We just got back from Stonefield and I can honestly say that this was the most relaxing vacation that my husband and I have ever taken. It was our 15th wedding anniversary and our second time to St Lucia. We chose Stonefield based on that I wanted something completely different than we did last time which was Sandals. It was relaxing, romantic, private... just bliss.
The Stonefield is a great getaway. We loved our villa, Casaurina, and it's plunge pool overlooking the petit Piton and the ocean. It's outdoor shower was another favorite. I took a cheap float to relax in the pool which someone else recommended. My husband's favorite place to relax was in the hammock on the porch.
We ate often at the Mango Tree on property. The service lacked a little and the menu was limited at times for picky eaters but we addressed this in our survey at the end of our stay and were pleasantly surprised when we received a email from the General Manager before we even got home. Very impressive.
We only went out a couple of times. We took the Volcano and Mineral Springs excursion with Simon Says. (I'll be giving him a rave review as well) It was amazing. We also went to the local Friday night fish fry by boat. Well worth the cultural trip plus we made some new friends.
I booked our airport transfers with St. Lucia Airport Shuttles. He was $10 US cheaper than the resort and Janus was prompt and amazingly nice. My husband accidentally left his cell phone in the car and Janus saw it and hunted us down at the airport before we left.
If you are looking for a peaceful and romantic setting you cannot beat a trip to Stonefield. Also, the people of St Lucia are welcoming and great to be around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, West Indies, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere