My husband and I spent 7 blissful nights in St. Lucia at Stonefield Estate Resort and they exceeded all of our expectations. The resort arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the airport and we enjoyed the ride to the resort as our driver pointed out the fishing villages, schools and other highlights along the way. (During our entire trip, everyone we met was friendly and eager to share the history of their island which made the trip even more fun and memorable.) We were greeted at Stonefield with a cold hand towel and fresh squeezed Tamarind juice and escorted to our villa.
The villa was spacious and very charming. There were fresh local flowers/plants in vases and planters around the room and little flowers had been picked and placed throughout along with “Welcome” written on the bench at the foot of the bed. The resort supplied a mosquito net around the bed to keep any biters away at night, towels for the outdoor shower as well as towels for the beach or plunge pool. They also supplied shampoo, conditioner, body bars and lotion and a hairdryer which is nice to not have to travel with. The room also has both US and EU power outlets so no converters needed. We especially enjoyed our private plunge pool and hammock on the deck outside our villa. And did I mention the view???? We had a water front/piton view and it was breathtaking. St. Lucia is by far the most gorgeous place either of us has ever been and Stonefield captures all of that beauty along with the immense charm of the island and the town of Soufriere.
Every morning we learned to look forward to our breakfast at the Mango Tree restaurant!!! The view from the restaurant is unbeatable and since it is so high in elevation, there is a fabulous breeze at all times! Even in the heat of the day, during lunchtime, we were never too hot or uncomfortable. (Everywhere we ate on the island was open air rather than a contained restaurant.) We ate a lot of our meals at the Mango Tree restaurant even though we had planned on venturing out for meals more often. The prices were not too ridiculous and their menus were wonderful!! I especially enjoyed the bounty of specialty drinks which used fresh mango! I couldn’t get enough.
Overall, our stay at Stonefield was perfection! Our room was always clean, we were able to keep it nice and cool by closing off the bathroom and closing all of the shutters in the room, the plunge pool was great to jump in and out of whenever we liked, all of the staff was helpful and friendly and the resort is located in the perfect spot to really capture the charm, natural beauty and experiences we were looking for on our honeymoon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere