Me and my husband came here for 5 nights in January 2014. Below are some of our thoughts and experiences.
Room – Amazing! We loved the peacefulness of the surroundings, the room was clean and the patio was just the best. With a private little pool and a hammock, it made it even more better!
Customer service – Just ok! The day we came, they took us to our room, and soon after we realized that the AC and the fridge did not work. We called them and they said “just wait for an hour; it takes some time to cool”. We waited and it was still the same. Then they sent a technician, and after spending half an hour or so, he agreed that the AC and the fridge did not work properly. By the time we were burning in scorching 90 degrees outside. After he informed the front desk, they said we need to send a specialist to look at the issue. By the time, we were already sitting outside on the patio for 2 hours. The specialist came in and gave the same conclusion. The front desk was not so accommodating. They said “all the similar kind of rooms are occupied”. There is one upgrade available which we can move you for tonight but you will have to empty that room tomorrow morning. By the time it was 8:30 pm at night. We had arrived at 4:30 pm! We had wasted the whole evening and the front desk behaved as if they were doing a huge favor on us to give us a room with AC and fridge for a night, with a condition to move again the next day…
That same very night, when we went to the new room, none of the rooms have blankets. We call the front desk at 10 pm to send in blankets. The person goes “well the maintenance people have left for the day and I am the only one here. Let’s see what I can do” It took her 1.5 hours to send a blanket after 4 phone calls for reminder!!!! Moreover, the blanket we got was so dirty and cheap.
When they moved us back to the original room we were on day 1, the fridge still did not work. The reason they gave was that we replaced a brand new AC for you, but we need time to fix the fridge… We didn’t want to argue with them anymore and spoil our vacation.
Resort – The best thing about the resort was good rooms and location. The resort had nothing additional. The free breakfast that says is inclusive is only one serving. It is not a buffet and the choices are very limited. There is only one restaurant – mango tree restaurant. The food is very mediocre. They do not have any nightly entertainment. We reached there Thursday night, when something was going on at mango tree, but we missed it due to the room change and all that mess. But there was nothing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday! It becomes very dull at night, especially in the Soufriere there is nothing to do after dark. And that’s when you rely on the resort, but unfortunately stonefield estate does not provide any entertainment.
Bathroom – It was a new concept and fun for a few days. However, it rains so often there, that sometimes when you want to take a shower its pouring outside which makes it so tough to use the shower… Plus, the shower is old. Hot water takes 15 mins to come in the shower and it is so slow, it takes you double the time because of the slow hot water coming from the shower. I like the concept of open shower, however an inside shower for bad weather would be a good idea.
We would not go back to this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, West Indies, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Stonefield Villa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort
- Stonefield Villa Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere