazing. I would recommend this Resort to anyone looking for privacy in a gorgeous location.

Room Tip: All of the villas are private- some have AC and some don't.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saraworsham
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The Stonefileld Estate Villa Resort in Soufriere, St Lucia, is a MUST DO adventure / vacation at least ONCE in your lifetime. I took my Mom on her early (70th) birthday celebration and I celebrated my 48th birthday too with this trip. We were very fortunate to have been able to get the "Flamboyant" Villa, (Majestic Hillside Ocean View) its 1534 sq ft with 1 BR, 1 BTH with outdoor shower (private), and kitchen with living room. The private balcony (with a hammock) and private pool both overlook the Majestic Petit Piton and Caribbean Sea. The views are UNBELIVEABLE and defines for me the true meaning of "Paradise!" The entire staff, including the delicious Mango Tree restaurant, were very friendly and helpful. I HIGHLY recomend staying at this Resort should you have the chance! "5 Stars !" is the proper rating, hands down!

Room Tip: Any Hillside Ocean Villas have the best views of the Petit Piton and Sea, but the Garden Rooms are cheaper without Ocean views but I still think they get the good Petit Piton views!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RobGrass
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Stayed at Stonefield for a short weekend break, and as always I was not disappointed. The property is cozy and the staff are friendly and eager to please. Sherryann and Lisa from the restaurant were always there to welcome us with a smile. The complementary breakfast is always a winner, lunch and dinner did not disappoint either. The shrimp at lunch and lobster at dinner were both scrumptious. We stayed in the Hibiscus villa which was amazing, this villa was at the edge of the property and had amazing sea and piton views. The bedroom is very spacious, clean and well maintained. I was pleasantly surprised that we weren't bitten not once by mosquitoes...a rare thing in the rainy season. If you're looking for a restful and relaxing retreat then this is the place for you. A true St. Lucian owned gem.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca758
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This place was magical, and very romantic. I went with a friend, but I didn't feel too awkward. It's the kind of place that makes you gasp. Located halfway the mountain, it's in between the town and the springs. If you need to go to the beach, you can either go to Jalousie or the local beach next door. Jalousie has boat rentals, but they treat like a second class citizen. The restaurant, "The Mango Tree," is really good, and the prices are half of Jade or Ladera or Jalousie. So if you're traveling and want the in between authentic St. Lucia and luxury accommodations, this is your resort.

Room Tip: Do one with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank katt82
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This was my second time visiting St. Lucia, and I would say this stay was definitely a better experience! I loved the secluded and quietness of Stonefield Villas Resort...I was looking to get away and my stay here was just perfect. The "commercialized" resorts in the northern-part of the island cannot even compare to this. Plus I would even rate this resort higher than Ladera Resort which I did stay at during my first visit. My villa (Ginger Lily) was clean and had awesome views of the Caribbean and Petite Piton. The views from the resort's Mango Tree Restaurant were amazing as well. Every staff member from the grounds-keepers to house-keepers to Reception to Restuarant Servers to Spa were very friendly and helpful! Even the Resort's GM (Paul) was present on a daily basis and ensured that all guests were enjoying their time. The meals and local entertainment held at the Mango Tree Restaurant were very authentic and great! If traveling to St. Lucia during the summer months, just remember to bring bug spray.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms have perfect views but get a villa with an ocean view (e.g., Ginger Lilly) as you would not be disappointed!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo