Stonefield Villa Resort
US$480
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$330
Travelocity
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$144
  • Breakfast included
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$630
US$327
Orbitz.com
US$589
US$1,332
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$94
Travelocity
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$99
Anse Chastanet(Soufriere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmango tree restaurantoutdoor showerpetit pitonprivate poolour honeymoonst luciasugar beachhomemade jamscell phonefull kitchenamazing viewsdouble hammockocean viewbotanical gardenscaribbean seabanana pancakesthe general manager
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This is the third time I have been to St. Lucia the time before my husband and i stayed at The Landings Resort on the Beach which was excellent! However this time we both wanted some down time since I myself had been traveling for work for the last 18 months on assignments. I did my homework and this looked to be the place we wanted to go. A drop dead view of the Pitons but without the Jade Mountain Resort Prices. First of all the front desk group of ladies were awesome, never a moment they were not right on the spot for whatever we needed. They greeted us with wonderful eucalyptus cold towels and fresh squeezed juice on a warm day upon check in. All during the week anything we needed there was nothing they couldnt provide. They are a wealth of information and very intent on making your stay wonderful. Then we were taken to our room. AAAAHHH is all I can say the rooms are rustic reminding you of how the caribbean was before the new hotels came in. The rooms have hand made furniture and cabinets some look to be made out of mahogany just perfect and loved, loved loved the outside shower! The place is so private that most of the villas - clothes are optional for your private pool and sunbathing. The bed was a four poster bed and though firm mattress we slept like babies every night. If you have never lived in Florida or visited anywhere tropical you know there are these little bitsy ants that if you do not clean out your bottles after you are finished or put food away tightly or in refrigerator you will see them appear from no where but that is part of tropical environment anywhere so even though someone had written about them in a review, it was not a problem for us we know to expect them. We also know in the tropics at night you either listen to frogs/crickets or both again not a problem they put you right to sleep. If you are one that has a hard time sleeping just use the radio/ipod to play some music till you drift off to sleep but again something you learn to expect in the caribbean. The days were warm so the units have A/C and we were very comfortable.There is a mini bar in our room which I was grateful for and unlike most hotels the prices on the items were not jacked up they were very reasonable. As far as the food was concerned since we did not rent a car this time we just ate our meals at the Mango Tree. Breakfast is wonderful something on the menu different every day and we were plenty full. Most the time we did not eat Lunch or just had something light till Dinner. The ladies at Mango Tree most gracious and friendly especially Lisa, Desiri and Tarnisha! We could just have taken them home with us! Dinner was great loved the rack of Lamb, Lambi, Chicken and Crab, Calameri -so good, and the conch chowder to die for! The chef switched up the menu's three times so we never tired of the food. I have to tell you the dinning room sits off the side of the mountain with the most gorgeous view of the ocean directly below and the Large Piton in the mornings the sky was so clear you felt like you could just reach out and touch it! I found this view much more amazing even over Jade Mountain! The sun sets well you will just have to experience them yourselves! Since the Beaches are below you, you have a choice the one directly below (more private) which you could walk to but the walk up is not recommended unless you are fit , or you can go to the beach at the Jalousie. All beaches in St. Lucia are public however be prepared if you go to Jalousie that they do charge $20.00 a chair although comfortable if you plan to eat there as well they really should not charge for chair in my opinion.. ( food and drinks at Jalousie for lunch expensive, but good) If you want a great place to go to Lunch or Dinner that is Caribbean flavor, nice portions, great taste and reasonable- Martha's Table! We did go to the sulfer pools and had a mud bath at the volcano while there and made our skin feel wonderful and I would recommend. Also there is a mineral pools and falls we did not make and I wish we had had time for. My husband and I did partake in massages at the Bamboo spa at the Stonefield resort and Dawn was great! I would recommend while there to be sure and book.(word of advice for for those from U.S. - no need to tip her since the tip is automatically billed on your hotel bill we didnt realize that and ended up paying her twice-our fault) Since there are no TV's in the room my husband and I were forced to talk to each other, and we found this quite enjoyable, we laughed, played games, walked around the beautiful property there and swam alot in our private pool. All in all this is exactly what the Dr. ordered. I have to say we both agree this is the best vacation we have taken in the last 30 years! We so look forward to our return visit next year. Thank you all at Stonefield for making our time there so enjoyable as I have always said this is the only island where I just feel in love with the St. Lucian people the first time I visited and why I continue to keep going back over and over again. JohnFrieda

Room Tip: From what I could tell all rooms have a wonderful depending on how private you want. The Fragapani and the Casurina seemed to have the best view for a one bedroom however there was one villa with an endless pool and I didnt get to see that one.
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I love this place, stayed 2 times. First time in Bambo secound time Frangipany. Each room has a private pool, beautifull view, great free breakfast, restaurant is outstanding, each room has a little fridge, microwave, sink, coffe pot...no TV(love that).
Shower is outside beautifull, landscape.
I highly recomand this fantastic place.
The beach is 15 mins walk (steep downhill), no problem for fit undividual, or 2 mins car ride, they have also a free shuttle to few other resort.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

We went here for our honeymoon in Sept of 2012 and stayed in the Flamboyant villa. I cannot recommend this suite enough. When we opened the door we were blown away by the view and the privacy. It was truly breathtaking and the private pool was amazing :) We went out on a sunset sail and some other adventures, but honestly, just hanging out at the villa couldn't be beat. The staff at this place is super friendly and they call you by name. Its a small resort so there is plenty of attention to detail... one of the maids even brought us a coconut to our room because she saw us trying to get one from a tree! Food and drinks were great here too. If you're considering this place, don't hesitate... you will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Ask for the "Flamboyant Villa" you will be amazed!!! Pictures of the view do not do this justice, it is breathtaking!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 395Jen
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We found a great Groupon deal, and decided to stay here. The resort is perfect for getting away from it all, as you stay in rather secluded, private villas with fantastic views. The service was really excellent. You receive a cell phone when you arrive, which you can call the front desk with any concern you may have. The villa we stayed in was really nice, with a new A/C unit (which did a decent job of keeping the heat away at least in the bedroom), full kitchen, stove, refrigerator, private pool overlooking the ocean and piton, and hammock.
The Mango Tree restaurant was also very good. Complimentary breakfast is served at the same site, and was really good (we especially enjoyed the bread). Be prepared as most restaurants around the area (including Mango Tree) are attached to hotels, and can cost about $80 for two people with drinks for dinner. Also, cabs to take you to and from nearby restaurants cost $24 round trip
We also had 50 min massages at the spa on site, which were very relaxing. The staff there was also really great, always making sure we were very comfortable. The spa itself was well maintained, and looked very clean to us.

Overall, we had a fantastic time during our stay at Stonefield. If you are looking for a place that is away from the touristy bustle, with stellar views and some peace and quiet, this place is perfect for you.

Room Tip: We stayed at Jasmine, which overlooked the Piton and the ocean. It was a great view!
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The Stonefield Resort is a truly amazing place. The resort is away from it all, so if you are looking for peace and quiet, this place can not be beat. The restaurant is very good and reasonable. Each villa has their own private pool and also kitchen (with full size refrigerator and stove). I felt like we had rented our own private house/apartment. There are no phones or TV, which is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Internet is available at the lobby area or restaurant only and you must have your own devise (tablet, phone or computer). The only downside was that it was extremely hot and although our room had AC, the villa is open to the outside (exterior walls are screened with shutters) so cold air doesn't stay in too well - thank goodness for the pool though, because it cools you off! The resort is beautiful, the staff is friendly and the views are more than amazing. I would recommend this Resort to anyone looking for privacy in a gorgeous location.

Room Tip: All of the villas are private- some have AC and some don't.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple