We just retuned from a very pleasant stay of one week to Stonefield Resort. While we had reserved for a basic villa, we benefited from a free upgrade in villa with a sea view. Comfortable villa air-conditioned with private terrace and swimming pool, porch, outside shower. Stonefield Resort turns out to be a location built on a green isolated hill. The site remained in the natural state sometimes making an impression of neglected but of rustic character. We were welcomed by the warm staff who offered us wet cool towels and fruit juices.
Positive points: private surrounding of every villa, tranquillity, cleanliness, security, romantic, reliable service of shuttle up to the beach, the polite and smiling staff, specially the staff of the reception as well as the majority of the staff of the restaurant.
In our villa Bamboo: wonderful view of the sea and the Piton, the big porch, hammock, the private swimming pool, the outdoor rain forest shower, firm mattress, coffee / tea, air conditioning. The restaurant: pleasant view, comfortable furniture, highlighted by the local cuisine, the fresh food.
Negative points: the room service in the villa (various missing items every day as by examples, replacements of the items of the mini bar, the towels of bath and beach, bars of soap). We had to communicate with the reception to obtain the missing items with delay. The old-fashioned decoration of the villa, the pressure of water and water. To the restaurant: variable quality of the service, the yellowish lighting which gives a beige color to all the dishes, the prices highly exaggerated for the quality of dishes.
Global impression: ideal place for the romanticism and the tranquillity in a private, simple and natural environment. The facility of the site dates many years'. Although it is obvious that Mrs Brown (owner) assure a regular maintenance of the installations, the site accuses its age and would deserve some renovations to correspond to the standards of one four stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, West Indies, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere